It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep State Supreme Court Rules Trump Tax Records Can Be Turned Over To Manhattan District Attorney

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Lol
Hur dur
If that guy was the pos you describe then the fec and irs would be on him.
They are not.
You are the "partisan asswipe".

This is not over.
IMO it was rightfully sent back to fight out.
The request for documentation was an overreach imo.
The hush money trump paid was legal.
Gross and nasty, but legal.

Also, this won't be back in the courts until AFTER the election.
Once again the bamn resist people shoot themselves in the foot.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I think it's a good day for transparency.

Imagine if Hillary were president, or Biden becomes president.

This sets a precedent that no matter who you are, you can't hide.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: HalWesten
You're pretty demanding, you know that?

You don't get to be an evil 1%er by sitting on your ass.

If they were to find criminality it should be investigated.

Good, then you agree with the Court.

What also should be investigated is the slush fund congress has for paying off people for real crimes that have been committed by senators and representatives. If it's good enough for Trump, it's good enough for everyone else. Right?

Yeah, I like when all politicians get roasted. It gives me the most delicious schadenfreude possible.

No, actually I don't agree with the court. I remember hearing when they first asked that there are restrictions on why and when congress can ask for personal returns, but I'm having a heck of a time finding it when I search "when can congress request tax returns -Trump". I want to know the exact language and the IRS site is very much legal-ese and not clear.

link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
When?

Not super familiar with the suit but it appears the allegations are prior to his running for President.

If that's the case then I don't think it should be considered until he's a regular citizen again.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   

He'll have to turn them over.

Are you too lazy to find one source to back that statement up? Nope. You can't.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I don't think deep state did that. Looks like a well played trick.

Nothing is goona happen until November after elections and dems access to that information had been blocked. They put the whole thing to sleep.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

That's not true. I'm a Trump supporter and if he has nothing to hide then he shouldn't care.

I think he's just doing this to screw with the Dems' minds. I don't think he's trying to hide anything.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
If that guy was the pos you describe then the fec and irs would be on him.

Would they? I already covered this. Try reading.

You are the "partisan asswipe".

Totally. I'm partisan for the Libertarian Party, I make no issue hiding it. I want to see your Orange Asswipe Jesus and every other politician in Washington out on the streets pimping their asses for beer money. Does this upset you? Good.

link   
These two decisions actually, so far as I have found thus far, seem reasonable. No President can interfere with the application of justice, thus records held by a President must be available to Grand Juries when necessary to allow them to decide their cases fairly. Of course, this takes into account that the purpose of a Grand Jury is not investigative... a Grand Jury reviews an investigation and determines if sufficient evidence exists to proceed with trial. So far as I am aware, evidence requested by a Grand Jury cannot be used in a criminal proceeding. It is sealed, as are all Grand Jury documents.

And in the scheme of things, this decision does not mean Trump must now hand over anything; it simply means the lower courts now have to consider whether or not there is a legitimate reason to have the tax returns released to a Grand Jury. That's a whole 'nother question. All this ruling did was strike down the argument that a President is absolutely immune from participating in a criminal investigation, not that Donald Trump must supply tax returns,

On the other hand, the Supreme Court also ruled that Congress cannot simply demand records as a part of a politically-biased oversight. That is proper; no one is above the law, as we have all heard ad infinitum, and that includes Congressmen! I'm talking to you, Nervous Nancy. You are not above the law either and the law says Donald J. Trump is the legitimate President of the United States of America. Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it. Your oversight is not your primary power; your primary power is legislative and your oversight is an adjunct power.

In total, I see today's rulings as a win for the US. The criminal investigation can continue; the worst that can come of it is that Trump will, after his Presidency ends in January 2025, have to answer allegations based on the lies of Michael Cohen. But he does not have to continue to fight Congress over his legitimacy as President.

Late breaking: According to Nervous Nancy, she still thinks she is above the law... "sigh"... why am I not surprised?

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think it's a good day for transparency.

Imagine if Hillary were president, or Biden becomes president.

This sets a precedent that no matter who you are, you can't hide.

This is why I like you man, you understand, what's good for the goose and all.

4D chess this and destroy everyone.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
No, actually I don't agree with the court.

Most Trump supporters won't. Just like if this was a Democrat President most of the Liberals would lose their minds.

This is the part I find the most succulent and delicious. I eat this up like I eat up stem cells....slowly, and with much enjoyment.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If that's the case then I don't think it should be considered until he's a regular citizen again.

No, the President is not above the law just because he's President.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah, it kind of kills the argument against investigating Biden for Ukrainian dealings... if a sitting President is subject to investigation over criminal allegations, then an assumed candidate-to-be certainly is!

Keep in mind, this does not negate the DoJ's policy of not issuing indictments for a sitting President.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

But if they refuse to put him in prison for owing millions in back taxes, and he still walks free with nothing done, then it's only fair to treat others the same way. That's all I'm saying.

Trump is/was a billionaire with lots of money to pay top dog lawyers. I'd bet that like all rich people, he took advantage of the tax loopholes any chance he could (who wouldn't?) and there will be nothing damning found.

My opinion.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You covered neither.
Lazy?
Who knows?
Look up the edwards case with respect to the fec.

As to the irs, trump has been audited. That is fact.
Nothing there either.

Thanks for the partisan admission tho.
It colors your posts properly, in orange.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Cool.

Let's see the last 10 years of tax returns for all members of the House of Representatives and the Senate, as well.

They would be much more interesting than President Trump's.

Okay. File a suit, get a Grand Jury going.

No.

Just EO it into law.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
Are you too lazy to find one source to back that statement up? Nope. You can't.

No, you're just to friggin lazy too look:

In the case concerning the prosecutors’ subpoena, he wrote that “no citizen, not even the president, is categorically above the common duty to produce evidence when called upon in a criminal proceeding.” He added that Mr. Trump may still raise objections to the scope and relevance of the subpoena. I purposefully picked the Failing New York Times.

Translation: If the Grand Jury asks the Grand Jury shall get.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I don't think deep state did that.

No? Even though I used 'deep state' a bunch of times?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
The orange guy has you

They all have all of us and that's the sad f****** reality. This guy is just as much a POS as anyone else and he doesn't get to be above the law. If you support the Constitution then you agree. If you're a partisan asswipe you disagree.

All criminality should be punished, especially when it's our elected officials.

State rights are where it's at... Let the people vote for the rules and standards they prefer.

See? The South had the right idea all along.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

The People need to rise up or something. This is outrageous.

Rise up and fight...against transparency of government officials???

Weird rally call bro.

Government officials ?

At least for the last 3 and a half years.

Of course New York prosecutorial HACKS went back 8.

Honest question.

Should public prosectors pursue poltiical vendettas because their team lost last go round?
edit on 9-7-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join