It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Sells Out U S Troops, Refusing To Again End Afghanistan War

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My point is the abundance of soldiers, there are so many more than is nescassarry for defensive purpose

On what do you base this assertion?

You can't tell me soldiers in Afghanistan for the last 20 years are there to defend the U.S, they are there making people rich through the spoils of war.

That isn't the fault of an 18-year-old who signs up for service. Nuance doesn't even cover how wrong that take is.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

My point is the abundance of soldiers, there are so many more than is nescassarry for defensive purpose

You can't tell me soldiers in Afghanistan for the last 20 years are there to defend the U.S, they are there making people rich through the spoils of war.

That isn't the fault of an 18-year-old who signs up for service. Nuance doesn't even cover how wrong that take is.

Obviously I base that that assertion on all the soldiers you have occupying foreign countries.

To your second point, yes an easy paycheck is what it looks like to that 18 year old, and possibly the advertising that made it look like an epic adventure.

Why did you join the military ?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Obviously I base that that assertion on all the soldiers you have occupying foreign countries.

To your second point, yes an easy paycheck is what it looks like to that 18 year old, and possibly the advertising that made it look like an epic adventure.

I don’t know about him but I joined the marine corps to repel the enemies assault by fire and close combat, then again it’s also the same place as a young man I developed my own personal ideas of morality and ethics. If you were there speak up if you watched it unfold from tv and the internet you can tell me, I won’t judge you.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

A patriot, good on you for wanting to defend your country, it takes brass balls to want that life.

May I ask which battles you fought in to defend America?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

" May I ask which battles you fought in to defend America? "

He has Fought Nobly in the Battle of Ideas . Freedom being One , and Slavery Under a Globalist Tyranny the Other . Which do you PERSONALLY Champion Mr. Hopeless > ? WE THE PEOPLE Wanna KNOW ..................Hmm...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

an easy paycheck is what it looks like to that 18 year old,

Easy?

edit on 772020 by Wide-Eyes because: Irrelevant mush

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

That makes no sense. I will wait for an actual answer to this where you break down what acceptable troops levels are required for effective national defense.

All of those things. Except it's only easy for some and not others. The US Army is a dynamic institution as are the other branches.

Combat training and experience as well as an array of skills that ensure survival in austere environments. Vocational training. Faster route to citizenship shaving years off my wait time. Economic stability. New experiences. Real challenges. Personal growth. Upward mobility that I've been riding ever since I left. A vast array of opportunity was opened for me.

All of what I joined for I received and then some. As do the vast majority of those who join and serve honorably.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Operation secure tomorrow back in 2004 in Haiti, OIF 2/3 Fallujah Iraq 05, Ramadi in OIF 4-5, followed on with small stint with SOTG opfor stateside working with multi national units, and finished my career in Baghdad working MNFI MNCI as a protective services agent for the USMC chief of staff to the commanding army general at the time.

Everyone was taking care of the guy next to me and each other, I volunteered.
edit on 7-7-2020 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

That makes no sense. I will wait for an actual answer to this where you break down what acceptable troops levels are required for effective national defense.

All of those things. Except it's only easy for some and not others. The US Army is a dynamic institution as are the other branches.

Combat training and experience as well as an array of skills that ensure survival in austere environments. Vocational training. Faster route to citizenship shaving years off my wait time. Economic stability. New experiences. Real challenges. Personal growth. Upward mobility that I've been riding ever since I left. A vast array of opportunity was opened for me.

All of what I joined for I received and then some. As do the vast majority of those who join and serve honorably.

2 hundred thousand troops in 177 countries, yeah looks really defensive

It must have a great experience for you, but let's not try and pretend the military only plays defense.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

In the middle East I can understand the need for military, excuse my ignorance but why Haiti, what was the military's purpose there ?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

In the middle East I can understand the need for military, excuse my ignorance but why Haiti, what was the military's purpose there ?

Secure tomorrow in Haiti look it up, I couldn’t explain to you why I was there, doesn’t matter.

Just a volunteer like everyone else in the service here or abroad now bro.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

That's 1400 troops per country. Just shy of a global offensive occupation force.

Not all of those are combat troops and the ones who are most likely aren't engaged in combat at all.

Context matters as well. The nations we're in have largely invited our presence for one reason or another.
edit on 7 7 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tundra
a reply to: Dr UAE

Got to keep those opiates flowing somehow. 2nd.

This is no joke. Buddy of mine did several tours in Afghanistan and on one of his tours his FOB's objective was to protect the Poppie fields first. The village and the people in it were secondary. If the village was being hit with mortars they wouldn't help the village they would set up a perimeter around the fields because they knew the insurgents were only hitting the village to draw the Americans away from the fields so they could destroy them. Every so often a chopper would come in and pick up a few pallets of processed opium and fly it away. He said it was crazy hearing a village scream for help from Americans while they sat in a field of poppies like Dorthy in the Wizard of Oz

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So a good offence is a good defense eh.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
I should of pointed that out it's kinda like a confusing local like a no vote is reakly a vote for the children. A yes vote on this bill was to basically kill mit by 6tabling the bill. So if your senator voted no then it nwas a good vote to move the bill forward.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Being simplistic about this isn't helpful and doesn't lead anywhere.

Seems to be a habit with you.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

We just went in circles back my original point, got anything else you want to add ?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Big Pharma needs opiates to sell, just because they are being scrutinized here in America now doesn't mean they don't have a market for them elsewhere in the world.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Big Pharma needs opiates to sell, just because they are being scrutinized here in America now doesn't mean they don't have a market for them elsewhere in the world.

What are they getting out of Korea we've been there for 70 years?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

originally posted by: rickymouse

What are they getting out of Korea we've been there for 70 years?

The military is the enforcement arm of the globalists, they rape and pillage. The list of they get is endless.

It's sad that young men join the military thinking they are defending their country, they are not. They are furthering the agendas of philanthropists like Soros, and rothchilds, bildebergs etc.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join