It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep State Supreme Court Rules Trump Tax Records Can Be Turned Over To Manhattan District Attorney

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Staffordshire1

You do realise that Killary started the Birther thing not Trump?

That's been thoroughly debunked on a number of occasions. It also doesn't change what rightwingers were saying back then either.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Lol, it makes little difference as nothing will come of it till after the November Elections

I don't understand what the point of this argument is? You understand that whether or not he wins a second term, his tax history will be exposed regardless? This case was not about the presidential election, you understand that right?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

This case has everything to do with the elections. A sitting President cannot be indicted until and unless he is impeached first. Trump could have made up every single number on those tax returns and then written a signed note admitting to it; no indictment can be executed unless and until he is impeached.

The only thing that can happen to Donald Trump due to his taxes is that the people might turn against him and decide a feeble old man with dementia is a better choice for President, or he could be impeached which requires 20 Republican Senators to vote in favor. Nothing else can happen according to the US Constitution. You seriously need to read that thing sometime.

Sorry, but you don't get to overturn a free and fair election in this country!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Try as they may and they will.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Who even cares? What do people think is in there? Deductions for murders and rapes committed by Trump? Or just a businessman with smart financial people who utilized legal loopholes to pay less or even no taxes? I really don't care. All wealthy people do that. With everything that's going on these days, this is what people are concerned with?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

SCOTUS has made some interesting decisions lately.

Seems like the tax returns are a bit of a distraction.
edit on 9-7-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright
Who even cares? What do people think is in there? Deductions for murders and rapes committed by Trump? Or just a businessman with smart financial people who utilized legal loopholes to pay less or even no taxes? I really don't care. All wealthy people do that. With everything that's going on these days, this is what people are concerned with?

They are trying to claim Trump used campaign money to pay off those two prostitutes,which was debunked one time before by the feds,but the SDNY is persisting in this farce.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

This case has everything to do with the elections. A sitting President cannot be indicted until and unless he is impeached first.

I'm not familiar with the latter sentence in the above. What I will is that the actual case brought for by New York has little to nothing to do with the coming presidential elections. It's a focus on criminality, unrelated. Sure, Trump's team may be arguing with regard to the coming elections, but that's not the stated goal of the prosecution.

The only thing that can happen to Donald Trump due to his taxes is that the people might turn against him

If there's a clear conflict of interest, especially if linked clearly to, say, foreign agents for example, you'd have to be hard pressed to argue that nothing can happen. These attorneys aren't idiots. The courts didn't rule in their favor based on luck.

Sorry, nobody is above the law. Not even the president. That ruling was made clear.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
F

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Lol, it makes little difference as nothing will come of it till after the November Elections

I don't understand what the point of this argument is? You understand that whether or not he wins a second term, his tax history will be exposed regardless? This case was not about the presidential election, you understand that right?

I don't think you understand, this is completely politically motivated, which is why I rebuttaled with that.

You're not exactly looking for justice SouthernGaurdian, lets be real, you're a hyper partisan and if it damages Trump, possibly, you'll roll with it.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You don't understand, you could have left it there.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Excuse me.
Will there be a new session of congress?
Asking for a friend.
Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Sorry, nobody is above the law. Not even the president. That ruling was made clear.
Nobody except maybe......Clinton, Biden, Comey, Schiff, Pelosi, gawd this could be a long list.

Where’s your “nobody’s above the law” outrage with these people? Crickets.........

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I don't think you understand, this is completely politically motivated,

Whether or not deep down it's politically motivated is irrelevant. A crime is a crime. Guilt is guilt. What political agendas, or whatever else, may lie ahead won't change those facts in the end.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

This case has everything to do with the elections. A sitting President cannot be indicted until and unless he is impeached first. Trump could have made up every single number on those tax returns and then written a signed note admitting to it; no indictment can be executed unless and until he is impeached.

The only thing that can happen to Donald Trump due to his taxes is that the people might turn against him and decide a feeble old man with dementia is a better choice for President, or he could be impeached which requires 20 Republican Senators to vote in favor. Nothing else can happen according to the US Constitution. You seriously need to read that thing sometime.

