It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Demanded Massive Covid-19 Testing - Another FAIL. Mortality Plummeted - Epidemic Over.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
"This web page provides estimates on the burden of influenza in the United States for the 2017–2018 influenza season"

cdc definition of flu season

www.cdc.gov...

It does have a little october in there, but the first corona case in the US was in January so...

and how does 250,000 covid hospitalizations surpass almost a million flu hospitalizations?

5 months, 250,000....extrapolate 10 months...500,000...1 year 600,000.

a reply to: Phage

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

cdc definition of flu season
Shows the peak activity is generally in February. Seems we may not have reached peak COVID activity quite yet.

and how does 250,000 covid hospitalizations surpass almost a million flu hospitalizations?

You're right about that, it doesn't. I was looking at the hospitalization data incorrectly. I was looking at daily numbers of those hospitalized, not new hospitalizations. It would be interesting to see how those might compare.

Now, about the number of deaths...

edit on 7/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
"you know a virus is bad when you have to be tested to know if you have it"

Unfortunately, we will never know the real number of covid deaths...since the reporting and labeling is wrought with fraud and inaccuracy.

This sourced report calculates a 0.1% IFR.

swprs.org...

Are people going to die from covid, yes. Are the reported numbers and manufactured hysteria true, absolutely not.

Is it worth destroying our economy and personal freedoms for a strong flu, that has a greater than 99% survivability rate worth it? No. (Condoms are only 98% effective)

Is gates and big pharma going to put out a yearly vaccine and make trillions? you bet they are going to try.

are the dems using this to make trump look bad...you betcha

That is what this is all about.

My point in bringing up the 2017 80,000 deaths and million hospitalizations, is that no one batted an eye. Now, with slightly higher numbers and its a disaster. A University of Edinburgh study puts the flu mortality global burden up to 650,000 deaths from respiratory causes alone.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...#:~:text=Until%20recently%2C%20the%20World%20Health,causes%20alone%2C%20and%20a%202019

We are being played, manipulated and lied to.

Like all this "Florida hospitals at 97% capacity" Well, thats true, but what they neglect to say is that many wings were shut down and people laid off cause nothin was happenin. They have the capability to expand dramatically.

Also see a lot of articles that say, "cases doubled" "cases up 300%" and those types exclamations are utter trash. you could go from 1 to two, and say they doubled.

Also, why is the media freaking out about cases and not reporting that deaths are way down?

Why does the Media never report that 1.4 MILLION PEOPLE HAVE RECOVERED!!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Now, with slightly higher numbers and its a disaster.
Crisis might be a better word. These number add to of those of influenza right? I think that might have something to do with the concern.

Also, why is the media freaking out about cases and not reporting that deaths are way down?
I have seen it reported in a number of places. But the numbers are changing now.

If we're talking about recoveries maybe we should compare them to something.

I don't know what your source is but this, somewhat respected source, has a different number. Let's look at it:
983,185 recovered.
126,444 deaths.
A total of 1,109,629 "resolved cases", 11.4% of which have been deaths.

Granted that it is a moving target, there are very many more unresolved cases and the number continues to rise. But I think it's sort of concerning.

How does it come out from your source? Much different?
covidtracking.com...

It looks like you're using Worldometer. There are pretty large disparities in the data between the two. That shows 8.5% of resolved cases are fatalities. Better, but still concerning.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Now, with slightly higher numbers and its a disaster.
Crisis might be a better word. These number add to of those of influenza right? I think that might have something to do with the concern.

I have seen it reported in a number of places. But the numbers are changing now.

If we're talking about recoveries maybe we should compare them to something.

I don't know what your source is but this, somewhat respected source, has a different number. Let's look at it:
983,185 recovered.
126,444 deaths.
A total of 1,109,629 "resolved cases", 11.4% of which have been deaths.

Granted that it is a moving target, there are very many more unresolved cases and the number continues to rise. But I think it's sort of concerning.

