It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan unveils timeline for indigenous fighter jet program

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Girls... What u talking about?

Anyway... We will see what happens when China makes a play for Taiwan after their Hong Kong victory is secured.
They are getting very emboldened now.

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Borys

Hey Borys. I just sent you a PM asking you a question. Please check out your mailbox.

posted on Jul, 18 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Hope you go my reply: have no idea if it was sent or not...

posted on Jul, 19 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Borys

Hey sorry borys i just replied. You have a new message.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Anyone who has served in Korea knows the uter hatred they have for the Japanese.

They took the women as sex slaves... Bloody animals.

reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Which is interesting as the Germans were not a great bunch of chaps themselves yet we don’t hate them all for exterminating Jews.

At what point do you have to move on, I don’t mean forget.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick
.... Because the Germans actually admitted their wrong doing and apologized repeatedly and profusely for decades. Japan to this day refuses to apologize in public and plays a frankly stupid game of blame admittance obfuscation by wrapping it up in some form of cultural mystique. How on earth and why would any of the other Asian nations and most definitely China have any trust in Tokyo when they wont fess up to what heinous crimes they committed? You cant have an easy anti-China Asian alliance until PM Abe, the Emperor or both actually go to places like Korea, Thailand, The Philippines etc, and even China and publicly bow and apologize for what they did.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: thebozeian
.... Because the Germans actually admitted their wrong doing and apologized repeatedly and profusely for decades. Japan to this day refuses to apologize in public and plays a frankly stupid game of blame admittance obfuscation by wrapping it up in some form of cultural mystique. How on earth and why would any of the other Asian nations and most definitely China have any trust in Tokyo when they wont fess up to what heinous crimes they committed? You cant have an easy anti-China Asian alliance until PM Abe, the Emperor or both actually go to places like Korea, Thailand, The Philippines etc, and even China and publicly bow and apologize for what they did.

Bit like apologising for slavery? I wouldn’t do it, has no bearing on my moral compass what my ancestors did.

That said, no need pretend things didn’t happen if other people need it to heal.

posted on Jul, 20 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Check your messages.

posted on Jul, 21 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Friends become enemies and enemies become friends: Europe is a study in shifting alliances spanning centuries. Fortunately the EU and NATO has largely - though by no means completely - smothered the worst feelings nations have between each other in Europe (which do tend to re-emerge on the football pitch...)

But the comments in the latest few replies have a familiar ring: they have been ringing in my head for pretty much a quarter century as I travelled throughout the region.

It has to end, as difficult as it will be. As painful and humiliating as it will be for many nations. Otherwise, they may as well just acquiesce to China now and save themselves the trouble. Only a united Asian region can truly stand up to the PRC, otherwise China will slowly, carefully and relentlessly expand its influence and displace US values in the region.

Cooperation on a 6th generation fighter could be an amazing project for cooperation between Japan and Asia...unless they behave like Europe did with the Eurofighter/Typhoon...

posted on Jul, 24 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Its exactly nothing like apologizing for slavery, that's an apples and oranges analogy if ever I heard one. Slavery happened and ended well over 100 years ago. Within the last 24 hrs a German court has indicted a WWII German soldier for war crimes, this all happened within the lifetime of people alive today. For some bizarre reason though, once the major trials were concluded by the IMTFE virtually all further attempts were stopped at finding further Japanese war criminals, why? There was no logical or humanitarian reason why, and to this day there has been no attempt by Japan to acknowledge its past, unlike Germany which continues too. There is virtually no way there will be any peace or alliance with Japan against Chinese aggression unless this comes to pass. And for reasons best left to be explained by General MacArthur, there was no real attempt to press Japan and its leadership to acknowledge such. Whats worse is that failure to do this has seen various right wing revisionist movements spring forth and raise the prospect of a potential nationalistic Japan reigniting a conflict in Asia that would probably result in a nuclear war if not checked. We need a strong Japan that is respected and trusted by its neighbors right now, not a nation refusing to admit its recent past, mistrusted by the very people it needs to ally with against another attempted Hahn dynasty. A dynasty that threatens to control every living being on the planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join