It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlled Lucid Dreaming/Astral technique

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So would you be willing to participate in our quest for some acknowledgment that there may be more to this state than meets the eye?

TA

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
a reply to: Yoamr

I lucid dream almost every night.

In my experience, if I spend a few minutes focusing on what the subject of the desired dream before bed and while falling asleep it helps "direct" my mind there.

While I can dump myself into a genre or scenario, I am not in control of everything. Only the decisions I choose to make, and the outcome is not always pleasant..

I have been stabbed and felt the warm sticky liquid soak my shirt as I bled out.

I have been shot and felt the hot burn of the bullet rip through my flesh.

But,

I have also met children I'll never have..

In my opinion the most useful skill is recognizing you are in the dream and the ability to self wake when you feel death is imminent.

Drink lots of water.

That's a huge part of it but not why most people would think..

You need to interrupt your natural cycle,
And waking up to pee facilitates that.

If you can enter rem, then wake up during it, and then go back to bed while focusing on your scenario you are half way there..

I experience most of my lucid dreams in the hour before waking for the final time.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TechnoAssassin1

Probably not.

I don't feel the need to validate my personal experiences.

No offense friend.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechnoAssassin1

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

originally posted by: TechnoAssassin1
Anyone spent time in the ‘void’???

White void or black void?

Dark void, is all I can relate it to.....it’s dark, but has depth and dimension yet being devoid of any...

TA

I'm in the dark void every night. It's my area of relaxation and where I think about things. It's kind of like an in between dreams place.

Once when I was younger I realized I could go to a white void that is bright white. Almost like a blinding light except that it doesn't really matter because you're not really using your eyes to see.
edit on 1272020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I have some great lucid dreams where I have almost perfected the art of flying.

Most times I can fly but in some cases I just don’t have the energy and slowly sink to the ground.

If I am in a town I can open up the doors to houses and walk around them, sometimes the people inside look at me.

Concur usually the last dream of my sleep and most likely to happen if my head is laid on my right ear, laying on the left ear is usually a very tame and boring dream

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think it's peculiar how many people state that they cannot punch or run in dreams. In my dreams I can punch, run, drive fast, and haven't really had an issue with anything.

What I find interesting about myself is that I went through a period where I couldn't wake up. Around that time I also found that I had difficulty pulling triggers. The triggers were extremely hard to pull. The thing is that I knew it was a mental thing. It was as if I was having a hard time getting my finger to pull it. Like my finger was resisting me. Even when I was able to pull the trigger it would be a dud. I would have to pull the trigger multiple times to get it to fire.

Sometimes I would get myself in a bad situation and I wouldn't be able to wake up. I have a peculiar way of leaving a dream. Basically it looks like I'm trying to get out of bed while standing up. More simplistic is it would basically be me tilting my head to the side or forward which would result in me actually tilting my head up or to the side and waking up.

You wanna talk about terrifying it's thinking you've done goofed in the real world, and that you've gone crazy thinking you were in a dream because all of a sudden you've temporarily lost the ability to control your dreams.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I do that in dreams. Not lucidly though, just along for the ride.

I use my hands as if were skydiving, using the wind instead. It's always very windy.

edit on 7/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Had an astral travel episode last night and it was almost impossible to get anyone to tell me the surname......finally managed to get someone to say something and all I got was ‘Tuck Mill’

Ring any bells with you Phage?

TA

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's a good one last night i had a hang glider, and managed to land on a nice paddock. I then took it to bits and wondered off with it under my arm. Checking that there was high ground so I could take off again, This is what these threads do.

posted on Jul, 17 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
I had a dream about the date the 5th May 2021
Brace yirselfs
Dun dun dun.

posted on Jul, 26 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
God of war on the PS5 release date....????

a reply to: OutTheBox

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Sleep deprivation for 3 days always works for me. Use with caution ...

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
After many years of trying I've had one instance of lucid dreaming.
In my dream I was on my front porch putting the door key in the lock when I became aware of two strangers standing about a foot behind me in a very menacing way. I turned to face them and suddenly became aware that I was dreaming and announced to the two strangers "This is a dream and you're not real". They both quickly hung their heads down as if they didn't want me to see their faces and it felt very ominous. And that was the end of my lucid dreaming.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345

I had a really lucid and frightening dream of being chased by mad max type characters in hazmat suites.

Dreams like this may soon come true 😛

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Triggers can help a lot to lucid dream...for example, a trigger could be flying....you can’t fly in real life so the trigger is flying....if you fly in a dream, that can trigger a lucid dream when you dream that you are flying.....

