It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep State Supreme Court Rules Trump Tax Records Can Be Turned Over To Manhattan District Attorney

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So what if the grand jury asked for them. Trump's tax returns aren't pertinent to the investigation and Trump's attorneys should be able to shut that down in a heartbeat.

edit on 9-7-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: starfoxxx
Not to mention OF COURSE they are going to charge Trump for something...

Let's say, for argument's sake, that the tax records show criminality. What would you want to see happen?

The same thing that happened to Al Sharpton.

"In 1993, Sharpton pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for failing to file a state income tax return. Later, the authorities discovered that one of Mr. Sharpton's for-profit companies, Raw Talent, which he used as a repository for money from speaking engagements, was also not paying taxes, a failure that continued for years.

On May 9, 2008, the Associated Press reported that Sharpton and his businesses owed almost $1.5 million in unpaid taxes and penalties. Sharpton owed $931,000 in federal income tax and $366,000 to New York, and his for-profit company, Rev. Al Communications, owed another $176,000 to the state.

On June 19, 2008, the New York Post reported that the Internal Revenue Service had sent subpoenas to several corporations that had donated to Sharpton's National Action Network. In 2007 New York State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo began investigating the National Action Network, because it failed to make proper financial reports, as required for non-profits.[119] According to the Post, several major corporations, including Anheuser-Busch and Colgate-Palmolive, have donated thousands of dollars to the National Action Network. The Post asserted that the donations were made to prevent boycotts or rallies by the National Action Network.

Sharpton countered the investigative actions with a charge that they reflected a political agenda by United States agencies.

On September 29, 2010, Robert Snell of The Detroit News reported that the Internal Revenue Service had filed a notice of federal tax lien against Sharpton in New York City in the amount of over $538,000. Sharpton's lawyer asserts that the notice of federal tax lien relates to Sharpton's year 2009 federal income tax return, the due date of which has been extended to October 15, 2010, according to the lawyer. However, the Snell report states that the lien relates to taxes assessed during 2009.

According to The New York Times, Sharpton and his for-profit businesses owed $4.5 million in state and federal taxes as of November 2014."

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Back to lower courts to fight.

Where he will be compelled to comply with the Grand Jury.

And I'm anti-everyone if you haven't figured it out yet. You're just butthurt that this is your boy who you're far too emotionally invested in. 'Hur-dur, dis guy gonna make a difference, hur-dur. He no deep state.'

link   
lol
This will all go back to the facts that the irs nor the fec sought anything from trump.
It will only expose the bamn resist of certain sdny people.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
"Criminal Proceeding" Pray tell me what crime did President Trump commit that he has to show his tax returns?

You need to ask the Grand Jury that. I don't get to sit in on their proceedings.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Less CNN, more common sense. It's clear you aren't watching Fox News, as they've never said anything like that.

link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
So what if the grand jury asked for them. Trump's tax returns aren't pertinent to the investigation and Trump's attorneys should be able to shut that down in a heartbeat.

Not really, the Court says otherwise.

link   
Lol
Hur dur

Well posted
The orange guy has you
And it is hilarious

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
The same thing that happened to Al Sharpton.

Sharpton is a criminal POS and comparing his actions to Trump's actions aren't the best thing in my opinion. Sharpton should have went to prison and if Trump did the same thing I'd have the same opinion.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
The orange guy has you

They all have all of us and that's the sad f****** reality. This guy is just as much a POS as anyone else and he doesn't get to be above the law. If you support the Constitution then you agree. If you're a partisan asswipe you disagree.

All criminality should be punished, especially when it's our elected officials.

link   

Who know except the deep state. Can Trump sign a EO banning inside trading committed congress?Hit them where it hurts in their pocket books.

link   

Cool.

Let's see the last 10 years of tax returns for all members of the House of Representatives and the Senate, as well.

They would be much more interesting than President Trump's.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: HalWesten
Your facetiousness aside, I have to tell you that I am very disappointed in those three. I didn't think they would side with the liberal judges as often as they do. They are not proving to be as unbiased as I'd hoped.

I think this is a case of them being totally unbiased. Trump supporters will obviously feel otherwise.

Answer my question that I asked the other poster about criminality.

That's not true. I'm a Trump supporter and if he has nothing to hide then he shouldn't care. However, I think it's fair to pull the returns of all Congress members, and I think it's fair to pull returns that reflect their time in office. For example, since 2017 for Donald Trump, since 1987 for Nancy Pelosi, since 1991 for Maxine Waters, since 2003 for Ted Cruz, etc...

Fair deal?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Not really, the Court says otherwise.

You didn't read your own source very well. It only says that Trump will be forced to fight to keep his financial information from disclosure. It doesn't say ANYTHING about him automatically having to turn it over to a grand jury just because they asked for it. The grand jury isn't made up of law professionals who know what can and can not be submitted as evidence in this situation. Let the attorneys fight that one out.

Since your article says that this revolves around a case in NY where they are investigating the hush money paid out to two different women, Trump's tax returns aren't relevant to the case. The only ones who can get Trump's tax returns are Congress, but even they have to prove that they want them in order to enact legislation.

edit on 9-7-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
Who know except the deep state.

Or nothing is over their heads.

Can Trump sign a EO banning inside trading committed congress?Hit them where it hurts in their pocket books.

Not sure but I wouldn't have an issue with it. It's illegal.

link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

Cool.

Let's see the last 10 years of tax returns for all members of the House of Representatives and the Senate, as well.

that's what I'm saying!

Remember when the left said you can't investigate Biden because he's running for president?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Trump's personal lawyers filed suits in New York and in Washington seeking to block the subpoenas. They argued that demands for records were extreme and unjustified, and that the president had an "absolute immunity" from investigators who sought personal and confidential information.

They lost in lower courts. Federal judges and the U.S. appeals courts in Washington and New York ruled the president, like other citizens, had no right to defy subpoenas for records issued by Congress or a grand jury .

In December, the Supreme Court agreed to hear Trump's appeals and put the lower rulings on hold. The lead case involving the House committees was Trump vs Mazars USA, while the New York grand jury case was Trump vs. Vance.

He'll have to turn them over.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Cool.

Okay. File a suit, get a Grand Jury going.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

See reply above to other poster.

edit on 9-7-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Interesting.

So now we can see what Ukraine paid Biden?

We can see Pelosi's records?

Maxine Waters?

The law of unintended consequences.

It's just like Coles Law.

Well stated, brother, well said! X2 (just saw the 2nd reply, very well said!)
edit on 7/9/2020 by NightFlight because: mo info...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join