It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep State Supreme Court Rules Trump Tax Records Can Be Turned Over To Manhattan District Attorney

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: HalWesten
Dems will stop at nothing to remove Trump. Nothing. Every attempt they've made so far has been a bust, I hope this one flies back in their faces too.

adoption agency
Yeah! Especially those Democrats Roberts, Kavanagh and Gorsuch! Those three Democrats are so Liberal it makes my head spin. Someone should un-appoint them since they aren't the best people, the very best people. [/qu he does not want toote]

They've got dirt on Roberts,he dosn't want to lose his two adopted boys. He went through a south American catholic agency, why do you think he rewrote Obama care to turn it into a tax.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Your facetiousness aside, I have to tell you that I am very disappointed in those three. I didn't think they would side with the liberal judges as often as they do. They are not proving to be as unbiased as I'd hoped.

I think this is a case of them being totally unbiased. Trump supporters will obviously feel otherwise.

Answer my question that I asked the other poster about criminality.

You're pretty demanding, you know that? If they were to find criminality it should be investigated. What also should be investigated is the slush fund congress has for paying off people for real crimes that have been committed by senators and representatives. If it's good enough for Trump, it's good enough for everyone else. Right?

link   

The People need to rise up or something. This is outrageous.

Rise up and fight...against transparency of government officials???

Weird rally call bro.

link   

In a Deep State-supporting 7-2 ruling, with Deep State Trump-appointed Justices Kavanagh and Gorsuch concurring, the Supreme Court has ruled that President Trump can be compelled to turn over his income tax records to the Manhattan District Attorney.

In their anti-Constitutional statement the Justices said:

"Two hundred years ago, a great jurist of our Court established that no citizen, not even the President, is categorically above the common duty to produce evidence when called upon in a criminal proceeding," the chief justice wrote. "We reaffirm that principle today and hold that the President is neither absolutely immune from state criminal subpoenas seeking his private papers nor entitled to a heightened standard of need."Source

Or, no one is above the law. Your choice.

"Criminal Proceeding" Pray tell me what crime did President Trump commit that he has to show his tax returns? The I.R.S. has never stated nor implied that President Trump has committed a tax crime. With that stated, how are regular citizens going to produce legal evidence for a subpoena to obtain any of President Trump's or any president's personal records?
Sure, one could lie about needing his tax records, but God help that person(s) when found out in a court of Federal law.
In My Opinion, this exonerates President Trump until such time a bona fide piece of evidence is introduced to a federal judge for discovery and an indictment. I believe that will never happen...

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
I don't understand why his tax returns are still such a big deal. Is it a law to show these, or simply a recent trend?

This suit wasn't about Presidential elections, it was about possible criminality reported to the Manhattan DA.

When?

And to not be a hypocrite, I'll say to Trump, the same words I said about Obama and Stop & Frisk... If you have nothing to hide then you shouldn't be worried. However, if it's fair to pull Trump';s tax returns then it should be fair to pull all of Congress's tax returns. Let's look at every member and see just what we can find. There's no better way to drain the real swamp in my opinion. Republicans have proven to me, over the past 4 years, that I can trust them just as much as I can trust the democrats. Most republicans are just as corrupt today as democrats were in the 2000's. And democrats today, well, I don't even have a word for what they've become. But both sides are working against us, Greg Abbott for example.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
They've got dirt on Roberts,he dosn't want to lose his two adopted boys. He went through a south American catholic agency, why do you think he rewrote Obama care to turn it into a tax.

Oh? Is that what did it? Let's basic math this.

7-2 ruling, minus the comprised Roberts, that makes it, let me see, this is really hard to figure out....hmmm....I'm gonna go with 6-3.

What 'dirt' do they have on the traitors Kavanagh and Gorsuch?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
When?

Not super familiar with the suit but it appears the allegations are prior to his running for President.

link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
That is not exactly what they ruled.

I quoted what they said. He must turn his tax returns over to the Grand Jury.

That's not what they said. From your source: "Supreme Court says Congress can't get Trump financial records for now, but says he is not immune from grand jury demand"

It says the grand jury can ASK for them. It also says "the president can challenge that in court and the justices said he can fight House Democrats’ attempt to obtain financial records from the Trump Organization’s accounting firm and two banks."

