It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#CancelHamilton Is Trending

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hmmm...it appears the Leftist cancel culture is beginning to eat it's own.

The hashtag #CancelHamilton trended over the weekend, just after a film version of the show aired on Disney+.

Some on social media argued that the founding father was a slave trader and shouldn't have gotten such a positive depiction in the musical. The musical's creator and star Lin Manuel Miranda defended as well as criticized the show on Instagram. Thomas Jefferson, who is also depicted in the musical, was an enslaver who fathered six children with Sally Hemings, one of the women he enslaved.

www.msn.com...

Full disclosure...I've never forked over the $52,000 bucks for tickets...but I know this Broadway Musical is a fav of the Left and the Hollywood crowd.
Unfortunately for the play...it's cast of characters is chockful of slaveowners...so, now, all of a sudden...the alt-Left just hates it...and demands it be #CANCELLED!

The play's creators, actors and producers will likely now be blacklisted (pun intended) for pushing racist and white supremacist propaganda.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

A self fulfilling prophecy.

We have to remember we aren't dealing with sane people. They are at war with them selves and reality.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Crazy leftists, being critical of themselves.

Be proud you’ll never see that from anyone on the Right Wing side of the political spectrum.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

It’s like a wolf that will chew off its own leg to escape a trap.

It might escape the trap, but it won’t last long as it hobbles off and bleeds out.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Yup.
Those Leftists sure are crazy.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

“From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.”
― H.P. Lovecraft, Tales of H.P. Lovecraft

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   

So I guess this isn't a good time to pitch 'You Did NAZI That Coming: The Musical'.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Oh he is mad. Shutdown his twitter. One of the cancel culture ring leaders is now being cancelled for making a fun rapping musical for a former President. Shame on him. Cancel it.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This isn’t the left eating it’s own. This is an invasion. We are under attack. This is a Type warfare we weren’t prepared for. Marxist have poisoned The minds of the youth and exploited the anger of my black brothers and have channeled that momentum into a mindless faceless destructive force. Now propaganda from just what,two or three years ago is outdated.
This isn’t the left, this isn’t even American. We are under attack.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

No need for anyone to get upset on this one.

Hamilton was born in The British Leeward Islands so he wasn't even an American by birth.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

I am starting to think you are right. I don't even think most African-Americans are onboard with this cancel culture. It's a small percentage of people with an agenda that is not Pro-America. It's a new form of McCarthyism, but instead of chasing phantom communists the communists are exploiting the average American citizen.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What about Springtime for Hitler?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I'm hoping they remake Blazing Saddles.

Robert Downey Jr. can play the Cleavon Little character for maximum salt production.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Be proud you’ll never see that from anyone on the Right Wing side of the political spectrum.

I can’t wait until you guys turn on Biden.
Ya know, for thinking he might make a good President and all.
But until then keep going after meaningless bullsh!t like this like you guys always do.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You know GOT-DAMN well that movie will NEVER be remade.
Horses?!? We can’t afford to lose no horses!!🤣

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well when you take the A&E out of BLAME, what do you have left?

Makes sense to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

How did impeachment work out?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
His best move would to hurry up and write another rap musical bashing George Washington, the British and all Jesus based religions. Make the Continental Army the KKK and Ben Franklin the grand wizard.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

A lot of high profile Democrat politicians, including the Hildabeast, went to that play and tweeted very high praises for it. They might think about looking over their shoulder and watching their six everywhere they go now.

These CCL's (Cancel Culture Lunatics) can like you today and hate you tomorrow. We are dealing with mass psychosis on an unbelievable level.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
You call them crazy and critical in the same breath. Difference between constructively critical and screaming for the sake of noise.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join