It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Covid Deaths hit Rock Botton and Cases Rise Then What

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Texas:

The more people who are positive, the more people who get sick and the more will require hospitalization. Texas is running about 20% of cases ending up in the hospital.

CDC data is not current and should not be relied upon as such. As far as the "epidemic criteria" goes:

Mortality attributed to COVID-19 decreased compared to last week and is currently at the epidemic threshold but will likely increase as additional death certificates are processed.
www.cdc.gov...

Death counts for earlier weeks are continually revised and may increase or decrease as new and updated death certificate data are received from the states by NCHS. COVID-19 death counts shown here may differ from other published sources, as data currently are lagged by an average of 1–2 weeks.
www.cdc.gov...

A little early to be counting chickens. Deaths are also on the rise in Texas. Not surprising.
covidtracking.com...

edit on 7/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Maybe healthcare workers got tired lying, by labeling every death as Covid related — just so the hospital could net $13,000 per patient.

Sounds like an awesome medical system.

I've heard argument about single payer being corrupt..lmao.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Just putting numbers together. Based on average time on ventilators, incubation period ( difference between time contracted vs. first symptoms), anecdotal information from interviews, personal experience, etc. All of which is based on no facts at all (which doesn't seem to matter these days) but observation which I have clearly stated.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

That's why the actual death rate is like less than .03% is because most people won't even realize they were exposed and fought off the infection quickly and probably won't even develop into a cold.

By the way SARS and MERS death rate numbers are not accurate. It's a misuse of statistics and out of context.

They lied about every little aspect to hide the Truth that Coronavirus was very common and very mild. Even a new strain is going to behave the same essentially.

You can't make a vaccine for this either.
The solution is good diet and environment.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
Really trying to understand the position now with deaths going down but with more testing, cases rising. At what point is this acknowledged that more cases do not equate to more deaths or even serious symptoms for that matter or none at all....meh.

Why even wear masks or social distance at that point. Might get a little sick, might not and the odds of dying in a car crash are 100X's higher.

What am I missing here because right now this is what is going on. The deaths went from a great height to damn near sea level.

The coronavirus that causes COVID-19 is very mutable. In the first month in Iceland, more than 40 different strains were detected. As time passes, natural selection will favor strains that spread without killing their hosts. So, it was expected that the virus would become less deadly, but more infectious, over time.

Also, the medical response to the virus is getting better as we learn more. Treatments for different stages of the most severe symptoms are adapting and improving.

Also testing is improving and this is identifying those who are less affected, or asymptomatic, so the registered numbers of infections rises, while mortality stays about the same or less.

All these factors are combining to change the numbers relating to mortality as a ratio, but the increase in the numbers of those infected means that total mortality figures can increase while the ratio of infections to deaths, falls. At present, the numbers of deaths per day in the US are falling, but they have fluctuated fairly wildly.

edit on 7/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

At present, the numbers of deaths per day are falling, but they have fluctuated fairly wildly.
Not in Texas. They are rising.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

More cases = more hospitalizations = more deaths.

It's not that complicated.

edit on 7/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't think it was ever a secret, that the intent all along was too slow it down, not to prevent deaths. It's been a given all along that it will spread no matter what and either way, about the same number of people will die. Unless of course they can fast track a vaccine, and that ain't going to happen.

I think there does come a point of diminishing returns, and we are at that point now I believe.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Putting aside mortality rates altogether, I think the only way to really get a read on the situation is to stop using PCR tests as they are (for reasons obvious to anyone who has looked into them), purify a virus sample for an actual standard of comparison, and then test the blood in the medical system.

Aint gonna happen, of course, but it would yield some pretty amazing data on the spread of a pathogen. With regards to The Virus specifically, it would also reveal exactly when it got here, its prevalence, etc.

Itd be really interesting, imo, but of course.. There are much different agendas at play here than actual public health, science, and learning.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
a reply to: Gothar
people with mild to no symptoms by and large.

If that's the case then why are hospitals in TX and AZ in crisis mode? Very few ICU/CCU beds. Or are you saying the hospitals are lying and it's all made-up? And if that's the case, how do you explain the 180s the Governors of AZ & TX made? We're talking about two guys with their noses firmly between Trump's cheeks.

if we could have stopped all those protesters from spreading the Covid all around, this wouldn't be an issue, but since they did their dance, the country now has to pay the price. Or are you going to make some idiotic claim that BLM protests were immune from spreading covid?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You've got the narrative wrong, it's the evil republican states and their dastardly restaurants!
I want ALL small business CLOSED! FOREVER!
I want to ONLY shop online and stay home for EVERYTHING, and buy from the Holy Amazon and Walmart.

EXCEPT when I line up in Costco to get my necessary giant steaks and Chinese made jackets. NECESSARY BECAUSE BULK (every week).

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
President Trump's tweet is, as usual, spot on.

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Phage

I don't think it was ever a secret, that the intent all along was too slow it down, not to prevent deaths. It's been a given all along that it will spread no matter what and either way, about the same number of people will die. Unless of course they can fast track a vaccine, and that ain't going to happen.

What makes you think such a thing? There are already 15 vaccines in Phase I trials, 10 in Phase II, 4 in Phase III and one already being administered to the Chinese military.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

originally posted by: HalWesten
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

It's political and will stop after Nov. 3rd. Then it's everyone for themselves.

I'm afraid if Trump wins again, COVID hoax will last for 4 more years.

People need to start fighting back and standing up for their rights or this could last years.

No, they will get far more aggressive than that.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Guys it's because orange man bad.

That's why the virus is world wide, we are all in on it. We're sick of the giant cheesy puff.

Go out and lick lampposts, lick each other and most definitely lick the windows. Truth is you're safe, truth is you're special.

What's next seagulls brought the twin towers down?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

twitter.com...

President Trump's tweet is, as usual, full of dung.

Even though US case mortality rates may have fallen recently, that does not mean we have the Lowest Mortality Rate in the World (that's Trump's capitalization).

Johns Hopkins data show that 29 countries with lower mortality rates than the US in the last couple of weeks, including South Korea, Australia, and Greece. That's the case mortality rate.

coronavirus.jhu.edu...

If you want to look at deaths per capita, there are 175 countries with much lower death rates per capita than the US (404/Milliion), including such luminaries as Afghanistan (24), Nigeria (3), and Guatemala (56).

www.worldometers.info...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

I don't understand why liberals get so upset by what President Trump says and tweets.

Because according to them, he lies all the time.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Which ones are cleared for distribution in the US and which companies producing them have a contract with the US?

I thought the start of next year was the earliest it could happen?

Even the Warp Speed idea does not skip the testing or the review, and seems to just be about throwing money at it. Still looks like next year to me. I hope I'm wrong. My way of earning a living is gone until that happens. Believe me when I say I can't wait to have some vaccine pumped into my body.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

twitter.com...

The mortality rate for the US, on the John's Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center, is at 4.4%, which, while it is much improved, is the seventh-highest mortality case-fatality rate by country.

How does mortality differ across countries?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I don't understand why liberals get so upset by what President Trump says and tweets.

Because according to them, he lies all the time.

Well, was the Trump tweet that you referred to previously in this thread, true?

edit on 7/7/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlockWhy even wear masks or social distance at that point.

so everyone can see that you are a good, caring, virtuous citizen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join