It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When God is good then what does it mean to be good?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Is suffering bad? Suffering is hard for a human that's for sure. Some would say suffering is bad or God is bad for letting people suffer but what do we know what is good?

God knows what is good and is the only good one.

I think a lot of what God considers good we think is bad simply because we might not see the greater plan behind it or simply dont like it.

Some say spinach tastes bad while some say its good for you. What is our taste compared to that of God, the one who knows what this is all about.

Feeling stuck? Ask God what it is good for and what can be done.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance
I have a thread series on Job which essentially says what you're saying. The proposed book version would have the title "Who judges the judge?" which sums up the argument. Anyone who tries to say that God is not good is putting themselves in the position of judging him.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

God's way are not our way, His thoughts are higher than ours, Faith is matured though the trials and tribulation of life.

edit on 7-7-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So God wanted Fellowship it's like God Jesus and the Holy Spirit Had their community and now they've invited man into it.

So God in his community he didn't want robots to fellowship with.

You can imagine if you are God and you're going to have creatures that loved you you don't want robots fellowshipping with you or acting like they love you.

So the reason but God went ahead and created Lucifer and man knowing what would happen with the tree of of Good and Evil he did it to prove that man loves God.

But not as a robot.

So basically we've been invited into the community for intimate Fellowship for eternity
edit on 7-7-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

No. Not good. But being one with whatever "source" you believe in...and to be our part of the infinite "whole".

As well, bad and good karma are real
edit on 7-7-2020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
"big picture thinking" is not an excuse for cruelty. That lame rhetoric is condescending as hell and makes me think whoever says it might be narcissistic and a little psychotic.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Is suffering bad? Suffering is hard for a human that's for sure.

The achin' and the breakin' is the makin' of a soul.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Our job while in human form is to learn to love and grow as soul. The way this happens is through facing challenges and even misfortune.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
"big picture thinking" is not an excuse for cruelty. That lame rhetoric is condescending as hell and makes me think whoever says it might be narcissistic and a little psychotic.

What part TC, what “big picture” item causes your anxiety
God does not get involved, allows humanity to run its own course seemingly
What in that causes you such angst

Surely if God is real, you don’t want His interference in your life?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

What part TC, what “big picture” item causes your anxiety
God does not get involved, allows humanity to run its own course seemingly
What in that causes you such angst

Surely if God is real, you don’t want His interference in your life?

I was referring to the part where "suffering is only bad because we dont understand why it's happening" and my point was that the end doesn't justify the means. Cruelty is not a cure.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Romans 8: 18 says:

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

The passage continues on in that vein, but that's enough for me.

There is a plan being worked out and the end product will be so glorious that it will have all been worth it.

I believe that the eschaton was the starting point, the initial design. What we are working through is that which was necessary do culminate in the eschaton.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
We do understand why it’s happening, people are malevolent, some evil, some cruel.
Cruelty is not a cure, people are just cruel

How is that relevant to your picture of our God. You don’t believe in God but argue 6of9 opinion?

No excuse for cruelty but, (if a person sins and according to the bible sin is hurting other people) there is a natural “karma” in this life generally or definitely justice in the future.
God doesn’t advocate cruelty.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
Is suffering bad? Suffering is hard for a human that's for sure. Some would say suffering is bad or God is bad for letting people suffer but what do we know what is good?

God knows what is good and is the only good one.

I think a lot of what God considers good we think is bad simply because we might not see the greater plan behind it or simply dont like it.

Some say spinach tastes bad while some say its good for you. What is our taste compared to that of God, the one who knows what this is all about.

Feeling stuck? Ask God what it is good for and what can be done.

Can you explain where God let’s people suffer?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Like for instance where you lose your job but find a better one later that pays better. Or you end up in a broken relationship finding a better one. Of course it's unnecessary to say some suffering doesnt end up in something better like people dying of hunger.

So when we judge good or bad how wrong are we when only God is good? You could ask what is wrong thinking bad of a rotten tomato? We throw it away but what can or cant be done with a rotten tomato, we don't know all.

We simply don't like certain things because we don 't have all knowledge or power but we can rely on God in this creation where you can 't turn back time. The fallacy lies in thinking we are good although I'm not saying we are bad, maybe just not perfect yet.
edit on 8-7-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I was referring to the part where "suffering is only bad because we dont understand why it's happening"

I didn't say that btw

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RaggedymanPerhaps it time to stop looking at G_d as a human being, with human characteristics and human frailties?

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bobbybrown
a reply to: RaggedymanPerhaps it time to stop looking at G_d as a human being, with human characteristics and human frailties?

Are you inferring I was/did
Though, I am pretty sure God is logical and we can ascertain that logic if we try.
Being made in His image makes me suspicious that we have a mind that allows us to understand God to a degree

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Bobbybrown

Are you inferring I was/did
Though, I am pretty sure God is logical and we can ascertain that logic if we try.
Being made in His image makes me suspicious that we have a mind that allows us to understand God to a degree

'His image' is what is appearing as reality.
Everything appears in 'his image'.

'His image' is never not present.

REALITY
What you are actually is beyond words, but it would be not untrue to say you are nothing whatsoever other than pure, infinite, disembodied consciousness/intelligence; a field of miraculous infinite light; God dreaming itself; an infinite point of pure potential; or the infinite implications of nothing whatsoever.

The immediate presentation of this unspeakable actuality is the field of your experience, which is an instantaneously appearing virtual field of Radiant Presence as apparent qualities. This is the actuality of which every/ and any/ thing that you think exists consists. This is inclusive and complete; nothing whatever other than this field exists. In short, the entirety of Reality is the "bubble" of YOUR experience, the field of Radiant Presence, which alone exists.

This is the totality of Reality. This is not theoretical, but is actually, immediately real; always the case right here right now.

THE OPEN DOORWAY
www.theopendoorway.org...

edit on 8-7-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

I was referring to the part where "suffering is only bad because we dont understand why it's happening"

I didn't say that btw

That's literally what you said in your post directly above the one I'm replying to. "We simply don't like certain things because we don't have all knowledge" is saying "suffering is only bad because we don't know why it's happening" which is right next to "god makes bad things happen for good reasons" and that's not okay.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yes, sometimes God makes bad things happen for good reasons. What exactly is wrong with that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join