It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed White Man Shot by Black Officers in Chicago

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This story won’t get attention. Anything that doesn’t fit black people being victims and white people being evil won’t get run. It’s not about police, that’s just the latest flavor. If it was people would stop fighting ALL lives matter and focus on police reform. It’s about race war now. NEEDLESS.
a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Color shouldn't be important here, but here we are. In the words of Chris Rock "Black people way too happy and white people way to upset".

Just observe other sources for a few days and tell me if I'm wrong :-)

Police and all that support their behavior have been out of control for far too long.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Yep
Police need better training.
And in this case, more exercise.

Sadly, all the training in the world won't change the fact that the cities that employ them grant them immunity from prosecution while on duty.

Which is exactly why they act the way they were trained to act.

Plausible deniability.= zero fiscal liability.....

Yeah that's not true. They're immune from financial liability. If they unlawfully injure or kill someone, they can and do still face criminal charges.

...but will they?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Sooooo.... when do we of the caucasian persuasion get to start rioting, looting, setting these mofo cities to burn, demanding Jackie Robinson and MLK statues get torn down, blocking traffic, #WLM, calling for everyone with ears to listen to say the name of Ariel Roman, and otherwise acting a fool because the officers involved were a different hue than the unarmed criminal they saw a need to give a lead supplement to?

Never.

And neither do the Hispanics that have also been unjustly killed by police.

When do we stop playing the race card game and feeding the crazy?

When do we admit that this is a POLICING PROBLEM and not a racism problem and demand it be acknowledged, addressed, and dealt with as such???

But it IS a racism problem. As you can see in the video, the evidence is clear. Two cops attempted to murder someone and no one will say squat because the two cops were not white.

Had they been white and the victim black, it would have been such a different outcome.

That's the problem. If it's not racist, they're (the powers and media) are making it racist. They're making us watch one hand give out justice while the other none. Then they switch it around and the end result...

We're mad at blacks just as blacks are mad at whites. That's the goal, at least that I can see. They want this so they divide us by playing us against one another. Sadly... we're sucking it up.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

That was what I was wondering about after I watched the video.

Soooo, all jokes aside, what are these untrained cops supposed to do if the guy doesn't comply or is unable to because he is under the influence or one or both cops are not strong enough to restrain...should they just let him go? Keep trying to chase down, keep tasing? Cops and experts, please chime in.

*Raises Hand*

I know I know....

Stop... Go back to their department... Turn in their badge... Find another job that doesn't require them to be physically fit and mentally competent.

Otherwise, if they had used both of their tasers, they might have had a chance.

Call for backup.

Stop trying to wrestle someone more fit than you or less sober than you.

Follow him until backup arrives if they need to.

Utilize videos, pictures, whatever was taken at the time as evidence to track the guy down later if need be... with backup.

At no time should she have even pulled her gun or made such a statement. They both incriminated themselves as soon as one said "shoot him" and the other complied a bit later. The guys hands were visible through out the ordeal. He made it a point to keep them out.

At the end when she shot him, he looked like he was just trying to get a handle and catch his breath. He wasn't running, he was walking like friggin Frankenstein!

Why didn't they just give him a citation? They could have blocked his way and waited if they really needed to arrest him.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty
This really is a tragedy for the people involved. But I think (if I as a white man it’s my place to presume) that the issue black people have is that this happens to them far more often.

For context I think BLM has been hijacked by people with their own agendas and I definitely don’t believe in the quota system that many employers are adopting in an effort to virtue signal. Example: A well educated, privileged middle class black person gets priority over a poor, under-privileged hard working white person for a job... No, the solutions to the inequity need to be far more nuanced than swapping one imbalance for another.

However, with unarmed black people undoubtably being killed by police far more than white, there is indeed a problem that needs solving.

So where is the problem?

Aggressive police or aggressive "victims" ?

Based on my own experience... the problem lies with the suspect in 'almost' all situations where the outcome is NOT peaceful.

