It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recall Petition Against Ms Whitmer in Michigan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The Issue - regarding the OP

Michigan's governor and emergency powers: What you need to know - APRIL 2020

Why is this question in dispute?
Michigan has two different emergency laws that say two different things about the role of the Legislature.

The Emergency Powers of Governor Act of 1945 gives the governor additional emergency powers, sets no time limit on how long an emergency declared by the governor can last, and sets out no role for the Legislature in approving or extending a state of emergency.

The Emergency Management Act of 1976 provides the governor with even broader emergency powers. But it says for a state of emergency to continue beyond 28 days, approval of the Legislature is required.

So shouldn't we look to the more recent of the two statutes?
One might think so, except for the fact the more recent act, the Emergency Management Act, says, in part: "This act shall not be construed to ... limit, modify or abridge the authority of the governor to proclaim a state of emergency" under the 1945 law, The Emergency Powers of Governor Act.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
That's just it. No one is disputing her ability to declare a state of emergency, but when she ignores the 1976 law that requires her to work with the legislature on extensions that's when it is a problem.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Where do we go to sign? a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
So much for fixing Roads and Dams eh

Whitmer to require implicit bias training for Michigan's medical professionals

Citing the disparate impact the coronavirus and other health issues have on people of color, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer issued a directive Thursday requiring health professionals to take implicit bias training to obtain or renew their licenses.

Lets add misappropriation of resources to the petition

edit on 792020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish.
Are these people more at risk because of their color, or their economic and dietary situations?
Are they say that they deserve better care?

What the hell does this even mean??

Implicit bias describes prejudices that unknowingly influence thinking and reaction to events and information.

www.freep.com...
Doctors and nurses do not use their code of ethics for some of their patients?? Absurd is you ask me.....

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Are these people more at risk because of their color, or their economic and dietary situations?

Implicit bias describes prejudices that unknowingly influence thinking and reaction to events and information.

www.freep.com...
Doctors and nurses do not use their code of ethics for some of their patients?? Absurd is you ask me.....

Yep. Pandering at its best. She's so messed up it's gone far beyond being power drunk, she's also trying very hard to make herself look good to minorities so they don't sign the recall petition. In my opinion of course.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
She's going to shut us down again next week so people can't get signatures. Yes I'm taking bets

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

I say she won't.
Unless she backtracks on what she said today about not going back a Phase.

Anyway, IMHO.
She'd have to shut everything down to Phase ONE to keep people from signing.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Who in Michigan wants to keep this monster as governor? Some powerful force must be on her side.

A gym in Lincoln Park, Michigan, was shut down Wednesday and members given citations for violating Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s (D) executive order regarding the coronavirus pandemic.

More at: www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Who in Michigan wants to keep this monster as governor? Some powerful force must be on her side.

A gym in Lincoln Park, Michigan, was shut down Wednesday and members given citations for violating Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s (D) executive order regarding the coronavirus pandemic.

You're going to start seeing fines doled out more and more often, she's figuring out she f#d the state income (via taxes and fees not flowing in anymore) Once politicians figure out the screwed the budget or income, we end up getting gouged to fill the gaps. In this case, with BS fines.

I'd bet money on it.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You'd be surprised at the number of idiots that praise her every move. Her Twitter page is full of "she's my woman from Michigan" and other nauseating things. Cue our friends on the Left here saying "just like the Trumpers" etc.

Trump knows better than to blatantly defy state law, Gretch thrives on it.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Cases in the state are on the rise and people aren't adhering to the safety guidelines.

We're in the midst of a public health crisis.

Yeah lets fully open because it's working out so well for Florida. I have more faith in her then I do Trump.

I can't wait to see the tears flow when Biden wins.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

We're not looking for full open, we're looking to having the government run the way intended the executive and legislative, not by a tyranny of one.

Be real here.
And, by all means, stay at home if that is what makes you feel safe.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
She's going to shut us down again next week so people can't get signatures. Yes I'm taking bets

Dollars to donuts that Pennsylvania will be shut down again next week as well.

I hope Michigan residents get this dictator removed soon.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Sorry OP I digress to say something no one has connected YET !

Eat and stay Healthy

Diabetes is rampant in the USA - Guess what Covid targets Diabetics - makes them sicker - No President can cure Diabetes ..... Not to mention keep people out of Nursing Homes ...

