It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Demanded Massive Covid-19 Testing - Another FAIL. Mortality Plummeted - Epidemic Over.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

So... victory

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If Covid doesn't bankrupt the US, democrats will.

Bet the fed is just eating this up...
edit on 8-7-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

Or does the MSM need to do every calculation every other minute for ya ?

If there were no stats on the TV screens, no doubt you'd be ranting about that.
TV channels don't make up the stats, they are reported by authorities around the world.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

LoL

Turn off your TV - Authorities ??????? You seem to say the Media is independent in parts of the World ?

Weak Sauce -

The Companies Who Control Global News

The companies that control global news
Several names are synonymous with media domination around the world: News Corp in the United States, the U.K., and Australia, Globo in Brazil, Yomiuri Shimbun in Japan.

While many of the oldest media conglomerates are as powerful as ever and still growing, the emergence of digital news has substantially altered the media landscape and allowed new companies to emerge as major players in the news industry. Tech giants like Microsoft and Amazon owner Jeff Bezos, as well as telecommunications conglomerates such as Verizon and AT&T, now rank among the top owners of the world’s media.

I'm not sitting on a Fence here - Clearly you have me mistaken

edit on 782020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: chr0naut

What a jolly good show!

Now all you have to do is resurrect all the 131,480 people in the US who have passed away from the complications of COVID-19.

That leadership there has done a 'bang-up' job!

If you combine the main European countries to an equivalent population, you will find it has been handled similarly if not moderately better here. Guess what, diseases kill people in spite of best efforts. People will learn in the future that it is all just whack-a-mole. You can postpone, but not avoid.

The US has the eighth worst per-capita mortality figure in the world. Shuffle the figures however you like.

Mortality Analyses - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock

What a jolly good show!

Now all you have to do is resurrect all the 131,480 people in the US who have passed away from the complications of COVID-19.

They were saying 2 million and in full on panic attack mode. It's under 140K and having a full on panic attack. Going from 2 million to 131K and change...meh. Ever watch that show with the balls and they decide on the winnings beforehand. Watch the reaction of winning a million or more to 100K or less. Somewhat different. With this virus no. It could be 80K dead still same reaction. No. Anyone with the same reaction just looks like a lunatic and idiot.

Only about 3,000 people died on 911, they shut things down across America then, this has been 46 times worse and it isn't over.

At more than 60,000 new cases per day, the pandemic is clearly not over just because mortality has reduced by 2% or so. It is still within 98% of its peak rate.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
a reply to: smurfy

LoL

Turn off your TV - Authorities ??????? You seem to say the Media is independent in parts of the World ?

Weak Sauce -

The Companies Who Control Global News

The companies that control global news
Several names are synonymous with media domination around the world: News Corp in the United States, the U.K., and Australia, Globo in Brazil, Yomiuri Shimbun in Japan.

While many of the oldest media conglomerates are as powerful as ever and still growing, the emergence of digital news has substantially altered the media landscape and allowed new companies to emerge as major players in the news industry. Tech giants like Microsoft and Amazon owner Jeff Bezos, as well as telecommunications conglomerates such as Verizon and AT&T, now rank among the top owners of the world’s media.

I'm not sitting on a Fence here - Clearly you have me mistaken

I don't read papers except, 'The Guardian' which is an independent, not for profit newspaper and online in the UK and US, and has a pretty impressive record of reporting
Warner media news, (CNN)..which is now part of AT&T, is a competent multi national outfit with reporters around the globe, and certainly one of the best news channel in the US...despite the onset from childish Trumpisms.
So, yes, media does have some independence, while most newspapers are trash.
edit on 8-7-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

What a jolly good show!

He sure has, President Trump tackled the issue so much so that a Novel Virus has been kepted at the threshold.

No one could have prevented a single death when facing a Novel Virus, sure we could bust out a Mega Phoenix down and bring them all back, only to watch them die again as most who got Coronovirus were literal high risk and at deaths door anyways.

But don't let that obscure your already skewed opinion 😌

What about those hundreds of countries who have dealt with the virus, controlling infection rates and who have kept mortality low on a per-capita basis?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

And one that didn't?

