It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$1.2 million bail for driver that hit 2 Seattle protesters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The 5 million dollar question is - Why are you standing in the road?!

YOU GUYS KNOW THE LOGICAL ANSWER....

but you are trying so hard to simp for ats points and woke points you WILLFULLY are stupid.

again A T S = Ignorance in denial lol .. let it burn

edit on 7-7-2020 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I think the road was closed.
Either way he will be guilty of not maintaining control of his vehicle causing personal injury.

He might not get the book thrown at him but he will not just get off.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

He's going to be in serious trouble either way.
He was acting reckless and people got hurt.

Did he leave the scene? It looked like he stopped 100 or so yards down the road.

If he did leave he is going to jail for that alone. He also entered the freeway not using the correct method as farther back down the road the cops closed off the normal entrance ramps. So here we have a guy trying to get somewhere that we can not assume he knew what was going on and got on the freeway. Where they put their blocking cars was around a slight curve that I would bet he didn't see the cars and realize they were stopped until he got closer. I think he could have stopped, but he elected to go around and I don't think the people were that visible to him until he started to go around the van blocking the view. At that point he was moving maybe 50 and really would not have been able to stop.

Throw in some drugs and or alcohol... It will be interesting to see his toxicology report... He did ask if they were OK and didn't demonstrate that he was trying to make a point in hitting them.

In the end... a highway is no place to protest, and is also against the law.

edit on 7-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

As a resident of Seattle, I'm happy to see our judicial system take such heavy measures against this 27 year old African American alt-right white supremacist.... I mean, he attacked BLM due to hate, and only hate. I know, because the media keeps telling me this...

it had ZERO to do with the fact a bunch of morons were hanging out on a dark(ish) interstate highway right outside my apartment at 2 in the morning.. the only reason i can come up with to why this happened is White supremacy hate... it couldnt possibly be anything else...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

If the road was ... closed........ they ............ wouldn't ...have...been.hit.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild

but you are trying so hard to simp for ats points and woke points you WILLFULLY are stupid.

I am one of the least "woke" people on this website.
I also have no sympathy for anyone on a highway getting ran over. Thinning the herd so to speak.
They were breaking the law by being on the road.

I also know this guy is in some deep crap legally.
Cars cannot run over pedestrians without repercussions.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Not just standing in the road, but blocking 3 lanes and then standing in the only place a car can go not to hit the blocking cars. They basically funneled the car right to them. The guy was also black, so what does that mean as to the narrative the guy wanted to kill protesters and went there on purpose...Can't use the "angry racist white guy" here...lol

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

If the road was ... closed........ they ............ wouldn't ...have...been.hit.

The first paragraph in the linked article.

"SEATTLE — A judge on Monday set a $1.2 million bail for the man accused of driving a Jaguar on to a closed Seattle freeway and hitting two protesters, killing one and seriously injuring the other."

Closed freeway.

Apparently you can be hit on a closed freeway.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Not you but others.. I'm sure you know who they are if you are like me.

Xt - Knowing they kinda steered the driver.. he shouldn't be at fault.

Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics trying to explain this one by the media.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The section of road was closed... he went around the on ramp barriers farther back.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

-1 me ill take it.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The girl alive, she was posting stuff about she will be back or something. I guess nobody told her a black man hit her and is sorry about it. Bubba Smollet has to be smiling. Another case of jumping to conclusions is fading his case.

All I know is it's damn near impossible not to hit someone in the rode at night going 40 plus mph. I have damn near hit idiots riding bikes with no reflective gear going 20 mph.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Blocking roads is Not Peaceful Protest, it's a hostile act meant to infringe on others right to freely travel and I would even say a form of abduction. NONE of this would have happened if these thugs weren't terrorizing motorists ! After listening to a terrified Mom calling 911 when she and her young daughter were surrounded by hostile " protesters " in their car, being told they couldn't help her, what should people do ? Keep driving and try and flee or let your vehicle be surrounded and possibly attacked ?

IDK, no sane person wants to hurt or run-over anyone on purpose. I think I would honk my horn and keep on driving, if some dummies throw themselves in front of a moving car to try and intimidate the driver, the consequences are on them if they are harmed.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Can't wait to see the mental gymnastics trying to explain this one by the media.

Well he was 100% in the wrong too, as he went around on-ramp barriers to gain access to the highway. Some poor decisions there and I wouldn't be surprised if drugs and/or alcohol played into it too as it was 2 AM.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Some poor decisions there and I wouldn't be surprised if drugs and/or alcohol played into it too as it was 2 AM.

surprise

After Kelete was stopped by state troopers, he agreed to take a field sobriety test for drugs and alcohol. The tests showed he was not impaired, the state patrol said.
“The driver was reserved and appeared sullen throughout his time in custody,” Trooper James McGuire wrote in the arrest report. “At one point he asked if the injured pedestrians were okay.”
$1.2 Million Bail for Driver That Hit 2 Seattle Protesters

plus they haven't decided whether to charge him yet, that will come tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Iv seen what happens when you stop

I wouldent stop

Most people that get hit bye a car survive

Most people that get pulled out of a car bye a mob do not

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Exactly. It's a privilege,like it or not. It demands a higher level of individual responsibility than one would ordinarily assume to be an aspect of adult citizenship.

I suppose that back when cars were invented, a yahoo with a horse was a lot less disruptive than a yahoo with a car. Those cars scared the hell out of the horses and created a lot of community mayhem. So I can understand the ''privilege'' over ''right' that was established.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well he was 100% in the wrong too, as he went around on-ramp barriers to gain access to the highway. Some poor decisions there and I wouldn't be surprised if drugs and/or alcohol played into it too as it was 2 AM.

Apparently he tested clean for drugs and alcohol, not sure why he decided to drive on the closed road ? Was the road closed because of protesters ? Maybe he lived right off that exit and just wanted to go home and avoid a detour ?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

From what i read from other comments elsewhere, people are saying he blew past a previous police blockade and then this civilian one at a high rate of speed.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Iv seen what happens when you stop

I wouldent stop

Most people that get hit bye a car survive

Most people that get pulled out of a car bye a mob do not

That's exactly what a good lawyer will argue.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join