It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlled Lucid Dreaming/Astral technique

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechnoAssassin1
Anyone spent time in the ‘void’???

White void or black void?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
I heard once that certain elements within the CIA (or some alphabet agency) were very interested in monitoring people who had the ability to lucid dream vividly. Apparently they were a threat to national security because some of them can do something similar to remote viewing & thereby access places, people & documentary (or technological) evidence of US government secrets. Apparently also connected to the MK Ultra shenanigans, programming people & so forth. Not sure how it all fits together, but the source was pretty darn convinced that it was happening, and that at least a couple of talented dreamers had ended up getting brain-#ed by the agency, turned into head cases by the psychotic mind kontrolle. Just saying. Anyone else heard anything about this?

Not saying that I believe I'm a MKULTRA type kid, but I have reason to believe that my childhood may be false.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Ah the void......I usually end up there at random when I realise I’m dreaming, usually triggered by being able to fly usually makes me realise I’m dreaming.....sometimes I continue in the dream astral travelling, but on the odd occasion I go to a ‘void’ absent of any light but has depth......usually nothing much goes on in here. From a computer file I read many years ago, you need to try to raise your hands up and look at them, which by the way, is way harder then you think, and then a world materialises around you. Never been able to pull my arm up in the void. Very difficult. The only thing that ever happens when I’m there, sometimes suddenly a force starts pulling you backwards and at first it used to scare not being able to see behind me. I now can manage to turn myself to face the direction I’m being pulled from and usually I end up warping to another plane. The only way to get into the void that I read of, was to actually practice to astral project and apparently it’s the first place you end up in. I can never seem to go to bed and intentionally astral project, and like I say, I only usually astral travel from triggers in dreams. The times I have astrally projected have just been random, and I’m either usually led on my bed unable to move, or at least very difficult and takes a great deal of effort and I usually wake up. Difference between astral travel and projection......travel has an almost etheric dream like state that you are aware of who you are and what you are doing, whereas projection, is almost indistinguishable from real life, except you can fly and not be injured.

TA
edit on 12-7-2020 by TechnoAssassin1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A more relaxed subconscious a de-fragged, and having plenty sleep key from what I gather, while practicing techniques to become aware or awake enough might vary for person to person.

Me personally, I only become semi aware after being well rested enough to be in the second stage of deep sleep where as the deepest state of sleep is said not to dream at all. Usually I get odd sensations where it almost would feel like a presence, or wall of sorts.

Btw, supposedly dreaming really good for the heart.
edit on 12-7-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is almost exactly what I experience when astrally (if there is such a word
..) projecting by accident. realising your dreaming half way through a dream is still like a dreamlike state, the astral travel side I’ve mentioned, whereas the projection side, on the rare occasion I’m stuck on my bed (Always from the first house I lived in over 30 years ago) always feels like a presence is there. I would say I astral travel 2 to 3 times a week on average, not by choice. Projection maybe twice per year. Have some bizarre stories from the travel side as that’s what happens the most.....to the point where I’ve woke several times through the night and went back to the same building, with the same people.....I was given credit cards and PIN numbers, and needed up in these series of bars/clubs, that were just complete separate spaces, in space, and you had to fly between them....went on one bar, and had a couple come up to me...the woman was just flirting with me etc, and the guy, who had an almost genie like smoke trail from his torso down, grabbed my arms and started pushing me and shouting ‘who are you...!?? How did you get here....’

For me, if this is all just a fantasy concocted by your mind....then why the hell would a figment of my imagination want to know who I was and how I got there....??!

I’m going to try to document any travels I have, and write them into my notes section on my phone if anyone would be interested to hear them

TA

a reply to: Specimen88

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TechnoAssassin1

then why the hell would a figment of my imagination want to know who I was and how I got there

Why not? A dream is your subconscious making up a story.

I'll go deep; it's your subconscious reflecting your seeking of your self. The character is not really asking, "who are you?" It is you asking, "who am I?"

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I also have a folder of the documents I found printed out on paper. Maybe buried deep in the garage somewhere, and it’s pretty long, but was my first experience into the world of lucid dreaming. And has techniques on how to get into it.

If I can get at it, will take photos of every page and upload....anyone got any advice on best way to upload tons of photos for free?