It doesn't boil down to black and white in my opinion but instead, aggression vs non-aggression.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I don’t care what color he is or anything else about him. He could have wrestled a gun away from one of those cops and killed both of them. When you break the law, get caught and resist arrest, everything that happens afterward is on you.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So your ok either beating someone into submission. Can you elaborate the difference between beating someone into submission and beating them to death? How many blows is enough do you think?

a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

That's the problem. If it's not racist, they're (the powers and media) are making it racist. They're making us watch one hand give out justice while the other none. Then they switch it around and the end result...

We're mad at blacks just as blacks are mad at whites. That's the goal, at least that I can see. They want this so they divide us by playing us against one another. Sadly... we're sucking it up.

This is the problem!!!

Racism is A problem... but THEE problem is that certain factions are propagandizing and weaponizing the racism of some to create this division and animosity, to bring rebellion, to break the people and this nation.

When the media and our politicians are treating us like mushrooms, WE have to break that cycle. Police brutality isn't wrong because of race, but because brutality is wrong. Police brutality isn't only inflicted upon Black people, it's inflicted upon people of ALL races. Police brutality isn't only committed by White officers, it's committed by officers of ALL races. And further, not ALL examples of police using lethal force are unjustified, but too many incidences of lethal force ARE unjustified.

WE must make the distinctions that the PTB don't want made!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Unarmed White Man Shot by Black Officers in Chicago

White Lives Matter!

Defund the police,and get the ropes ready for whatever statues are left.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
White people do respond like that....

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
These were very poorly trained and out of shape officers .

If this guys has a long rap sheet he may be a hero?

Who the heck protests and acts violent over something like this?

And politicians pander to them.

Something very strange about the way they behave

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
I don’t care what color he is or anything else about him. He could have wrestled a gun away from one of those cops and killed both of them. When you break the law, get caught and resist arrest, everything that happens afterward is on you.

But he did nothing of the sort. Just like she could have kept her sidearm holstered but she did nothing of the sort.

You only apply a the minimal level of force to affect the situation. They applied force from the start and stepped it up on their own by their own actions.

Legally, NO officer would have gotten away with that. That is a blatant misuse of force and by the words and actions of those officers, it's attempted murder.

You can't shoot someone for resisting arrest just because they didn't comply with you. His hands were visible and he obviously wasn't reaching for either of their guns. He was squirming at best.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Another example of piss poor training, piss poor officers, who are out of control, I just can't see shooting was appropriate. And, of course, if the dude complied, this would not of happened..everybody is in the wrong here.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Until they stop resisting. Sorry, not sorry.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

But he did nothing of the sort. Just like she could have kept her sidearm holstered but she did nothing of the sort.

You only apply a the minimal level of force to affect the situation. They applied force from the start and stepped it up on their own by their own actions.

Legally, NO officer would have gotten away with that. That is a blatant misuse of force and by the words and actions of those officers, it's attempted murder.

You can't shoot someone for resisting arrest just because they didn't comply with you. His hands were visible and he obviously wasn't reaching for either of their guns. He was squirming at best.
I guess they should have just let him go then. No, sir, he’s dangerous until he’s cuffed, and he wouldn’t let them cuff him. I have zero sympathy.
edit on 7-7-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

I guess they should have just let him go then. No, sir, he’s dangerous until he’s cuffed, and he wouldn’t let them cuff him. I have zero sympathy.

Meh

The police in this case were the dangerous ones.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: Athetos

Until they stop resisting. Sorry, not sorry.

I had a police officer claim I was resisting once, he had just pulled my arm out of the socket doing some fake karate blsht because he couldnt control someone complying during a stop and frisk - ended up in jail for 3 days because I didnt have an ID - I was a Junior in High School....
edit on 7-7-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

Those 2 cops have to be the most incompetent bafoons I have ever seen in my life.

They MUST lose their jobs and face murder charges.

Murder charges? seems as excessive as the force the police shown initially, nothing better than fake charges in a court of law

Not what I would do.

But the precedence has been set by black criminals who were killed by White police.

Hold them to the EXACT same standards.

Or is equality racist too?

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join