It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI chief warns of Beijing plot to compel overseas critics to return to China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Chinese officials have been trying to force people to return to China from the United States under a program of coercion led by President Xi Jinping, the head of the FBI says.
FBI director Christopher Wray has urged Chinese-born people in the US to contact the FBI if Chinese officials attempt to compel their return to China, in an unusual appeal as part of a speech to a think tank.
He reiterated US assertions that China was using espionage, cyber theft, blackmail and other means as part of a strategy to replace the US as the world's dominant economic and technological power.
He said Mr Xi has spearheaded a program called Fox Hunt, which aims to silence criticism of Beijing's political and human rights policies.

FBI chief warns of Beijing plot to compel overseas critics to return to China Posted 45mminutes ago

This is nothing new from the evil empire however, the scale at which it is happening as indicated in the article linked is unprecedented.

This following snippet also taken from the article details the alarming tactics being used by emissaries;

Come home or commit suicide
Mr Wray related a case in which he said the Chinese Government sent an emissary to the US to visit the family of someone who could not be located.

The emissary left a message that the unidentified person could chose between returning to China or committing suicide, Mr Wray said.

"I want to take this opportunity to note that if you believe the Chinese Government is targeting you, that you are a potential Fox Hunt victim, please reach out to your local FBI field office," he said.

May our government agencies in the West protect these poor people being targeted by the long gross tentacles of the CCP. May they and their families be safe and kept from harm.

edit on 772020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
In ww2 America locked up Japanese Americans-
China probably figures we're about to go the same as soon as China starts ww3.

Not sure though. Maybe they plan to simply detain and extort those citizens for every bit of leverage they can on Facebook.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Isn't the Administration doing sort of that all by itself?

The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows US companies to employ foreign workers in specialty occupations that require theoretical or technical expertise. The technology companies depend on it to hire tens of thousands of employees each year from countries like India and China.

Days before President Trump issued the proclamation to suspend several types of work visas, University President Lawrence S Bacow urged his administration to enact “forward-thinking immigration policies”.

In a June 2 letter to Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf, Bacow urged to “reject efforts to curtail” specific programmes for international scholars: namely, OPT and the STEM Extension.

H1-B1

edit on 7/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Your link is broken, thanks for sharing though because the dots I connected with the little bit of info you provided do substantiate that claim.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Now try.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Chinese love to come to the US to have babies and keep that foot in the door. Articles about it.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Why is the FBI warning them about efforts by Beijing to make them return to China?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Because they don't want American Chinese people talking bad about them on social media or the news. There is that one Shen Yun show in the US. Chinese can't stand it. It's anti-Chinese. The Chinese always set up protesters in front of the shows. Shen Yun is also supported by a lot of US celebrities which also drives the Chinese crazy.

Sounds like the FBI is telling them that the goal is to get them back to China and start taking winning the culture war. They already have the NBA in their pocket. Slowly start chipping away at our melting pot.
edit on 7-7-2020 by FlyinHeadlock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

So the FBI wants Chinese citizens (or Chinese born) who live in the US to stay in the US even though they just come here to have babies so they can stay here.

Thanks. I get it now.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So the FBI wants Chinese citizens (or Chinese born) who live in the US to stay in the US even though they just come here to have babies so they can stay here.

Thanks. I get it now.

The Chinese like it here. They do come here to have babies and try and stay is the point. The Chinese do not like this at all. They are trying to win a culture war. They want those people back in China.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

And the FBI wants those people who just come here to have babies so they can stay, to stay.

Yes, you explained that already. I understood it the first time.

Chinese love to come to the US to have babies and keep that foot in the door. Articles about it.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

Not sure though. Maybe they plan to simply detain and extort those citizens for every bit of leverage they can on Facebook.

We are all locked up already thanks to the Chinese Virus. I’m not sure where you are living.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I didn't say that about the FBI and Chinese babies. You said that. The FBI is investigating the influx of Chinese Americans being contacted to move back to China that are already established here. They also look into Chinese coming here just to have babies. They busted up one operation not too long ago. Could there be a scenario where the Chinese are trying to implant dual citizens and infiltrate us. Absolutely. Probably been doing it for decades.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Does this smell fishy to anyone else?

Why an FBI director? Isn't this more of the CIA's job? If this is a secret plan by China, how does an FBI director know the name of the operation and the details of how it works? And, if the FBI knew that China was/is sending emissaries to the US to threaten people, why are we letting them do that? While where on the subject, why are we letting anyone from China come to the US during the Covid-19 pandemic?

How does it help China to expend the resources to trick critics into going back to China? I would think the success rate of such an operation to be pretty low. But even if it works, what do you get? I don't think China needs people, even if you're just going to put them in prison or a slave labor camp. China has plenty of people.

Silencing critics? A little late for that. If they've been critical of China, that criticism isn't going to disappear because they do. In fact, their disappearance would just make it worse from a public relations point of view.

Why is the FBI director using this as an appeal to a think tank? What does he expect them to do about it? Who exactly is the Hudson Institute?

Lot's of questions here.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I didn't say that about the FBI and Chinese babies.

So that was just a random statement, about the babies and stuff, having nothing to do with the topic.

I understand.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

We are all locked up already thanks to the Chinese Virus. I’m not sure where you are living.

Same place most Americans are- not in a position to know, care, or afford to leave the country.
Fortunately I don't live in the city and actually like it here, and I'm rather annoyed about all the travel hubub. I've never left the country, yet live closer to a national border than most Americans see in their lifetime.

I'd like to think these lockdowns are a joke, but unfortunately I can see what's happening, and I don't like it.

The rest of my thoughts here are redacted, I don't need China archiving them and linking them to my profile.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Why is the FBI warning them about efforts by Beijing to make them return to China?

It sounds like the Chinese government is threatening Chinese born immigrants on US soil. (From what i read in the OP)

Honestly it makes sense to me.

The CCP are racist and must think if their own speak out it would hold more weight in the eyes of their citizens.

They already control their media...their internet.. Heck even video games to silence dissent.

They just created the new "security" law for Hong Kong so they can basically do what they want there.

I guess I'm saying there's a pattern here... Or I'm very wrong

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

The CIA operates outside the country and FBI within.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Personally I think if you gave Chinese people the choice, it would be the same as North Koreans in the US. Think they want to go back? Most probably not.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Wouldn't it also be possible that the Chinese are doing this to prevent their people from being stuck in a war against the US?

Hmmm Thinking about that statement and saying it out loud, probably not. I don't think they care about their own people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join