It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep State Supreme Court Rules Trump Tax Records Can Be Turned Over To Manhattan District Attorney

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
tax crime was committed

Kind of a big leap to get there, even if with a fine tooth comb they find irregularities it doesn't mean crime and at worst could be a fine if the irregularities are on the egregious side.

I'm going with two directions with the motive here, one is to try and circle this back to Stormy Daniels as when they tried to say he broke election laws by doing so died on the vine, so maybe they want to suggest some tax law was broken here. The other motive is just to paint Trump as a low tax payer...Those evil rich do not pay their due diligence in taxes....

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yep. It was revealed in 2016 that DJT had been audited every single year for more than a decade. So, you KNOW during Obama's adminstration, they probably doubled down on trying to find something...anything...they could use against him. Obama wasn't bashful about using the power of the IRS to hurt people (Tea Party groups...remember?)

Also, you don't get to even dip your toe in the waters of a run for president without a full tax evaluation. Trump provided 100+ pages of financials in addition.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Kind of a big leap to get there...

I was speaking hypothetically since we don't know 100% what the Grand Jury is hearing.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: DanDanDat

Having recently state for a month on a new york grand jury; I can say that your minds eye is way more imaginative than reality. The New York grand jury system is a joke and simply a rubber stamp; the prosecutor doesn't have to be as descriptive as you imagine and still gets what they want.

There was some hyperbole thrown into my statement for emphasis; ALL Grand Juries are a "rubber stamp" in 95% of the cases. That's why the old saying "one can indict a ham sandwich" is true.

But your statement emphasizes my point: if the Grand Jury is a rubber stamp for whatever the prosecution wants, then why does the Grand Jury need tax documents in this case? They would be inadmissible in court without a court subpoena, and any evidence found in them would not be admissible when asking for a court subpoena. Outside the Grand Jury room, they are useless... They could come from the IRS with a big neon red stamp reading "GUILTY!!!!!" across them and it wouldn't help the case.

There is a reason why the Grand Jury wants to see them, and the only reason I can fathom is that the case is so weak the Grand Jury won't rubber stamp it this time. Otherwise, they would vote, indict, next, go home.

TheRedneck

The grand jury could want to see them; because they where told that they should want to see them. It was my experience on the grand jury that the prosecutors lead the proses rather than be subjected to it.

You mentioned that the jury isn't smart enough to understand the evidence they are presented with to make meaningful conclusions. I would say it is even worse than that; the jury aren't smart enough to even understand the grand jury process and what its intent is to even function as a grand jury before you even get to the individual case work. In some instances I felt the jury is purposely kept in the dark.
edit on 9-7-2020 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

They suck in general, the miss nearly 20% of all monies owed the Federal Government due to tax evasion.

To put this into perspective it potentially could be around 60% of the budget deficit.

Not when it comes to the top 1% who may do international business. They will put an army on them where you and me would go unnoticed for a long time. There is a reason people in Trump's position automatically get audited and why Trump most likely has an army of tax people to make sure everything is right while saving as much as possible as per the code. Trump doesn't do his taxes and most likely hardly looks at it.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

a reply to: DanDanDat

When you're willing to prosecute political criminals regardless of your perceived severity of their crimes I'll have that conversation.

I don't prosecute anyone; I'm not a prosecuter ... and I hate to break to you but you won't be prosecuting anyone in this case eather.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is all about the hypocrite cult members of the Trump cult who would be crying like babies if Obama or Hillary did what the crooked fool Trump has done.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I was speaking hypothetically since we don't know 100% what the Grand Jury is hearing.

I understand, I'm just saying it is almost unfathomable he broke any tax laws...He pays people big money to get his taxes right while saving as much as possible as per the code. He is not directing anything dealing with his taxes and all those accountants would not put their signatures to it if he did try and do some kind of tax crime.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This is all about the hypocrite cult members of the Trump cult who would be crying like babies if Obama or Hillary did what the crooked fool Trump has done.

Can you elaborate on what Trump has done?

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Oh, I am pretty sure I ain't gonna get what I want...
Which is to see a state indict a sitting president.
The idea that the federal justice dept cant indict a sitting president has a very questionable legal standing.
The idea that a state cant indict for activity that breaks state laws seems to be on even weaker grounds.
Let's say a president was found to have committed income tax fraud and owes the state a crapload of money along with the federal. Well, if the federal doesnt want to pursue it, that is their choice I guess, but I fail to see why a policy invented by the federal gov that really has no law or constitutional backing should be able to prevent the state from recouping the money owed it.

link   

Not when it comes to the top 1% who may do international business.

If you read the IRS findings it runs the gamut from all types of businesses and earners, whether intentional or inadvertent.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I don't prosecute anyone; I'm not a prosecuter ... and I hate to break to you but you won't be prosecuting anyone in this case eather.

You know what I mean, stop being pedantic.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I understand, I'm just saying it is almost unfathomable he broke any tax laws...

Then he has nothing to worry about with this ruling.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Can you elaborate on what Trump has done?

Sure, you got all day.

I don’t

But, If one doesn’t see it they can’t see.

link   

You can not use the word "crooked" as Trump has already TM it for Hillary, so you need to cease and desist....

edit on 9-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Lol... but everyone neglected to check Obama's birth certificate??

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

As I said I think we will see Trump's gotcha smile in the end. Will you like to bet me a beer that they will magically appear on MSNBC who will spin them no matter how perfect they may be?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

You know what I mean, stop being pedantic.

If what if what you meant when you said "willing to prosecute political criminals" is in fact "willing to have a non binding political opinion regarding the criminally accused" ...

Than I gave you my political opinion; I realize you don't like the opinion I gave you; but it's unfortunate that you choose to attack people when you are confronted with political opinions you don't like.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Oh, I am pretty sure I ain't gonna get what I want...
Which is to see a state indict a sitting president.

Maybe if Biden wins you will get your wish...

prevent the state from recouping the money owed it.

Well that is the way it typically goes...pay what is owed with fines on top... Now that doesn't mean Trump can't keep it in the courts until he passes away...

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I understand, I'm just saying it is almost unfathomable he broke any tax laws...

Except for the fact that he isn't a billionaire (or even a millionaire) but was in fact upside down in debt to maybe some shady people, and everyone will know it was all a big scam. His ego will implode.

He's sort of having a meltdown on Twitter today already and probably trying to figure out how to fire Supreme Court justices.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join