It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1.2 million bail for driver that hit 2 Seattle protesters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Lots of animals aren't smart enough to know better than to get in the road.

What do YOU think that he's implying here?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

In most cases I would agree with you.
Play on a highway and you might get ran over.
But in this instance the road was closed so nobody should have been driving on it.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes but my rights don't end where these powderpuffs feelings' begin.

Apparently you were absent the day they explained that pedestrians always have right of way. Not to mention that the highway was blocked off by police cars before he ever got near people.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
SEATTLE — The Washington State Patrol said protesters who demonstrate on I-5 will now face arrest.

edit on 7-7-2020 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Xtrozero

There are detour settings on your GPS, it's pretty easy to mark off that this interstate ramp was closed and go around.

I don't agree with the high bail but this idiot went around barricades and killed someone.

I'm just saying that is a reality of today... Not everyone is GPS smart and they they couldn't find their ass from a hole in the ground without one.

Not GPS Smart
edit on 7-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Ignorance doesn't excuse going around a barricade and killing someone.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ignorance doesn't excuse going around a barricade and killing someone.

Nope I agree ignorant or not he is going to be convicted and do jail time, too many wrongs there to justify anything remotely less.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
How do we know if someone might have removed the barriers that this guy was supposed to have driven around?
What is, like many, many times before this, that the MSM is keeping really good informatipn from us, or, like in a lot of cases, the police are not telling us all that they know? You know, how they do in almost every case they have.

What if this guy drove onto what looked in all intents and purposes a highway that wasn't blocked?
He drives and is going the speed limit, he comes around the corner wondering why there is nobody on that highway, like there is normally.
He all of a sudden, out of nowhere sees three vehicles that are blocking the roadways, he swerves over to the ONLY lane that is open, then horrifically, he sees that it has moving people, scatterering all around?
Upon swerving and trying his best to maintain control, he misses the largest part of the crowd, but to his dismay, he is careening towards a smaller group.
(I have to rehash some stuff to say the following...)

What is, they, the people out in the roadways were all dressed in dark colors to scare the onlookers of their protest?
Wearing dark clothing on a dimly highway is not a good thing, whether or not they have some kind of WEIRD permission.
(Is that for real? They were given permission for a long amount of time?)

I mean, not a single, solitary part of this scenario is sane, somebody that is IN CHARGE of the City, Police, and the protestors needs to be dealt with, because it won't end there.

We all know that this stuff is escalating everywhere now. Why give them permissions when is it used for dangerous and stupid ways?

Like the little kid that had his teeth removed and given sodium pentothal said, "Is this the real world?".

Is that a plausible scenario?

We never, ever see the REAL story until much later, why is this any different?

edit on 7-7-2020 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

This. He likely didn't even see the people in the road until the last second. The much larger and more dangerous vehicles they had placed in his path probably had his attention.

If he is focused on cars in the road then focuses on the van and what path to go around... His brain could truly see nothing past the van as people scatter and his brain filled in the dead spots with what the brain would normally see on a highway with no people, the brain would see other cars, but not people. That is one of the reason why people get hit rather easily on freeways when people are on them. Some cars slow down as one car drives right into the person seemly at full speed. Some saw the Gorilla walk across the room while others did not.

edit on 7-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

And I agree with you, and respect your opinion either way it goes. What about alternatives, were there any other alternate routes? There are places around here that only have one way in or out. For instance, if I'm heading home one night and they have the front entrance to my city closed off, I have to turn around and drive the other direction for 25 miles to come in from the back way. I had to do that when they shut my city down after thousands of tons of propellant were found at the ammunition base. I had to go 15 miles in the other direction just to get to the interstate. The difference was, I knew where to go and I knew ahead of time. This guy may not have.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

And I agree with you, and respect your opinion either way it goes. What about alternatives, were there any other alternate routes? There are places around here that only have one way in or out. For instance, if I'm heading home one night and they have the front entrance to my city closed off, I have to turn around and drive the other direction for 25 miles to come in from the back way. I had to do that when they shut my city down after thousands of tons of propellant were found at the ammunition base. I had to go 15 miles in the other direction just to get to the interstate. The difference was, I knew where to go and I knew ahead of time. This guy may not have.

Seattle is a crazy mesh of one ways...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You could have left off "mesh of one-ways" and it still would have made perfect sense.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So is bail to high?
I read somewhere normal bail for this is 5 times lower on average.

Maybe they want to keep him "alive" till trial.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Right. I prefer not to judge and to let the truth come out as it may.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

So is bail to high?
I read somewhere normal bail for this is 5 times lower on average.

Maybe they want to keep him "alive" till trial.

That may be true

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Sure, many animals are instinctively inclined to avoid such an onrush of activity moving in their direction. And yes, we are all animals.
So what do i think that poster meant? It could be as simple as what I said above, we are all animals. However, it could also be the slur of of one who chooses to demean others with the ''slur'' of being lesser than them, an animal. Is that what the poster meant? I don't know, that is why I asked that poster if they would clarify the statement. Twice. And twice received no further explanation.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You called it a disgusting post. That tells me that your mind is already made up on what said poster is referring to.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Sure, many animals are instinctively inclined to avoid such an onrush of activity moving in their direction. And yes, we are all animals.
So what do i think that poster meant? It could be as simple as what I said above, we are all animals. However, it could also be the slur of of one who chooses to demean others with the ''slur'' of being lesser than them, an animal. Is that what the poster meant? I don't know, that is why I asked that poster if they would clarify the statement. Twice. And twice received no further explanation.

Can't speak for LSU's intentions, when I read the post, it made me uncomfortably laugh, cause yeah, it was a brutal " joke " ...that held some truthful insight.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

There were certainly options on how to interpret that post. And yes I have my suspicions as to how that poster as using the term 'animals''. We can see that type of reference to people by members here on a regular basis. I don't think it unreasonable to suppose it was used that frame. This is why I asked for clarification. The implications of that post were obvious don't you think? Or not?

I asked twice of that poster to clarify in order to clear up the message being delivered. That poster did not, reinforcing my original assumption.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

yep. I can see the humor in that posters brutal joke. And it does hold true with animals in the road. Hit em. However, well, you know my ''however''.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join