It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#CancelHamilton Is Trending

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I wanted Hamilton cancelled because it is guilty of cultural appropriation, but that didn't happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You know GOT-DAMN well that movie will NEVER be remade.
Horses?!? We can’t afford to lose no horses!!🤣

I found out yesterday Mel Brooks' contract for Blazing Saddles had a clause where there could be no sequel unless Warner Brothers did a tv show within 6 months. Brooks thinking that put a no go on a sequel,WB however did make a TV show for 4-5 years starred Lou Gosset and Steve Landesberg of Barney Miller fame. Note I said made, it was never shown but they made it for 5 years so they could make a sequel if they wanted too.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Crazy leftists, being critical of themselves.

Be proud you’ll never see that from anyone on the Right Wing side of the political spectrum.

Geez you want Hamilton even more woke?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Crazy
But Hamilton is patriotic and uniting, cant have that right now....

It will be ok again in mid November....

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

"Hamilton" creator Lin-Manuel Miranda even admitted that "all the criticisms are valid" on Twitter Monday. "The sheer tonnage of complexities & failings of these people I couldn’t get. Or wrestled with but cut. I took 6 years and fit as much as I could in a 2.5 hour musical. Did my best. It’s all fair game."

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: grey580

I'm hoping they remake Blazing Saddles.

Robert Downey Jr. can play the Cleavon Little character for maximum salt production.

Cleavon Little! Good memory for me. When I was 17, I saw Cleavon, Sherman Helmsley (George of The Jeffersons”) and Melba Moore on Broadway in the musical Purlie. My first Broadway show. Such talent. If you don’t know the music from the show, try to find Walk Him Up for a little of its flavor. Awesome stuff. BTW, if Hamilton is now non-PC...the stereotypes depicted in Purlie would shut the show down on opening night—-even though there was only one white character in the whole cast.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: azvol

Well he rode
A blazing saddle...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I guess they had to pull back after thinking about all the Big Names that have heaped mounds of praise on the actors and the play.

Michelle Obama 'Thrilled' About 'Hamilton' Film: 'Still Blowing Us All Away'

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The music is great, I hear.
I don't really care for hippity hopp, myself.

Of course, I have a hard time understanding the lyrics in opera as well. I need a libretto.
edit on 7/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is that a racist comment?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   

No. Musical taste.

I also don't like hillbilly music very much.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I never cared that much for heavy metal music, but discovered I actually kind of like it when it's accompanying certain types of videos.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Music videos are stupid.

Oh, wait. You didn't say music videos.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

They also killed the variety shows that would showcase various singers and musicians.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Lloyd Thaxton rocked.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I’m reminded of the time Mike Pence saw Hamilton. After the show, cast members lined up shoulder-to-shoulder in full costume, oozing with self-righteousness, while one of them read a statement.

“We, sir — we — are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights.”

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

This isn’t the left, this isn’t even American. We are under attack.

True.

But those who start trouble are *never* prepared for those of us that are ready for it.

I've seen this happen a few times before, and without fail, the idiots that start it end up getting the snot beat out of them and limp away with their tail between their legs.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Byrd

I guess they had to pull back after thinking about all the Big Names that have heaped mounds of praise on the actors and the play.

Michelle Obama 'Thrilled' About 'Hamilton' Film: 'Still Blowing Us All Away'

If you read the article I quoted, you will see that it says that they never had that much support for the idea in the first place. Many of the hashtags were comments critical about the idea of canceling it.

If you go search for the #cancelhamilton hashtag, you can see for yourself that it was never that big and that much of the response was a protest or denouncement of the idea. I scan read a bunch of it. Some of it seemed to be trolls trying to raise the hashtag; much of it was basically "what a ridiculous notion."

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The music is great, I hear.
I don't really care for hippity hopp, myself.

Of course, I have a hard time understanding the lyrics in opera as well. I need a libretto.

Read the libretto courtesy of Lin-Manuel Miranda himself (genius.com... -- the stuff in green is annotated in the second column) ... and then (if interested) look for the music with the subtitles available on YouTube. I did, and found I really enjoyed it.

You might not like it, but I enjoyed the heck out of it once I was able to get the thread of the words and see the research behind it.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I’ve actually started hypnotizing don lemon, next month he will be convinced that he is his own slave owner and will cancel himself.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join