TA

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Good point. So how does my subconscious create a world that I have never seen before?

TA

originally posted by: Phage

then why the hell would a figment of my imagination want to know who I was and how I got there

Why not? A dream is your subconscious making up a story.

I'll go deep; it's your subconscious reflecting your seeking of your self. The character is not really asking, "who are you?" It is you asking, "who am I?"

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
When I’m not in an astral situation, I just dream about normal stuff that would happen in real life....nothing out of the ordinary. What makes my subconscious, even though I’m aware in the dream, create these completely unique situations that I’ve never even encountered let alone seen before?

TA

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Good point. So how does my subconscious create a world that I have never seen before?

How does a science fiction writer do it? How does a fantasy writer do it?

It's called imagination.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yes that could be a possibility, but writers spend years honing their craft....astral projection/travel/oobe etc happen on the spur of the moment with no experience or study of the subject matter. For my personal experience, there ‘is’ something more to it. But when mainstream doesn’t want to class it as more than a mere figment of your imagination, then we are stuck in a catch 22.

Without the personal experience of it, then we do seem to be talking a lot of nonsense. The projection side, from the few times it’s happened, as I’ve said, is so ‘real’ that there ‘must’ be something more than just ‘imagination’

But I’ve experienced it and it’s my personal opinion and welcome your thoughts as that’s the only way we can learn as a species

Just a side thought...shamans were so revered because they could get information from the ‘other side’ so to speak.

There’s no right or wrong with this type of subject, as no one can see inside your brain to discern any truth from what astral travel actually is.

I’m thinking of writing down down questions to ask any being I come across as to better understand what I’m experiencing. Any questions you can give me to ask, as it wouldn’t be my subconscious just answering my questions would be pretty cool

TA

a reply to: Phage

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Any questions you can give me to ask, as it wouldn’t be my subconscious just answering my questions would be pretty cool

I would recommend a question about yourself, since your subconscious is trying to communicate with you about that. Not knowing you personally, I cannot provide a proper question. That's up to you.

I had an idea. Ask, "who are you?" But watch out for the feedback loop.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
That’s still a very good point to question in the astral realm. Another good question would be to ask them...who’s is Phage? And to see if I get an answer that would be impossible for me to know. Now this would be a much better way for any lucid dreamers to think about doing. Trying to get any info that translates from the astral realm to the real world

TA

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Sure. Go for it.
But be aware that our subconscious is very good at picking up things that our conscious overlooks.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Had a brief look at that link, but I’m thinking, more specific, something that is only known to you (not necessarily you, just as an example) that can only be known by you and your close inner circle. Then we would have something more tangible to go on, that there is something to the astral realm that can be brought back and be valid info, and not just an imagination.

TA

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Any astral peeps here that wanna help out in this experiment?

TA

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

originally posted by: TechnoAssassin1
Anyone spent time in the ‘void’???

White void or black void?

Dark void, is all I can relate it to.....it’s dark, but has depth and dimension yet being devoid of any...

TA

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

What's my mother's maiden name?

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Any quick easy photo hosting sites around? Bear in mind that it won’t happen overnight, but I want to post a photo of a post it note asking what your mother’s maiden name is to show that this is a live situation. And also if any astral travellers, will help out ? As a few already posted that they have lucid dreams, so would maximise the results?

TA

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Yoamr

I lucid dream almost every night.

In my experience, if I spend a few minutes focusing on what the subject of the desired dream before bed and while falling asleep it helps "direct" my mind there.

While I can dump myself into a genre or scenario, I am not in control of everything. Only the decisions I choose to make, and the outcome is not always pleasant..

I have been stabbed and felt the warm sticky liquid soak my shirt as I bled out.

I have been shot and felt the hot burn of the bullet rip through my flesh.

But,

I have also met children I'll never have..

In my opinion the most useful skill is recognizing you are in the dream and the ability to self wake when you feel death is imminent.

Drink lots of water.

That's a huge part of it but not why most people would think..

You need to interrupt your natural cycle,
And waking up to pee facilitates that.

If you can enter rem, then wake up during it, and then go back to bed while focusing on your scenario you are half way there..

I experience most of my lucid dreams in the hour before waking for the final time.

Respectfully,
~meathead

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join