TheRedneck

If he has broken the law, he can be impeached again.

They could probably also throw in an article related to 'accepting a bribe', just for the LULZ.

Trump Orders Help For Chinese Phone-Maker After China Approves Money For Trump Project - HuffPost

edit on 9/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Oh I'm loving this.

Trump rages at Supreme Court over tax records case, claims ‘political prosecution’

He is tripping out like anything right now. And I mean, two of his own appointed judges even turned against him. Jesus, this is not a good year for him.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Nobody except maybe......Clinton, Biden, Comey, Schiff, Pelosi, gawd this could be a long list.

Where’s your “nobody’s above the law” outrage with these people? Crickets.........

Leftists are only for the rule of law if a republican is being investigated.

If a fellow leftist runs afoul of the law, they are forgiven and the accusers probably killed.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I'm not familiar with the latter sentence in the above.

Then you've been hiding under a rock for the last three years.

If there's a clear conflict of interest, especially if linked clearly to, say, foreign agents for example, you'd have to be hard pressed to argue that nothing can happen. These attorneys aren't idiots. The courts didn't rule in their favor based on luck.

Nothing can happen, as long as Trump is a sitting President. Like it or not. That's in the document you either refuse to read, or which you choose to ignore. Either way, your wants and desperate desires do not change what is and is not law.

They also do not change the ruling. The Supreme Court did not rule "against Trump." That's some idiot fake news anchor talking, and what they say doesn't mean squat. The Supreme Court ruled (properly, IMO) that the President's right to privacy is not absolute; that is all. That means that the lower court will now hear arguments as to why the returns should not be turned over to the SDNY; "because Trump is President" is not, by itself, a sufficient defense.

In the second case, the Supreme Court ruled that Congress does not get the tax returns unless and until they can provide a compelling case for them (which they cannot). That all means that Donald Trump still is under no obligation to release his tax returns at this time, and more than likely not before November.

Does that include Democrats? What happened to Joe Biden? I remember something about it being improper to even investigate suspected impropriety by him because he might become a candidate for the Presidency! How is a potential candidate for the office above the law but the sitting official is not?

So I take it Kanye West is above the law, but if he were to somehow win the election, he would be subject to all prosecution from any agency? If Biden wins, will he suddenly be required to answer for Ukraine? What kind of backward world are you living in?

The Office of the Presidency is indeed above the law! As holder of that office, Donald Trump enjoys temporary limited immunity from prosecution. That's how it is. Don't like it? Call a Constitutional Convention and change it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I don't think you understand, this is completely politically motivated,

Whether or not deep down it's politically motivated is irrelevant. A crime is a crime. Guilt is guilt. What political agendas, or whatever else, may lie ahead won't change those facts in the end.

Cool story bro, so can you link or cite the Crime Trump committed and was prosecuted for?

The fact that you don't care whether or not its politically motivated shows your agenda and willfull ignorance.

How do you cope with the fact that none of your threads and predications came to fruition, inregards to Trump?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

If he has broken the law, he can be impeached again.

Why wait? He didn't break any laws the first time he was impeached.

According to the Constitution, impeachment cannot extend beyond removal from office. Trump cannot be imprisoned or fined by impeachment. Once he is removed, as a private citizen, he has the right to defend himself against any allegations in court... but at that time he wouldn't be President.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Nothing can happen,

Just keep on repeating that to yourself Redneck. Whatever helps you settle at night.

Does that include Democrats? What happened to Joe Biden?

Nobody is above the law. I think I made that clear. With regards to Democrats, there's a tonne of threads out there about them on this forum, many of which I'm sure you've participated in with no objection.

If Biden wins, will he suddenly be required to answer for Ukraine?

Answers what for Ukraine? Has been legally compelled to do so to date? if the answer is no, then I'll be moving on from here.

The Office of the Presidency is indeed above the law!

So you believe the president can break laws. There's nothing more to debate on if this is your stance.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join