It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep State Supreme Court Rules Trump Tax Records Can Be Turned Over To Manhattan District Attorney

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well constructed reply. You obviously understand what's happening here, maybe explain it to the hopelessly deluded.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Trump is/was a billionaire with lots of money to pay top dog lawyers. I'd bet that like all rich people, he took advantage of the tax loopholes any chance he could (who wouldn't?) and there will be nothing damning found.

My opinion.

Taking advantage of loopholes is fine with me, if they're there do it. I'm saying if anything criminal took place, which I don't know one way or the other and I'm not making guesses to either, then it needs to be prosecuted.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Deetermined
Are you too lazy to find one source to back that statement up? Nope. You can't.

No, you're just to friggin lazy too look:

In the case concerning the prosecutors’ subpoena, he wrote that “no citizen, not even the president, is categorically above the common duty to produce evidence when called upon in a criminal proceeding.” He added that Mr. Trump may still raise objections to the scope and relevance of the subpoena. I purposefully picked the Failing New York Times.

Translation: If the Grand Jury asks the Grand Jury shall get.

LOL! Your translation fails. What part did you miss about, "Trump may still raise objections to the scope and relevance of the subpoena" did you not understand?!

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

See reply above to other poster.

Where do I sign up for that at?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

Well constructed reply. You obviously understand what's happening here, maybe explain it to the hopelessly deluded.

LOL! TheRedneck just threw your argument under the bus and you are still too deluded to recognize it.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
As to the irs, trump has been audited. That is fact.

And? Just because they didn't find something doesn't mean something illegal didn't take place in the operations of his businesses.

Thanks for the partisan admission tho.
It colors your posts properly, in orange.

I've never hid my Libertarian views or my dislike for pretty much any politician. You make this seem like a gotcha moment when the only one not aware was just yourself.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
No.

Just EO it into law.

Those don't make law, only selectively enforce existing ones.

link   
I am confused though.

Since hardly ANYONE personally files their taxes even more for people like Trump.

How is he culpable for what his accountants do?

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm saying if anything criminal took place, which I don't know one way or the other and I'm not making guesses to either, then it needs to be prosecuted.

Wow
Almost levelheaded.
Considering the edwards fec case and trumps irs audits.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
That is not exactly what they ruled.
They completely rejected the idea that the pres is immune from criminal investigation, supeneas, ect. But, there are other options the president has to argue his case. So, basically they punted it back to the lower court.

No that was a separate ruling relating to Congressional Subpoenas.
Trump's accountants must hand over his financial information to the DA, but they must be kept secret. The problem is we know they will be leaked, so the secrecy element of the SC's ruling is somewhat moot.
Feels like another fishing expedition - let's get some documents and see if we can find anything.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

So, what are they investigating?? We dont know what they are investigating.. they usually try to keep that information secret as long as they can. And, while it may be true that something from the stormy payouts kicked off this investigation it could be pretty much unrelated to those payouts. Maybe cohen tipped them off about something else?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
LOL! Your translation fails. What part did you miss about, "Trump may still raise objections to the scope and relevance of the subpoena" did you not understand?!

And if the subpoena is valid? What does he have to do with his tax records? Turn them over or not turn them over?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Not by what I am hearing.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think it's a good day for transparency.

Imagine if Hillary were president, or Biden becomes president.

This sets a precedent that no matter who you are, you can't hide.

Hmm, precedent seems to be ignored when convenient to do so.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Almost levelheaded.
Considering the edwards fec case and trumps irs audits.

Again. You don't read much before commenting. It's cool, mot reactionaries don't.

I WANT ALL POLITICIANS IN JAIL. Is this clear? Can you comprehend what I'm saying? Does it savvy? Capiche?

I'm your lock them up candidate. I deliver, they don't.

link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: LSU2018

That's not true. I'm a Trump supporter and if he has nothing to hide then he shouldn't care.

I think he's just doing this to screw with the Dems' minds. I don't think he's trying to hide anything.

I don't either. Think back to when people demanded to Obama's BC. He told them no and kept it hidden until 2011 or 2012 and then produced some bunk certificate that looked odd. Trump is playing their own game against them, but has legal documents.

link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Can you link please.
I read that there were two separate rulings.
1) relating to Trump's accountants being required to provide financial documents to the DA.
2) whether trump needed to comply with Congressional subpoenas

link   

He's correct, if the Grand Jury asks for them then he must turn them over.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, thank you, sir! I don't think I need to explain it to you again though.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

As a Dem I'm totally OK with that. Unlike most boot licking Republicans I'm fine with putting criminals where they belong. Even if they are from my own party. And that's place is prison.

If we actually had zero tolerance for criminal activity for public officials we'd have a government that worked together to make this country a better place.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join