It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#CancelHamilton Is Trending

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The play's creators, actors and producers will likely now be blacklisted (pun intended) for pushing racist and white supremacist propaganda.

Or....the AP's (Appeasement Puzzies) could give back all the Tony awards they won, including the Best Musical one. I know! They could throw all 11 of the Tony awards into a big pile, throw paint on them, then pour gasoline on them, then torch them while running around and screaming, "Hamilton Shmamilton"!!

~~sarcasm (I better explain my "suggestion" lest someone actually think I'm serious. Too many people have lost their ability to reason and comprehend.)

edit on 7-7-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Disney aired this Racism...time to topple Mickey statues and boycott Disney World.

Maybe burn down Tom Sawyer's Island.
edit on 7-7-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'd ask how long it took you to think that one up, but no.

This attempt to whitewash history is reaching the point of absurdity. But, whatever.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

And they can get Dave Chappelle to play Gene Wilders part.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

This attempt to whitewash history is reaching the point of absurdity. But, whatever.

Be careful throwing around words like "whitewash", you could be cancelled next.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: grey580

I'm hoping they remake Blazing Saddles.

Robert Downey Jr. can play the Cleavon Little character for maximum salt production.

That would be great. Though I would have Terry Crew as Cleavon Little and Robert Downey jr as the Waco kid.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

My wife cousin told me that when I was using the term black when talking to a friend over the phone. He was a member of the Black Panthers back in the day, so yeah. I told her that I've already been cancelled a long time ago and now I'm just a cult classic.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Leftists aren't being critical of themselves.

They're mentally ill and stupid and can't figure out what they believe.

They're pretty sure communism works though.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Just when Hamilton is available in torrentday...

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: underwerks

Leftists aren't being critical of themselves.

They're mentally ill and stupid and can't figure out what they believe.

They're pretty sure communism works though.

Funny how that works isn't it: "Everyone thinks Communism works except those that lived under it"

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Hmmm...it appears the Leftist cancel culture is beginning to eat it's own.

The hashtag #CancelHamilton trended over the weekend, just after a film version of the show aired on Disney+.

Some on social media argued that the founding father was a slave trader and shouldn't have gotten such a positive depiction in the musical. The musical's creator and star Lin Manuel Miranda defended as well as criticized the show on Instagram. Thomas Jefferson, who is also depicted in the musical, was an enslaver who fathered six children with Sally Hemings, one of the women he enslaved.

www.msn.com...

Full disclosure...I've never forked over the $52,000 bucks for tickets...but I know this Broadway Musical is a fav of the Left and the Hollywood crowd.
Unfortunately for the play...it's cast of characters is chockful of slaveowners...so, now, all of a sudden...the alt-Left just hates it...and demands it be #CANCELLED!

The play's creators, actors and producers will likely now be blacklisted (pun intended) for pushing racist and white supremacist propaganda.

Wasn't much of a trend. Here's Twitter Trending: trends24.in...

Didn't make much of a splash: twitter.com...

Not a blip this past week: adage.com...

Here's a quote from the conservative news source, The Hill: thehill.com...

But while some people have tweeted with the hashtag, "CancelHamilton," the call has not gained much traction on Twitter or other forms of social media. In fact, many of the top Tweets using the hashtag were either reporting on or actively criticizing the sentiment behind it.

So it's misleading to see it as a "movement" or even as "cancel culture" (clearly failed) or even having much of an impact.

edit on 7-7-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Imagine starring in a play.. about people you hate.. in and about a country you hate.. But you cant cancel it because you have bills.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What a miserable existence it must be to wake every morning and look for something, anything to be offended by. These people need to grow up and stop acting like the big babies they are.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LeoStarchild

Lol! I probably could live 3 lifetimes and never thought of that. Too funny!

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
That would be great. Though I would have Terry Crew as Cleavon Little and Robert Downey jr as the Waco kid.

Only if DB gets to play Mongo.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Only if DB gets to play Mongo.

DB sad he not get Disney.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Since you pawn in 4D chess game of life I order for you.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Historically this has happened before like in the French revolution they guillotined the royals then the leaders of the movement think rich alt-left of today. No one is safe with the shifting wokeness of theses basement radicals running the show and their foot soldiers.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Goooood DB.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Blacklist the Whitewashers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join