TA

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
After many years of trying I've had one instance of lucid dreaming.
In my dream I was on my front porch putting the door key in the lock when I became aware of two strangers standing about a foot behind me in a very menacing way. I turned to face them and suddenly became aware that I was dreaming and announced to the two strangers "This is a dream and you're not real". They both quickly hung their heads down as if they didn't want me to see their faces and it felt very ominous. And that was the end of my lucid dreaming.

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The hardest part is remembering that the laws of physics don’t apply and have no meaning when dreaming.
edit on 30-7-2020 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I learned lucid dreaming by setting an alarm clock to go off every 15 minutes, much like the techniques already described here. I stopped after a few weeks experimenting with it because it was no fun at all.
For some reason, every time I became lucid in my dream I found that I had no head on my body, it was just a neck and nothing on it.... headless dreams! lol
Also started to have a lot of scary false awakenings, longest was 4 times in a row where the same things kept on happening until I was lucid. Or false awakenings from which I only woke up for real a split second before my dream-death. Like I said, no fun

Never had a lucid dream after I decided to quit doing it
edit on 30-7-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yoamr
I was not taking any drugs....

...I remember waking up one day and seeing gold glowing numbers on the wall in my bedroom. The number 53 or 20 something, I got up and walked over to the wall looking at it in disbelief moving around to look at different angles for about 30 seconds, once I blinked my eyes it was gone.

You see interresting stuff. I see fkn Jurassic Park sized black insect when I wake up too fast.
Sometimes it was clearly induced by Cannabis, various crazy mixtures of dream herbs like common Vervain, alcohol,.. but it happened before when I was sober - like behind a wheel or on a night shift in the mlitary - lack of sleep, silence, sitting behind a desk with my head on a hand, microsleeping. Falling into a deep sleep was not an option so I was on the brink all the time, crossing the line ever so slightly from meditation into internally hearing random mind chatter, as far as I could go without losing conciousness. When someone made a noise I jumped up and the brain was still in theta waves, releasing '___' or whatever is going on. Then I could see things for couple of seconds or I just had subconscious dream stuff mixed with reality and I was unable to recall who and where I am, unable to speak for couple of seconds.
I perfected and lowered this treshold later while operating a truck during the night. Btw there's lot of dreaming drivers out there. 🙂 The trick is to focus and not follow any thoughts. Thoughts that are not here will take you away... I drove thousands of miles on this autopilot
Later I had open-eye visuals so real that I started to hunt the insect or I had hard time sleeping in my bed for weeks because I saw it crawl into the corner. Then I fixed my brain with CBD Cannabis and my bed with vacuum cleaner and insecticide. 🙂 Yeah, it was the time when I watched horror movies like Paranormal activity, similar vids and games. I abused brainwave entrainment too. Most of these programs were giving me bad dreams.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I am sort of getting around to the opinion, that the not remembering part, is psychological protection . Like you basically die when you loose consciousness and go to sleep, but if you remembered where you went you would have a problem in figuring what was going on in this life or the other, if it was all seamless. Constructing this reality with a body, takes a lot of effort .Having what's called a life is hard enough let alone two. The weird thing then is when you leave the body which is part of the interpreted illusion, and have the focus of consciousness on the other, theirs no need for the psychological protection, of remembering half assed snippets , it just all becomes clear, because you have been doing it all along anyway, so what's the big deal, everyone is there anyway? The ability to almost pre program a dream, might mean that the electro magnetic waves can have multiple interpretations , depending on what suits you, an infinity of choices where the most comfortable reality would be the most interpreted.

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Btw for all of you "it's just your subconcious" guys.
It's not. When you spend hours on the verge of dreaming you'll find out that your thoughts lead you to other places and other heads. I was able to bring back and remember many thought-chains and only the beginning was mine and recognizable. The rest was random, not in my language, nothing from my memory...but someone else's thoughts, conversations and abstractions. Stuff I never seen or heard or thought of. I dont like dreams much for that reason. I'd rather be alone in my sleep. It's like an internet but I dont have a screen. I touch a wire and move around the world like an electron. It may be because of the interaction with random people on the web or everyone does that including animals. Then it's designed and ok but It still kinda sucks. I dont like to feel like a one of 8 billion blades of grass shooting out of the soil each morning.
If I could have my childhood dreams back, that would be awesome.

Maybe it's only the first phase leading to deep delta wave dreamless sleep where we share each other like noodles in a soup tho. The REM phase may be still mine only. I kinda lost it. Ive quit drinking coffee and even smoking Cannabis but my dreams and sleep are a wreck. Is there some kind of reset? An effortless drug would be nice 😛
edit on 31/7/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Cannabis is great for some things, but I think it stops dream recall, I agree with a lot of what you said, about getting inside other peoples heads, Can be scary, perhaps it is the Weed its almost telepathic and people can see the same things with their eyes closed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join