It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep State Supreme Court Rules Trump Tax Records Can Be Turned Over To Manhattan District Attorney

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Since Trump has openly suggested that his tax minimization is just "good business", it probably wouldn't be error, would it?

Tax minimization is legal and actually expected. Please tell me who you personally know that fills out taxes, then just adds some in to be nice?

I promise you, anyone who does that is not a successful businessman. They are likely a lobbyist expecting something in return, which would be criminal.

How about we talk about actual crimes rather than some wishful dream of how things "ought to be"? The simple truth is that every single tax minimization procedure trump has used for the last few decades was passed into law by the exact same people who now want to condemn him for using their bad policies.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

With SCOTUS you win some and you lose some. It always pisses somebody off, and never the same people. It's that sense of balance that makes it feel legitimate longterm even if you feel personally they've made a partisan decision in the moment

From my mostly bleeding heart, I have to confess I didnt feel joy. I felt a weird kind of confliction when I heard this this morning

I'm afraid to trust it if you know what I mean. Just a sign of the times I guess. We're all feeling a little paranoid and off balance. I really wasn't expecting this so i didnt know what to do with it

Even if nothing comes from it and it doesn't provide the Dems with what they ultimately want, at least up to this point the battle is legit

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This seems like a good thread to remind us that our POTUS continues to donate 100% of his presidential salary back into the people's treasury coffers.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Trump need to sue for all tax records of every congress and senate member along with their family members.

It would be nice to see this happen but the door doesnt swing both ways. I would argue this is a completely idiotic ruling. The premise for handing over the records is a criminal investigation to determine if Trump paid off women to keep their mouths shut. I see no reason that the investigators could not request the bank records of these supposed victims to pursue theif case. All things considered, this ruling comes too late to affect Trumps re-election. Yes, he will be re-elected. Screencap me.
edit on 9-7-2020 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Since Trump has openly suggested that his tax minimization is just "good business", it probably wouldn't be error, would it?

Tax minimization is legal and actually expected. Please tell me who you personally know that fills out taxes, then just adds some in to be nice?

I promise you, anyone who does that is not a successful businessman. They are likely a lobbyist expecting something in return, which would be criminal.

How about we talk about actual crimes rather than some wishful dream of how things "ought to be"? The simple truth is that every single tax minimization procedure trump has used for the last few decades was passed into law by the exact same people who now want to condemn him for using their bad policies.

TheRedneck

You don't know that.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

tax minimization is just "good business"

Have you ever been in business...here in America?

Tax minimization IS damn good business. You earn as much as you can, retain as much as you can, and pay as few taxes as you can. Do it all within the legal boundaries, and it's all good.

The issue is, has he stayed within the legal boundaries?

And, if he has, why not just clear his name and release the tax records?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Because no one becomes a hobknobbing billionaire on the up and up. No one. They soak up the sweat off everyone elses backs.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Tax minimization IS damn good business. You earn as much as you can, retain as much as you can, and pay as few taxes as you can. Do it all within the legal boundaries, and it's all good.

Paying 2 or 3 times what you should makes you a better American.....

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

That's a disgrace , do they not know he's the "Chosen one" which makes he tax returns sacred documents ... desecration !

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

And, if he has, why not just clear his name and release the tax records?

Well first there is no need to clear his name unless there is some evidence suggesting that he cheated on his taxes... Second, he is holding them back because Pelosi and crew ordered him to release them, see how that goes?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Democrats are very frustrated because the tax returns and other financial documents will not be turned over to the southern district of New York until after the election.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

They are not proving to be as unbiased as I'd hoped.

Maybe, consider the thought that they "are" being unbiased.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Than I gave you my political opinion; I realize you don't like the opinion I gave you; but it's unfortunate that you choose to attack people when you are confronted with political opinions you don't like.

If your 'political opinion' is to only prosecute politicians for crimes that your personally feel are 'egregious' then, yeah, I don't like your political opinion at all.

And if you feel attacked for it, too bad, nut up.