This is what has happened: Not only have thousands more people died than in neighboring countries that imposed lockdowns, but Sweden’s economy has fared little better.

“They literally gained nothing,” said Jacob F. Kirkegaard, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington. “It’s a self-inflicted wound, and they have no economic gains.”

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 7/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

You mean all of those who would have died from something else because they were already so sick/unhealthy that any opportunistic bug they would have been exposed to like the flu would have gotten them too?

Yes, they all would have died from other things, anyway.

Everyone dies.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: chr0naut

And one that didn't?

This is what has happened: Not only have thousands more people died than in neighboring countries that imposed lockdowns, but Sweden’s economy has fared little better.

“They literally gained nothing,” said Jacob F. Kirkegaard, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics in Washington. “It’s a self-inflicted wound, and they have no economic gains.”

www.nytimes.com...

They didn't do nothing and they didn't escape the consequences of the virus. Sweden has a higher per-capita mortality than the US and a higher case-fatality ratio as well.

COVID-19 pandemic in Sweden, Strategy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The positives can be attributed to test showing positives for common cold viruses in many instances, according to CDC.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

That's interesting. Can you provide a source?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That's interesting. Can you provide a source?

Yes I read it myself, Phage you know I do my research.

BRB

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
FDA warns of false positives with certain COVID-19 tests from BD
www.massdevice.com...
July 6, 2020 By

There is another one still looking

My best friend is a lab tec, if only you could hear her explanation, like many other health care professionals she know this is a big farce, she can go into great detail, but I am not qualified to repeat it.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

FDA has authorized antibody tests for this virus that have been submitted for their review. But these tests are not 100% accurate and some false positive results or false negative results may occur.

A higher percentage of positive results may be false positives when these tests are used in people who live or work in an area where very few people have had COVID-19.

Figure that out????????

www.cdc.gov...

Still looking for the one I want

edit on 8-7-2020 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

That says:

The agency is alerting clinical laboratory staff and healthcare providers to the risk after a study in which the manufacturer found that approximately 3% of results from the BD SARS-CoV-2 reagents test for COVID-19 were false positives.

That's concerning but even if all of the testing in the country were done with that system it would not account for the rise in positive cases well over 3%. Or hospitalizations.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Metallicus

Do you refuse to wear a seatbelt?

The "what about XYZ" crap is damn old already. MANY people don't wear seat belts, I've plum forgotten to buckle more than once. Never shat myself over the potential dire outcomes, either. Life itself is a series of calculated risks every individual weighs independently for themselves, not others. Frankly, I say take the warning labels off everything, make stuff like seat belt laws optional for cognizant adults (NOT for kids) and let it sort itself out. Either people will learn from missteps, or they won't. It's not your problem.

Exactly... Just like wearing a helmet in PA while riding a motorcycle... Its freaking stupid not to and you only hurt yourself if you express your liberty and not wear one. (Our law states you don't have to wear a helmet)

Speaking of helmets, I don't wear them when I bike (bicycle) Period. Never have, not even in childhood, never have nor will in adulthood. This impacts no one but me & my head, and contrary to FearNotHopeIsWhatWeNeed's claim, it doesn't warrant laws to protect the pearl-clutchers who should be assessing & mitigating risks themselves anyway if they're so afraid of someone without optional safety gear.

This mollycoddling excuse making is beyond bulls# anymore. If you're a spineless twit who can't do something for yourself and neeeeeed the red tape agencies to do it for you, well, just admit you suck at taking care of yourself, but don't sit there and tut-tut someone else like you're perfect in all things. Obviously, you're not, the laws whine wouldn't have been needed if you were worth your proverbial salt as a competent human capable of taking care of yourself worthy of being held up as a pinnacle of how to exist and be risk-proof. It's the irony of ironies to chide someone else there. And just makes you look like any idiot. Person A does Person A, Person B does Person B, all's well. Issues explode when people start controlling others because "I WANT BLAH BLAH BLAH." Just because you want it (iron-clad safety) doesn't mean I'm obligated to give a damn, or think you deserve it.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Awareness: Swabs dipped in Saline Solution are coming back as positive for Coronavirus.

twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join