It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recall Petition Against Ms Whitmer in Michigan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Any chance can help with getting dictator Phil Murphy out here in New Jersey

Murphy, besides killing thousands of nursing home patients , has succeeded in having the highest death rate per
million population ……...

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: wantsome

We're not looking for full open, we're looking to having the government run the way intended the executive and legislative, not by a tyranny of one.

Be real here.
And, by all means, stay at home if that is what makes you feel safe.
So what she's closing stuff down to try and control outbreaks. If we have a repeat of last spring I'm for shutting the entire state down if that's what it takes to get this under control. The last thing I want to see is a situation like Florida is dealing with. No it's not about me and my safe space it's about public safety and trying to contain a level 4 bio hazard.

My entire family has health problems and I'm just as concerned about their safety as mine. My grandmother is 80 years old. My aunt had a liver transplant she takes drugs to suppress her immune system to keep it from attacker her liver. My mom is recovering from chemo and radiation. All 3 of my uncles are heavy smokers. I have diabetes.

What we're just suppose to throw caution into the wind and say screw em let the sick elderly and weak die so people can have the right to go to the bar and hair salons?

Last April my county has 8000 cases the county to the east had 9000 and the county to the south had 14,000. We didn't get it under control until we shut down.

This past month 1 bar in Lansing was responsible for 150 cases.

This just doesn't effect the weak and elderly. I know 3 healthy adults that died. 2 of them in their 30's and one in her 40's.

I don't care about peoples rights to go to the bar when it puts mine and my loved ones health at risk. We still have to go out to get food and necessities. I try not to go out unless it's to the grocery store or pharmacy.

You and your family can stay home. Do not try to guilt the rest of us into shutting everything down and destroying our country because you are scared. The majority of the cases here in Michigan are from the Detroit and other metro areas. Counties like mine have had very few deaths (under a dozen) and I know those were elderly people with other issues. There is no disputing the young crowd has thrown caution to the wind, that's mostly where the new infections have come from.

You know that’s her, right? You should ask for an autograph

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Good, REMOVE HER!!!!!! Its time for the tide to turn in our country. We need to put an end to this coup and an end to this insurrection. NOW.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Liquesence

Do you not get the feeling that the government s in our country are soon to lose any control over what people do in regards to this?

Because im seeing a rage just starting to boil over.

Control over citizens' personal response to Covid, control over civil unrest/protests, or something else?

Absolutely, there is a lot of rage in this country, on both sides, and it might come to a head. The political divide for one, class conflict another, people being tired of the BS and being shat upon, and Covid throwing in a monkey wrench.

While Covid is no one's fault, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Maybe an American Spring is nigh, such as a social/civil Declaration of Independence.

Hindsight is 2020. How apt.

edit on 11-7-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: wantsome

We're not looking for full open, we're looking to having the government run the way intended the executive and legislative, not by a tyranny of one.

Be real here.
And, by all means, stay at home if that is what makes you feel safe.
So what she's closing stuff down to try and control outbreaks. If we have a repeat of last spring I'm for shutting the entire state down if that's what it takes to get this under control. The last thing I want to see is a situation like Florida is dealing with. No it's not about me and my safe space it's about public safety and trying to contain a level 4 bio hazard.

My entire family has health problems and I'm just as concerned about their safety as mine. My grandmother is 80 years old. My aunt had a liver transplant she takes drugs to suppress her immune system to keep it from attacker her liver. My mom is recovering from chemo and radiation. All 3 of my uncles are heavy smokers. I have diabetes.

What we're just suppose to throw caution into the wind and say screw em let the sick elderly and weak die so people can have the right to go to the bar and hair salons?

Last April my county has 8000 cases the county to the east had 9000 and the county to the south had 14,000. We didn't get it under control until we shut down.

This past month 1 bar in Lansing was responsible for 150 cases.

This just doesn't effect the weak and elderly. I know 3 healthy adults that died. 2 of them in their 30's and one in her 40's.

I don't care about peoples rights to go to the bar when it puts mine and my loved ones health at risk. We still have to go out to get food and necessities. I try not to go out unless it's to the grocery store or pharmacy.

You and your family can stay home. Do not try to guilt the rest of us into shutting everything down and destroying our country because you are scared. The majority of the cases here in Michigan are from the Detroit and other metro areas. Counties like mine have had very few deaths (under a dozen) and I know those were elderly people with other issues. There is no disputing the young crowd has thrown caution to the wind, that's mostly where the new infections have come from.

You know that’s her, right? You should ask for an autograph

What?

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Gov. Whitmer Calls Impeachment Effort 'Outrageous,' Says State Has Saved Tens Of Thousands

Keep in mind I have spoken to NOBODY that supports her and I know a lot of Democrats - Enough is Enough !

Several Republican state lawmakers are calling for the impeachment of Gov. Gretchen Whitmer over her response to the coronavirus , saying she's a tyrant who has turned nursing homes into death camps.

How does the governor feel about that?

She keeps saying that Covid Cases are getting worse and we may need to go backwards BUT - They are not hospitalizations or deaths - and in fact Grand Rapids (her focus) area cases compared to population are below the 3% threshold she said would allow the whole state to reopen.... Mind Games - Science Mind Games

The interview was very contentious to say the least - and she would not directly address Nursing Home deaths that still have not been properly documented ....
A good analogy I heard - We don't judge a batter by how many swings he takes - but how many hits there were -

Recall Whitmer !

edit on 7162020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Go march around Lansing with your toy guns. I call them toy guns because that's what they are. Good for shooting at beer cans. Unless you have some delusion the government is going to take away your guns and bibles.

I own guns but I have a purpose for them. They put food on my table. I don't need to march around the capital with them.

You think she's bad look at the mess in Florida. Like republicans governors are doing so much better. Like politicizing wearing masks.

If wearing a mask helps me keep my community safe I'm going to do it. I'm going to do whats for the greater good for those around me.

If you think masks don't work you're an idiot.

posted on Jul, 16 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
A friend of mine from Michigan, due to the use of the term Karen by opposite sides about differing types of entitled behavior recommended using the term Gretchen as a replacement for the type of Karen that calls police on people not wearing masks, doesn't care if your life's work and financial security are imperiled due to lockdowns, doesn't practice what she preaches when it comes to her own family, sees no problem with political protests with large gatherings as long as she agrees with it, while forbidding you from practicing your faith in your place of worship.

I think male version of this should be called a Gavin. I thought for a moment the male version should be called a Mario, but the G alliteration makes the rhetorical impact much better.

For example that blue haired lady asks you "Where's your mask?" and your response while giving Gavin the stink eye " Eff off Gretchen, mind your business. "

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Governor Whitmer has just signed an Executive Order rolling back some of the Covid-19 reopening progress.

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed an executive order that limits statewide indoor gatherings to ten people and also mandates that bars remain closed to indoor service.

The order goes into effect on July 31.

In a statement, Governor Whitmer said:

“After seeing a resurgence in cases connected to social gatherings across the state, we must further limit gatherings for the health of our community and economy. By taking these strong actions, we will be better positioned to get our children back into classrooms and avoid a potentially devastating second wave.”

Under the new order, outdoors gatherings across the state cannot exceed a capacity of 100 people.
abc57.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join