It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep State Supreme Court Rules Trump Tax Records Can Be Turned Over To Manhattan District Attorney

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Riiiiight, I doubt you believe that any more than I do.

I'm certain that's where it started, it's just metastasized into something else at this point that the Grand Jury needs to sort out.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
Honesty is a good thing. True honesty is I think a pathway to self discovery, it insists on holding ourselves accountable to the standards we set for others.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Am I hearing this tight they can only investigate a tax related question that he paid what was owed and not that he paid an expense to someone that could embarrass him.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Good ruling, i don't disagree with their ruling.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I love coleslaw

Me Too.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

None as far as I know but everyone has to abide by Grand Jury requests and he should too. If it was found he broke the law he should be prosecuted. Right?

A grand jury shall be summoned by the court, where the public interest so demands, whenever in its opinion there is sufficient evidence of criminal activity or corruption within the county.

So once again what did Trump do? You can't just whimsically create Grand Jury requests without some reason, and even worst when the reason is political in nature. So here we are as it went to the courts and now we can move forward, right?

BTW Trump is audited every year, so what do you think they are looking to find? Do you even think this Grand Jury request is justifiable in anyway?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Didnt one of the big mafia bosses fall because of tax fraud?

That was pretty much the opposite of what we have here. In the case(s) you mention (there were many if memory serves), it wasn't possible to prove a criminal allegation against known mafia figures, so they were instead prosecuted solely on the basis of tax fraud. (Again, if memory serves) the laws against tax fraud were actually enhanced prior to the prosecution to make the penalties greater.

In this case, it appears someone is trying to prove criminal allegations using legally acceptable tax documents, not trying to prove tax evasion because there is no proof of criminal activities. Had someone wanted and been able to prove tax evasion, Trump would have been in jail before the votes were cast... remember that the investigations into him started long before the election.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So once again what did Trump do?

I don't know. Prosecutors typically don't divulge details while the Grand Jury is empaneled.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Having recently state for a month on a new york grand jury; I can say that your minds eye is way more imaginative than reality. The New York grand jury system is a joke and simply a rubber stamp; the prosecutor doesn't have to be as descriptive as you imagine and still gets what they want.

There was some hyperbole thrown into my statement for emphasis; ALL Grand Juries are a "rubber stamp" in 95% of the cases. That's why the old saying "one can indict a ham sandwich" is true.

But your statement emphasizes my point: if the Grand Jury is a rubber stamp for whatever the prosecution wants, then why does the Grand Jury need tax documents in this case? They would be inadmissible in court without a court subpoena, and any evidence found in them would not be admissible when asking for a court subpoena. Outside the Grand Jury room, they are useless... They could come from the IRS with a big neon red stamp reading "GUILTY!!!!!" across them and it wouldn't help the case.

There is a reason why the Grand Jury wants to see them, and the only reason I can fathom is that the case is so weak the Grand Jury won't rubber stamp it this time. Otherwise, they would vote, indict, next, go home.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I don't know. Prosecutors typically don't divulge details while the Grand Jury is empaneled.

So zero political motives here?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Everything is political.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Somethings wrong, I literally just felt a shift 😐 inregards to Politics, just a moment of being lifted over a massive black hole on a rollercoaster plummeting into the abyss...

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
If it does degenerate into just another political circus; than I probably won't care that a tax crime was comited unless it is most egregious.

That's about as partisan as it gets.

Which party do you think I belong to and am supporting by this statement?

In reality my statement is honesty and has no resemblance of bias and/or support for a singlur political party; most especially the two major political parties in the USA (which are probably the only two things in this world that I can honesty say I despise).

Not a single political party was mentioned in my post so your accusation is completely baseless. I would question why it is that you inferred party support is such a knee-jerk fashion; and would propose that it might be you that is suffering from partisanship or some other bias that causes you to attack people who have a different opinion to your own.

No; I stand by my statement regardless of your attempt to shut down discussion through baseless accusation. If the persecution of Donald Trump along the lines of tax crime turns into another political circus a kin to what we have seen in the past; leaks, politizasion of investigation work, investigators not being able to state their claims let alone defend them, and ect ... than I would rather wash my hands of all of it than try to peace together a political opinion out of dog $hit.... I think in the exact same manner if and when its Joe Biden's turn in front of the circus.

edit on 9-7-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't care what party you're a part of, if you think 'I probably won't care that a tax crime was comited unless it is most egregious' you are part of the political problem.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Didnt one of the big mafia bosses fall because of tax fraud?

Al Capone didn't pay taxes on his criminal activities, which was everything he did, so are you hoping Trump has all these criminal activities he also didn't pay taxes on too? IRS must really suck with their yearly audits of him.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Mike Crapo (LOL), was charged with DUI while in office.

Fair enough; I stand corrected. That tells me Pelosi employs a full-time chauffeur anyway. I wasn't aware of that.

I'll admit I am a little fuzzy about which laws do and don't apply to sitting Congressmen. I chose a bad example.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
IRS must really suck with their yearly audits of him.

They suck in general, the miss nearly 20% of all monies owed the Federal Government due to tax evasion.

To put this into perspective it potentially could be around 60% of the budget deficit.

edit on 9-7-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I don't care what party you're a part of, if you think 'I probably won't care that a tax crime was comited unless it is most egregious' you are part of the political problem.

Spare me the Righteous indignation. When your ready to have a real conversation I'd be willing.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

When you're willing to prosecute political criminals regardless of your perceived severity of their crimes I'll have that conversation.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Fair enough; I stand corrected. That tells me Pelosi employs a full-time chauffeur anyway. I wasn't aware of that.

I'll admit I am a little fuzzy about which laws do and don't apply to sitting Congressmen. I chose a bad example.

It's cool.

From my ingrained cynicism to them being punished I'd have wagered you would have been correct. He was, for the record, the only Federal Representative I could find.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join