You seem to have a cognitive problem with the idea that I don't prosecute people; as I am not a prosecuter. But I assure you my political opinions do not impead the prosecution of individuals ... because once again I am not a prosecuter.

But because you seem to be having trouble understanding how political opinions work perhaps I should reiterate mine using more descriptive words to help you along.

You asked:

Let's say, for argument's sake, that the tax records show criminality. What would you want to see happen?

What should happen to an accused individual when found guilty of a crime is that they are punished for said crime in a proportional manner. The punishment must fit the crime or else the prosecution of the guilty party is a greater injustice than the crime itself. In such a case the guilty become a victim and that victimization over shadows what ever crime may have been committed. Proportional punishment should take into consideration the age of the crime and the average punishment handed down to others for similar crimes. Based on this opinion I would first like to see the accused receiver a fair and prepotional punishment for the crime we are assuming they have committed.

I would also expect that during the investigation of the crime and prosecution of the accused that the case be handled with the utmost professionalism and decorum. I'd expect this for any case no mater how insignificant the accused person is; but I would hold the investigation and prosecution of a political person to follow the most rigorous professionalism posible. The public reputation of a political person is a significant asset to them; its tarnishment can be argued to be a significant punishment. It would be an injustice to willfully or negligently cause this punishment before the accused is even found guilty (during the investigation and during the prosecution). And going back to the first point if such a punishment doesn't fit the crime committed it would also be an example of an injustice.

Based on these truths; if the investigation and prosecution of a president of the United States becomes a political circus; wherein the accused has their reputation tarnished before a vertic is reached and/or wherein the punishment given, after a gulty vertic is reached, does not comform to the typical punishment for the crime; than this would amount to a greater injustice than the crime itself. Under such circumstances I, as an outsude observer (not the prosecuter), will from the political opinion that the system has more to account for than the guilty president.

This opinion ofcourse would be highly dependent on the egregiousness of the crime committed. If the crime committed happens to be jaywalking my dismissal would be significantly more likely than if the crime committed was pedophilia.

I further state that in this particular instance that I have little faith in the political and judicial systems in New York (and the country) to abide by the truths I stated above when investigation and prosecuting Donald Trump. I fully expect unprofessionalusum in the investigative work that will be conducted and prosecutcutoral work if the case reaches that far. And at the moment I can't think of a tax crime egregious enough that would justify me believing the President to be more guilty than the system if such a political circus where to occur.

And let's be clear I didn't "feel" that you attacked and summarily dismissed my argument with little more than a righteous and superficial argument about my partisan bias the first time I posted it; that happened; if your not going to be honest with me; at least be honest with yourself.

edit on 9-7-2020 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I further state that in this particular instance that I have little faith in the political and judicial systems in New York (and the country) to abide by the truths I stated above when investigation and prosecuting Donald Trump. I fully expect unprofessionalusum in the investigative work that will be conducted and prosecutcutoral work if the case reaches that far. And at the moment I can't think of a tax crime egregious enough that would justify me believing the President to be more guilty than the system if such a political circus where to occur.

Since this only came about after other methods to criminalize Trump failed I will need to agree with you here 100%. Since 2016 everything the left has done has always been about 2020 nothing more and nothing less.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Democrats are very frustrated because the tax returns and other financial documents will not be turned over to the southern district of New York until after the election.

What is the date they need to be turned over?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Same here.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yup, the goal was to get them out and in the open before Election, assuming there is something there. Hail mary attempt by the Dems.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Scoundrels.

They basically re-wrote the entire Constitution to say Trump—and only Trump—doesn't have "absolute immunity" as president and that he "can't do whatever [he] wants."

How is that not treasonous?!?!

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This is all about the hypocrite cult members of the Trump cult who would be crying like babies if Obama or Hillary did what the crooked fool Trump has done.

Riiiight... So remind me what Trump has done.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You seem to have a cognitive problem with the idea that I don't prosecute people; as I am not a prosecuter.

You seem to have a pendantist problem as it's metaphorical. But you knew that which bears our your pedantry.
I'm not going to even bother reading/quoting the rest of your post, I find pedantic people boring.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join