It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Silent Majority vs Defund the Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
If I am correct, Trump loses, how is normal America going to react then? Actually, it doesn't matter. By then it will be too late. The Republican Party will be redistricted into the Ashburn of History. And after the Dems take over, elections will be pointless anyway because, as they do in many states now, they will entirely control the election process.

Redistricting takes place at the State level, not the Federal Level.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I am well aware of that, but I expect there will be a significant Dem sweep in the down ballot elections. Thanks to Republican incompetence in handling COVID, it's very possible Texas may go blue. Why? Because there's a negativity effect going on such that it appears many former Repub voters will simply sit out the election. Complicating factor in Repub turn out is that anymore, so many Republican candidates appear to be and talk more like Democrats than as real Republicans. My congressional race will be between two Democrats, with one calling himself a Republican.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I am well aware of that, but I expect there will be a significant Dem sweep in the down ballot elections. Thanks to Republican incompetence in handling COVID...

I hate to break it to you, brohan, but if the Republicans get their asses handed to them in down ballot elections it isn't over Covidiotness, it's over The Idiot.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: whyamIhere

Trump wins this election with three words “Defund the Police “. Quite possibly the most ignorant slogan ever...

What’s ignorant is people believing that “defund the police” means getting rid of police.

But I guess if you let right wing media tell you what to think that isn’t the craziest lie you probably believe.

NO, what's ignorant is when idiots ignore what the people leading these movements are saying.

Try listening to those who are in control of these protests.

DERP

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You may be correct. Maybe they will express their displeasure at election time. Problem is, Trump lost the popular vote last time and only won by virtue of having won in9 or 10 crucial counties such that he won on the basis of the electoral college. What with COVID 19, BLM and Antigua, combined with record unemployment, I doubt he can pull it off again.

If I am correct, Trump loses, how is normal America going to react then? Actually, it doesn't matter. By then it will be too late. The Republican Party will be redistricted into the Ashburn of History. And after the Dems take over, elections will be pointless anyway because, as they do in many states now, they will entirely control the election process.

Another fallacy you are guilty of is the idea of a silent majority. The people you describe are not the majority. There are millions of people like the ones you describe who routinely and dutifully turn out to vote for Democrats, and for a variety of reasons.

Hope I am wrong, but I don't think I am. It's been a long losing battle. But with the Dems in firm control of higher education, the Federal Bureaucracy, the Deep State, and the MSM propaganda outlets, their triumph was really only a matter of time.

Times up buddy, not your country anymore.

Tony,
People know what is at stake. Orange Man will be re-elected.

Unless you think the majority of thinking adults will vote for ending America.

I still have faith in people. I realize it’s not my Country anymore.

For myself, I don’t care. It’s young people I fear for them.

I think you have no confidence in your fellow man.

I hope if I’m wrong, young folks remember one thing.

My relatives died for this Country. If we lose it now.

We will never see a Country exactly like America.

The ideas of this Republic will be gone forever.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Joe Biden just said in an interview that the police have become the enemy, and should be defunded!

townhall.com...

The man who is leading in presidential polls says the police are our enemy. OMG.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I like our police - and the police the next town over where I used to live. They're good people, and have been helpful on several occasions over the past 11 years since I moved back to the area.

If we defund the police, then people like me who don't get paid to deal with bullsnip, and thus have to handle problems quickly and efficiently, will have to step up.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Dude is toast.
Mondale level beating coming.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If you were to tell me a year ago that the majority of American conservatives would band together to oppose a proposition that would cut spending and limit the power of authority, well, I'd believe it because the American right ain't even remotely conservative.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Those who drive Ford cars should know that FORD is sending money to defund police movements.

www.lawenforcementtoday.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
If you were to tell me a year ago that the majority of American conservatives would band together to oppose a proposition that would cut spending and limit the power of authority, well, I'd believe it because the American right ain't even remotely conservative.

Trust me, I want nothing more than for you to get your dream. I'd like to see all police at home with their kids, just enjoying life, while folks like you figure out how to rehabilitate the select few of us who chose to fracture the occasional law. Oh, and also the group who has no empathy for the value of a human life, those folks too. I'd like for all that to be owned by the democratic run cities so you could really show the rest of us how to function properly in the year 2020.

I live in the country, and around here, crime isn't the same. So we have this bit under control, we will choose to continue funding the local police and thanking them for the job they do, as most of them aren't stone cold killers.

Good luck, I'll be praying for your wishes.
edit on 8-7-2020 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The "silent majority" needs to STOP being silent. That's all there is to it. If this place turns into a raging hole of lawlessness and a perpetual one-sided marxist cesspool, then the "silent majority" are to blame. Period.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Gotta love when the very loud minority calls themselves the "Silent Majority". But what is ATS good for if not a little sad comedy.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Trump wins this election with three words “Defund the Police “. Quite possibly the most ignorant slogan ever...

What’s ignorant is people believing that “defund the police” means getting rid of police.

But I guess if you let right wing media tell you what to think that isn’t the craziest lie you probably believe.

I can only speak for my neck of the woods... but I can tell you what Defund means according to many of the politicians pushing for it (excluding the AOC types).

It means that when a 911 call comes in for a domestic dispute, rather than send police officers, a social worker would field the call. In a Rose-colored-glasses way that almost makes sense. Send in a social worker because it is a family matter. The problem is, by all accounts, one of the most dangerous types of calls that officers respond to are for domestic disputes. Cops have a tough enough time getting things under control in many of those instances... so what happens when a social worker armed with a clipboard arrives on the scene?

It also means removing officers from schools. Because I don’t like a lot of stories I’ve seen locally about very young kids being put in cuffs, it sounds appealing (and that is an area where the NYPD needs to change policy and training)... BUT.... some of these schools are in just horrible neighborhoods where violence absolutely warrants having more security than a security guard you may find in a safe suburb.

It also means when a call comes in about a violent homeless person on the subway, an Outreach person arrives rather than a cop. How will that play out?

Just a few examples of what they are talking about. If the sympathy is for the perpetrators, sounds great. But if (in those examples) you are the wife getting beat to a pulp, or the high school kid getting jumped, or the lady on the subway platform trying not to get her head smashed in or pushed onto the tracks, you may see it differently.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

This isn’t about that. They want less Cops.

People have always wanted less cops.
I remember many conversations here back in the day about how much of a waste of money it was to have 7 cops arrest 1 person. two cops arresting the perp while 5 of them stand around doing nothing.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bender151

but it turns out this place is just anti whatever black people are asking for.

More like anti whatever dems want.
When the black people back in the day wanted less cops and less money most here were on their side.
But then the divide of right and left happened. So now even if something was once agreed to be the right move it wont matter unless their political leaders say its the right move.

The political parties are full of nothing but sheep.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Yea, I hear you, and I am with you in many respects. My ancestors came to the US in the late 1600s. And i intended no cruelty when I said this is no longer your country. I speak from experience, I live in Texas which is now become more like Northern Mexico. We cant intelligently vote in local elections because they are all one Hernandez vs a Gonzales and campaigns are waged on local Tejano radio. We have no idea what any of them stand for and those who call themselves Repubicaans are more aligned with moderaate Democrats......or worse. Corruption is endimic.

Worry about children and grand children? Encourage them to learn foreign languages and prepare them to go global. Thats what my South African acquaintences have done. Where posssible they school their kids in UK or Australia and of late, in Canada.

The US has, for far too long been a nation without borders. A nation without borders is a homeland to no one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join