How does it come out from your source? Much different?

covidtracking.com...

That's not an argument, that's a reaction. Do you have information that explicitly predicts a flip in the death/recovery ratio?

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
Right, it wasn't an argument. It was an elaboration, an interpretation of data.
I don't understand your question. I said nothing about any projections.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   
this is the one did i post it, i dont know

“A positive test result shows you may have antibodies from an infection with the virus that causes COVID-19. However, there is a chance a positive result means that you have antibodies from an infection with a virus from the same family of viruses (called coronaviruses), such as the one that causes the common cold.” CDC.gov

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Right, it wasn't an argument. It was an elaboration, an interpretation of data.
I don't understand your question. I said nothing about any projections.

You said it's concerning, I saw the numbers you provided and they don't seem particularly alarming so maybe you are looking at other information as well. We also don't know how many people are asymptomatic and that seems like an important factor in the overall math.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You said it's concerning,

It's comparing the number of deaths to the number of resolved cases. 8.5% of them have had the worse possible outcome (using worldometer data). Yes, that's seems to be concerning. It is not the Case Death Rate, I never claimed that it is.

We also don't know how many people are asymptomatic and that seems like an important factor in the overall math.
Yes. But that doesn't have much to do with the metric I applied. I'm using known numbers of recoveries and deaths. Outcomes. I also pointed out that it is a moving target, but it has been flattening out at around 8.5%.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This might be neither here nor there, but there might be a little help on the way.

"Heated foam air filters created by University of Houston physics researchers and Medistar, a Houston real estate developer specializing in medical buildings, could be key to disinfecting heating and cooling systems of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19, according to a peer-reviewed study in Materials Today Physics, a science journal.

The virus can live up to three hours in the air, according to recent research. But superheating could kill the virus when passed through the filter, which would be installed in air conditioning and heating systems and heated to nearly 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

Those filters could be in production as soon as August, said Zhifeng Ren, the director of UH’s Texas Center for Superconductivity, which researches materials that can conduct electricity without resistance at high temperatures. Ideally, high-traffic spaces and essential services in Texas, such as airports, office buildings and schools, would be the first to install them."

www.houstonchronicle.com...

I can't tell if they plan to burn it up or electrocute it, lol, but it's a plan in any event. I am concerned about it becoming an endemic here in the U.S., and we become completely isolated from other countries who will disallow citizens to come here, and if they do they won't be permitted to return to their own countries. And of course, Americans wouldn't even be allowed .. anywhere.

If this works, it could be an enormous help in safely reopening schools.
edit on 7/10/2020 by ladyinwaiting because: add quotation marks

edit on 7/10/2020 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

The point is having a filter material that you can get really hot without destroying it.

Sounds very effective but the energy cost is going to be pretty high. You're going to be heating the air as it passes through the filter so you'll have to then cool it before it gets into the building.

Heating then cooling = money.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

...People who are looking for work, might start training to be firefighters too. It sounds dangerous, but maybe it's a start.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

400º is pretty warm.

Hopefully it won't reach 415º.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Why? What happens at 415?

Oh wait.... you're being silly.

edit on 7/10/2020 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Paper burns.
en.wikipedia.org...

Oh wait.... you're being silly.
More like dyslexic, it appears. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 11 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

400º is pretty warm.

Hopefully it won't reach 415º.

Mate abslvieldles down into maga crators - go pro totage here

edit on 11-7-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   

The results for the week are in. Remember the page before where you said this?

We are at or below the expected number of deaths for the week
link

Turns out this week had the highest death rate since this began. Not by a small amount either.
The average has been in the 40s for a while and it jumped right up into the 70s.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The fact that anyone would think half of the country would be upset that less people are dying due to this virus is deranged and says a lot more about you than it does about anyone else.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

"you know a virus is bad when you have to be tested to know if you have it"

Like Typhoid? for example.

posted on Jul, 15 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
A UV C sterilising system might be more practical. We work with some units made by a company called Air Sniper.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join