It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix (2020).

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Unsolved Mysteries dropped on 7/2/2020. The first episode deals with a sighting in The Birkshires area of NE and has some interesting eyewitness testimony of what they say, granted it was awhile ago. They even touch on Navy pilot reports of hypersonic craft sightings over the coast (Tic Tac?).

Cool show so far

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
More on the case from ufo case book

Published: 5:16 PM 8/1/2010
Reed Family Case Coverage by Debbie Kessler, Paralegal ([email protected])

Approved by Thom Reed June 2013 ([email protected])

The historic UFO case of the Reed Family, was assigned a Vallee classification of “CE4” (close encounter of the 4th kind), with a case category of 3 (physical evidence). The case has many layers and is deeply entwined and remains one of a few CE4 cases to be mentioned within the walls of the United Nations.

The evidence in this case would include a significant amount of radiation, and strong magnetic fields, and is one of a few to have been collected and documented by those in law enforcement. It includes a history of testimony gleaned from conscious recollections, an abundance of documentation, administrative testing, and official reports, followed by dark consequences. The history involves Marian Burrows, grandmother, Nancy Reed, mother, and the two brothers, Thom and Matthew.

Reed family abductions
edit on 6-7-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Nice man. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
1969, a busy year for ufology

~~~~ Final report of University of Colorado UFO study combines negative summary with positive portions of text.

~~~~ U.S. Air Force uses University of Colorado report as basis for closing Project Blue Book.

~~~~ Air Force scientist quantifies temperature inversions, concluding that few, if any, UFO sightings are caused by mirages.

