It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recall Petition Against Ms Whitmer in Michigan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
Where's the science behind her decisions ? All about science right ?
To understand the recall, the science should be heard ... The petition is warranted
YMMV if ya don't believe in science

So we're suppose to take some youtube conspiracy nuts science advice over the CDC? I don't believe masks are 100% effective but if everyone wore them I'm willing to bet they slow transmission.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome
Says the guy posting on a conspiracy site lol
Any who

Ask any microbiologist ... Like a mosquito thru a chain link fence ...
edit on 7102020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
She's going to shut us down again next week so people can't get signatures. Yes I'm taking bets

I just heard that she is putting a mandatory mask order in effect beginning this coming Monday Statewide.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I don't care about peoples rights....

That's all you had to say.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I don't care about peoples rights....

That's all you had to say.

Oh please go nail yourself to a cross. You wanna know about your rights go to Wikipedia and type Japanese Americans 1942. Are we talking about the same rights that didn't include injuns women and slaves when they were written?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Do you understand the meaning of the phrase "our rights don't end where your fears begin"? It should be a pretty simple concept to understand.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

We're not looking for full open, we're looking to having the government run the way intended the executive and legislative, not by a tyranny of one.

Be real here.
And, by all means, stay at home if that is what makes you feel safe.
So what she's closing stuff down to try and control outbreaks. If we have a repeat of last spring I'm for shutting the entire state down if that's what it takes to get this under control. The last thing I want to see is a situation like Florida is dealing with. No it's not about me and my safe space it's about public safety and trying to contain a level 4 bio hazard.

My entire family has health problems and I'm just as concerned about their safety as mine. My grandmother is 80 years old. My aunt had a liver transplant she takes drugs to suppress her immune system to keep it from attacker her liver. My mom is recovering from chemo and radiation. All 3 of my uncles are heavy smokers. I have diabetes.

What we're just suppose to throw caution into the wind and say screw em let the sick elderly and weak die so people can have the right to go to the bar and hair salons?

Last April my county has 8000 cases the county to the east had 9000 and the county to the south had 14,000. We didn't get it under control until we shut down.

This past month 1 bar in Lansing was responsible for 150 cases.

This just doesn't effect the weak and elderly. I know 3 healthy adults that died. 2 of them in their 30's and one in her 40's.

I don't care about peoples rights to go to the bar when it puts mine and my loved ones health at risk. We still have to go out to get food and necessities. I try not to go out unless it's to the grocery store or pharmacy.

You and your family can stay home. Do not try to guilt the rest of us into shutting everything down and destroying our country because you are scared. The majority of the cases here in Michigan are from the Detroit and other metro areas. Counties like mine have had very few deaths (under a dozen) and I know those were elderly people with other issues. There is no disputing the young crowd has thrown caution to the wind, that's mostly where the new infections have come from.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I wasn't alive in 42, were you?

Not that it matters to you anyway.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

She's going to shut us down again next week so people can't get signatures. Yes I'm taking bets

I just heard that she is putting a mandatory mask order in effect beginning this coming Monday Statewide.

Yep. I read the order earlier and it does say we can be charged with a misdemeanor (no jail time) if they want to push it. I did not see anything in the order about a fine, but I have seen several people comment on that.

link   

You've heard of quarantine right?
That is for keeping the sick off the streets, and those with immune issues safe.

It is NOT meant to lockdown entire populations, as the government is trying to do.
All the lock down does is ruin the economy, and the mental and economic health of the citizenry....although I am sure there are other reasons not to lock down healthy people.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
Where's the science behind her decisions ? All about science right ?
To understand the recall, the science should be heard ... The petition is warranted
YMMV if ya don't believe in science

So we're suppose to take some youtube conspiracy nuts science advice over the CDC? I don't believe masks are 100% effective but if everyone wore them I'm willing to bet they slow transmission.

We can't believe anything from any government agency because the CDC had already admitted they lied about the high numbers, hospitals have told people they were told to fudge the covid death numbers for money. Fauci has flipped back and forth so many times it's like watching a tennis match. Bury your head in the sand if you want, leave the rest of us alone.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Indeed she did...and it seems to mimic the mask frenzy I've seen in other states.

Whitmer signs mandatory mask order for Michigan

As we see a slight uptick in COVID-19 cases across Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer took swift action Friday – signing an executive order making masks a requirement for all.

Starting Monday, it won’t just be Michigan businesses that have a mask requirement. Individuals now must mask up inside public places or outside in crowds. If you don’t, you could face a misdemeanor charge and a $500 fine.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Cases in the state are on the rise and people aren't adhering to the safety guidelines.

We're in the midst of a public health crisis.

Yeah lets fully open because it's working out so well for Florida. I have more faith in her then I do Trump.

I can't wait to see the tears flow when Biden wins.

Are you from Michigan? Don't worry, I don't want to know where.
edit on 10-7-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

You've heard of quarantine right?
That is for keeping the sick off the streets, and those with immune issues safe.

It is NOT meant to lockdown entire populations, as the government is trying to do.
All the lock down does is ruin the economy, and the mental and economic health of the citizenry....although I am sure there are other reasons not to lock down healthy people.

But asymptomatic people are also transmitters, so until we have widespread testing/quarantine and antibody tests, or masks and social distancing are mandated, things will not get better for a while.

The lockdown *did* flatten the curve. Reopening and citizen negligence has resulted in many spikes in cases/hospitalizations.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
First off, don't talk about the bar in lansing, if you don't know all the facts, like the fact that the college students, (still hanging around E. Lansing) BROUGHT it into the bar!!!
It isn't the bars fault.
Some of them, on purpose.

Second, did psycho governor leave the health condition clause in this BS? Like for people like me, with COPD, that are NOT recommended to wear a mask?

Third, how can anyone defend her at this point?
My goodness, the woman has gotten drunk on power, and has no idea how to run a business.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Do you not get the feeling that the government s in our country are soon to lose any control over what people do in regards to this?

Because im seeing a rage just starting to boil over.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wonder if they will allow those who are not Michigan citizens be able to sign the petition and help dictate Michigan policy? Or do they only allow those who are not citizens to vote people in not petition people out. Hmmmm

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

It isn't like a mosquito thru a chain link fence because of Brownian Motion and Van der Waals Forces.
Microbiologist aren't Physicists.

I wear a mask but I don't agree with forcing people to wear one under penalty of fines or imprisonment.

If the govt had simply educated people from the beginning and not lied to keep the supplies of masks for hospitals we wouldn't be where we are now.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Second, did psycho governor leave the health condition clause in this BS? Like for people like me, with COPD, that are NOT recommended to wear a mask?

Buy a regular pleated paper mask. Carefully slash across the mask in the pleats. Looks fine externally and lets in more air.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I had heard that as well....and then some kids went back down to Detroit suburbs, had a party and spread it there.
And I had not heard on purpose, but how can we be surprised when they had covid parties in Alabama?

There are exceptions to the mask mandate. People don’t have to wear a mask if they’re younger than 5 years old, are exercising, are eating or drinking, are at religious gatherings or are unable to medically tolerate a mask, Executive Order 2020-147 says, among other exceptions.

www.mlive.com...

#3 Very drunk.....

www.michigan.gov...
edit on Fri Jul 10 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join