National Statistics

Key findings include:

34.2 million Americans—just over 1 in 10—have diabetes.
88 million American adults—approximately 1 in 3—have prediabetes.
New diabetes cases were higher among non-Hispanic blacks and people of Hispanic origin than non-Hispanic Asians and non-Hispanic whites.
For adults diagnosed with diabetes:
New cases significantly decreased from 2008 through 2018.
The percentage of existing cases was highest among American Indians/Alaska Natives.
15% were smokers, 89% were overweight, and 38% were physically inactive.
37% had chronic kidney disease (stages 1 through 4); and fewer than 25% with moderate to severe chronic kidney disease (stage 3 or 4) were aware of their condition.
New diagnosed cases of type 1 and type 2 diabetes have significantly increased among US youth.
For ages 10 to 19 years, incidence of type 2 diabetes remained stable among non-Hispanic whites and increased for all others, especially non-Hispanic blacks.
The percentage of adults with prediabetes who were aware they had the condition doubled between 2005 and 2016, but most continue to be unaware.

Covid and Diabetes

Everyone needs to be careful to avoid the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. If you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, you should be even more cautious.

Your risk of catching the virus isn't higher than anyone else's. But you could have worse complications if you do get sick. That's especially true if your diabetes isn't well-controlled.

Pneumonia and Diabetes

People with diabetes are about three times more likely than the rest of the population to die from influenza or pneumonia, reports the Federal Centers for Disease Control.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

You'd be surprised at the number of idiots that praise her every move. Her Twitter page is full of "she's my woman from Michigan" and other nauseating things. Cue our friends on the Left here saying "just like the Trumpers" etc.

Trump knows better than to blatantly defy state law, Gretch thrives on it.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know she was popular in some circles. Maybe BLM and ANTIFA will come to Michigan, and add their damage to what Covid-19 has done. That might get her driven out of office.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

www.freep.com...

Follow the MONEY !

Deja Vu - Fired off a memory !

Eric Holder to Help Starbucks Train Employees For ‘Racial Bias Education Day’

On Tuesday, Starbucks announced it will be closing 8,000 stores on May 29 so 175,000 employees can attend a training program that will address implicit bias, promote inclusion and help prevent discrimination, NBC reports.
Eric Holder was tapped as one of the ‘experts’ to assist with training the employees. That’s all you need to know.

edit on 7102020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

implicit bias training - problems
This Mantra started with Ferguson .....

Eric Holder believes all cops are racists, targets ‘unconscious bias’
WAKE UP

edit on 7102020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Please, pretty please, make an example out of this woman.

Strip her of her power, dox her, make it so that when ANYONE thinks of abuse of power — they think of Whitmer.

It’s time for people to take the power back.

Turn her name into a verb!!! As in you better stop it or we will Whitmer you!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

We're not looking for full open, we're looking to having the government run the way intended the executive and legislative, not by a tyranny of one.

Be real here.
And, by all means, stay at home if that is what makes you feel safe.
So what she's closing stuff down to try and control outbreaks. If we have a repeat of last spring I'm for shutting the entire state down if that's what it takes to get this under control. The last thing I want to see is a situation like Florida is dealing with. No it's not about me and my safe space it's about public safety and trying to contain a level 4 bio hazard.

My entire family has health problems and I'm just as concerned about their safety as mine. My grandmother is 80 years old. My aunt had a liver transplant she takes drugs to suppress her immune system to keep it from attacker her liver. My mom is recovering from chemo and radiation. All 3 of my uncles are heavy smokers. I have diabetes.

What we're just suppose to throw caution into the wind and say screw em let the sick elderly and weak die so people can have the right to go to the bar and hair salons?

Last April my county has 8000 cases the county to the east had 9000 and the county to the south had 14,000. We didn't get it under control until we shut down.

This past month 1 bar in Lansing was responsible for 150 cases.

This just doesn't effect the weak and elderly. I know 3 healthy adults that died. 2 of them in their 30's and one in her 40's.

I don't care about peoples rights to go to the bar when it puts mine and my loved ones health at risk. We still have to go out to get food and necessities. I try not to go out unless it's to the grocery store or pharmacy.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Where's the science behind her decisions ? All about science right ?
To understand the recall, the science should be heard ... The petition is warranted
YMMV if ya don't believe in science

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join