~~~~ Annual meeting of American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) includes UFO session despite strenuous objections from Donald Menzel.

~~~~ Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) established by Walter Andrus to stress field investigations.

Probably the most credible witness of a UFO event would be former US President Jimmy Carter during his tenure as Governor of Georgia. On January 6,1969, he claimed to have seen a large object about the size of the moon which changed colours. He supposedly went on to state that should he ever become President, he would make every report of UFO sightings public.

During his presidential election campaign of 1976, he told reporters:

"It was the darndest thing I've ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colors and it was about the size of the moon. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was. One thing's for sure, I'll never make fun of people who say they've seen unidentified objects in the sky. If I become president, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and the scientists."

Jimmy carter UFO sighting account

edit on 7-7-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Date: April 12, 1969

Pori, a city on the southwestern coast of Finland, has an airfield used by both civilian and military airplanes. On April 12, 1969, the Finnish Air Force was holding a training camp there.

About 20 pilots observed 7 yellow spheres appearing in the sky and hovering above the field.

Pilot observes seven spheres - 1969

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

You’re welcome.

Some of us have trouble remembering what we were doing a week ago, or even last night. But Tom Warner, of Great Barrington, Mass., can say exactly where he was on the evening of September 1, 1969.

Berkshire ufo

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

That looks like a skitter from "Falling Skies". I wonder if one influenced the other.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Only problem is... They're just regurgitating all the same stuff from every single UFO documentary out there. The only new addition is the tic tac UFO and that's been played over and over into oblivion as well.

Not to mention - those shows would be more enjoyable if they didn't use opinion as facts and constantly stretch the truth in every single situation. Every time I see the same faces, I immediately feel like they've already discredited the information contained.

You have a supposed Edgar Casey reincarnate who left that gig to sell books. Some guy that looks like he's lost his red stapler again and of course... "Aliens" bad hair day. Add in a few semi new faces (although the new dame is pretty hot... I'd buy her... umm... book). Old lizard face Linda ... Man... Does the sight of her make anyone else sick? She looks like botox gone bad - and those eye brows. I mean.. wtf is up with those things! If anything, she's an alien herself.

I can't help but to feel that these shows are all BS and these guys are trying to scavenge what little crumbs they can just to sell you a book that says the same thing as the other guy.

I can't forget the white guy who dresses like an african native and claims to have some lineage with them, with the wall of his own books behind him in every scene....

...and that sellout Noory.

Oops. Just realized I was thinking about Ancient Aliens series but I stand by my words on cookie cutter shows.
edit on 7-7-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Don’t watch the shows then. It is a simple disconnect one can make. Unsolved mysteries went with abduction not just lights in the sky and that’s the hardest pill to swallow for any real skeptic as it should be.

George Noory is nary a mention in all of this. But just because one associates themselves with an idea it does not mean they become or fully represent that idea.

edit on 7-7-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
1969, a busy year for ufology
…...
Probably the most credible witness of a UFO event would be former US President Jimmy Carter during his tenure as Governor of Georgia. On January 6,1969, he claimed to have seen a large object about the size of the moon which changed colours.

Please catch up. Carter's sighting has been identified, even to his own satisfaction, as a NASA-launched 'barium cloud' rocket from Eglin AFB. It was even in the local newspapers the next day.

I humbly suggest that the handling of this particular case underscores the investigative incompetence of the entire world UFO community. Their guiding principle seems to be that no famous person's UFO story should EVER be checked too closely since their famous name is good propaganda for the cause, and it's self-defeating to actually risk 'solving' such cases and lose the public relations value.

Once the actual date/time was determined [NOBODY on the pro-UFO side even bothered] and then local newspapers for subsequent days were searched [NOBODY on the pro-UFO side even bothered], the rocket explanation would have fallen into their laps.

But.
It.
Didn't.

edit on 7-7-2020 by JimOberg because: add images

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: StallionDuck

Don’t watch the shows then. It is a simple disconnect one can make. Unsolved mysteries went with abduction not just lights in the sky and that’s the hardest pill to swallow for any real skeptic as it should be.

George Noory is nary a mention in all of this. But just because one associates themselves with an idea it does not mean they become or fully represent that idea.

Read up to the end of my response which I added long before you responded.

Again... I stand by my words. Cookie cutter shows with no real content.

Ps... I wont watch them. I hadn't intended on it.
edit on 7-7-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Great. Thanx.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Binged the entire season. It's not what you think. I won't post any spoilers but I'll just say it's not in the same vein as the original series

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is the best news! I used to watch this with my mom on occasion growing up. I was always creeped out by the theme song.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Same here (binged whole series) I wonder though if anyone shares my issue?
I'm not a fan of the 1 mystery per show, then fill her up with a bunch of stretched out interviews and filler in my opinion. They seemed light on content for a series launch.
Not without intrigue but a different beast!

reply to: TXRabbit

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
To me the interviews for this case in episode 5 of the new Unsolved Mysteries features the most credible seeming group of people that I have ever herd speak about the same UFO incident.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Overall, I enjoyed the series (and I certainly hope Netflix picks up another season).

I saved the UFO episode for last, not sure what to expect because of the seriousness of the other episodes.

Unfortunately, almost immediately I was disappointed.

Warning: Spoiler if anyone hasn’t watched yet and plans to

Right out of the gate... the elderly woman spoke about seeing the most amazing thing to ever cross her path, also seen by her young son yet the two of them never spoke about it for decades. While I can believe that a mother may not want to burden her child with something like that, I find it difficult to believe that the child would hold something like that a secret.... because.... grandma said to. As a parent.... that’s a tough sell.

Then, the rest of the claims were of the regular run of the mill UFO documentary type. Of course this is entirely my opinion but as a whole, none of it felt believable to me. Just a typical UFO documentary with good production value.

By the end of it, I just assumed that in order to appeal to the widest base possible, they show-horned in a UFO episode. I understand that and I certainly don’t blame them for it, but it was definitely the weakest link in the series.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I thought the first episode was about UFO's . Nope its ;ike episode 5 or so. Yeah, the few other episodes were basically murder mystery stuff like Dateline etc. Not very compelling and mostly a far cry from the original series, disappointing and (IMO) just not very good or interesting

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
Unsolved Mysteries dropped on 7/2/2020. The first episode deals with a sighting in The Birkshires area of NE and has some interesting eyewitness testimony of what they say, granted it was awhile ago. They even touch on Navy pilot reports of hypersonic craft sightings over the coast (Tic Tac?).

Cool show so far

East of the Berkshires in Massachusetts sits Westover airbase, which at one time housed nuclear-equipped bombers and an alternate SAC command base. I honestly don't know its status now, but I do drive by it on occasion; have even seen fighters taking off from the airfield (I'm sure Zaphod knows what type of gear flies in/out of there), part of which is perpendicular to I-90.

Mark McCandlish has spoken about a UFO sighting in the 60's at Westover, where a UFO allegedly hovered over the area where nuclear ordinance was stored.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join