So this was not a demand for him to turn them over without going through the courts.

link   

Your facetiousness aside, I have to tell you that I am very disappointed in those three. I didn't think they would side with the liberal judges as often as they do. They are not proving to be as unbiased as I'd hoped.

I think this is a case of them being totally unbiased. Trump supporters will obviously feel otherwise.

You're pretty demanding, you know that? If they were to find criminality it should be investigated. What also should be investigated is the slush fund congress has for paying off people for real crimes that have been committed by senators and representatives. If it's good enough for Trump, it's good enough for everyone else. Right?

If you're investigating a robbery, and someone comes up to your investigating and say "but what you really need to investigate instead of this is the car theft the next town over".
no...your job is that robbery...they don't get to dictate that they stop their investigation with a different one they like more.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Interesting.

So now we can see what Ukraine paid Biden?

We can see Pelosi's records?

Maxine Waters?

The law of unintended consequences.

It's just like Coles Law.

link   

In a Deep State-supporting 7-2 ruling, with Deep State Trump-appointed Justices Kavanagh and Gorsuch concurring, the Supreme Court has ruled that President Trump can be compelled to turn over his income tax records to the Manhattan District Attorney.

The only thing the SCOTUS did here was kick it back to the lower courts. I can't imagine the lower courts being able to get Trump's tax returns in NY when their investigation and argument has to do with the supposed hush money paid to two different women. They might be able to get Trump organization financial records to see what money went to whom, but there won't be anything detailed on any tax return regarding that issue.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Keep in mind this is the same guy calling people "boot lickers" for the unconstitutional lockdown. Yet is okay with this. hue hue

link   
Back to lower courts to fight.
Not really what was represented.
Nice try anti trumper.

link   

You're pretty demanding, you know that?

You don't get to be an evil 1%er by sitting on your ass.

If they were to find criminality it should be investigated.

Good, then you agree with the Court.

What also should be investigated is the slush fund congress has for paying off people for real crimes that have been committed by senators and representatives. If it's good enough for Trump, it's good enough for everyone else. Right?

Yeah, I like when all politicians get roasted. It gives me the most delicious schadenfreude possible.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

It says the grand jury can ASK for them.

It has.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

If you're investigating a robbery, and someone comes up to your investigating and say "but what you really need to investigate instead of this is the car theft the next town over".
no...your job is that robbery...they don't get to dictate that they stop their investigation with a different one they like more.

You're misconstruing what I said. I didn't say they should drop their issue with Trump, I said the congressional slush fund should ALSO be investigated.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So now we can see what Ukraine paid Biden?

We can see Pelosi's records?

Maxine Waters?

The law of unintended consequences.

It's just like Coles Law.

I love coleslaw and I want everyone in prison. I'm the real 'lock them up' guy. Not this phoney jabroni Orange jackass.

link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

In their anti-Constitutional statement the Justices said:

"Two hundred years ago, a great jurist of our Court established that no citizen, not even the President, is categorically above the common duty to produce evidence when called upon in a criminal proceeding," the chief justice wrote. "We reaffirm that principle today and hold that the President is neither absolutely immune from state criminal subpoenas seeking his private papers nor entitled to a heightened standard of need."Source

Or, no one is above the law. Your choice.

"Criminal Proceeding" Pray tell me what crime did President Trump commit that he has to show his tax returns? The I.R.S. has never stated nor implied that President Trump has committed a tax crime. With that stated, how are regular citizens going to produce legal evidence for a subpoena to obtain any of President Trump's or any president's personal records?
Sure, one could lie about needing his tax records, but God help that person(s) when found out in a court of Federal law.
In My Opinion, this exonerates President Trump until such time a bona fide piece of evidence is introduced to a federal judge for discovery and an indictment. I believe that will never happen...

Well posted.
Not that the op will admit such.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
The only thing the SCOTUS did here was kick it back to the lower courts. I can't imagine the lower courts being able to get Trump's tax returns in NY when their investigation and argument has to do with the supposed hush money paid to two different women. They might be able to get Trump organization financial records to see what money went to whom, but there won't be anything detailed on any tax return regarding that issue.

The Grand Jury asked for them so I guess it's on like Donkey Kong now.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Keep in mind this is the same guy calling people "boot lickers" for the unconstitutional lockdown. Yet is okay with this. hue hue

Why would I think the Supreme Court, in a clear majority opinion, saying that no one is above the law is bootlickery? Are you mental?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join