It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99% of COVID cases are 'totally harmless'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That makes no sense in the context of the conversation.
But never mind.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Xtrozero

Have 130,000 people died in car crashes in the past 4 months?

It's been here much longer than 4 months.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Trump is right on so many issues but gets vilified for speaking the truth. The death rate for Covid 19 is well less than 1% and 90% of cases being not serious is probably spot on. Maybe even higher. I'd say 20 times the number of confirmed cases is ball park conservative estimate of those who have contracted it. It could easily be a lot higher.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Subsonic
99% of cars will never run anyone over. 99% of guns will never shoot anyone. 99% of pancakes will never choke anyone. 99% of vaccines will never autism a child. I could do this all day! Let's be unreasonably afraid of everything that might do us harm!

And yes, I just used autism as a verb. You're welcome.

It's the 1% possibility that keeps many awake at night. Paranoid and petrified with fear. What a shame.

Media has a way of playing on people's fears. They provide no context and often sensationalize the occurrences to make people believe things are more common than they are....

The odds of catching and dying from COVID for those under 44 are practically zero. Even people who are reasonably healthy between 45--70 have next to no chance of dying from COVID.

Yes, if you are already gravely ill, unhealthy, and over 70... then yes, Covid can be a serious complication. However, we should not be shutting down society over the risk to a small demographic.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
ahhchewwwwy

flu pneumonia 🥶🥶

cancel cult 🥶🥶

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You’re close to the answer... do you think everyone who had the virus was tested? Do believe half? A 1/4? The reality is more people have the virus than have been tested for it, this is an irrefutable fact. How many more people have it than have been tested is an unknown. But 13m-38m people in the US as an estimate for how many in total out of the 350 million people we have? When it’s suppose to be highly contagious etc? Seems quite plausible...

You have to admit the reality more people with the virus are out there than have been tested positive for it.

a reply to: jtma508

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What a dolt. Do you think the number of positive tested cases is the actual number of people carrying the virus? You’re math is flawed as you’re using incomplete data...

a reply to: hutch622

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
The "99" was not literal. To everyone without TDS, it means that the VAST majority of people infected are not going to die. It really is that simple.

Ah the old, "It's exactly what he said, but it's not what he meant" argument. It HAS to be exhausting for you all.

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff
95 days seems like a long time to have Covid. My understanding was that it lasted two or three weeks.

The first person I knew who caught it spent 42 days in the hospital, moments from death for about 3 weeks of that. Months later he can still barely walk. Had to invest in a mobility scooter to get around. I know 4 more people who have tested positive in the last week. I really hope they don't get that bad. One of them is my brother, an avid Trumper who has called this a hoax all along, and he's REALLY sick.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

The "99" was not literal. To everyone without TDS, it means that the VAST majority of people infected are not going to die. It really is that simple.

Ah the old, "It's exactly what he said, but it's not what he meant" argument. It HAS to be exhausting for you all.

95 days seems like a long time to have Covid. My understanding was that it lasted two or three weeks.

The first person I knew who caught it spent 42 days in the hospital, moments from death for about 3 weeks of that. Months later he can still barely walk. Had to invest in a mobility scooter to get around. I know 4 more people who have tested positive in the last week. I really hope they don't get that bad. One of them is my brother, an avid Trumper who has called this a hoax all along, and he's REALLY sick.

Most people are in fact smart enough to know when someone says 99% of X, they are speaking figuratively, not literally. The point is for the vast majority, Covid is in fact harmless or no worse than any other sickness.

Some of you libs will literally argue over the color of the sky... Trump will say the sky is blue and then one of you hacks will come back saying, "Trump lied! The sky isn't blue, it is actually more an aquamarine color!"

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Well some people do draw the short straw, that's how statistics work. I guess you could call them the 1%ers.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Turn off the news and ask people - in socal people were getting sick in mid December, spoke to one that claimed in late November, all the symptoms - down for 2 days and nothing else. Happened to my family, happened to me - same thing.

Over and over hundreds of times I have heard the same story from different people.

The only one I have spoken to that had anyone die, their dad died of a brain tumor and it was listed as covid related.

I am more concerned that something else is going on - a 48 hour reset is so common,, it makes me wonder. The shot Show flu as its called every year hit hundreds of people in the industry super hard this year, like never before and thats 50K people from all over the world in Vegas in early January.
edit on 7-7-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If it is harmless, why the big reaction over 9-11 with much less fatalities and economic impact compared.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
CareWeMust, a radical Trump supporter, just admitted in his post the DEATH RATE is 4%! That proves “99% harmless” is false.

Plus, we have over 100,000 deaths in the U.S. already. That is 50 TIMES the amount of people Who died on 9/11. And the virus is still growing exponentially.
edit on 10amFri, 10 Jul 2020 00:54:05 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 10amFri, 10 Jul 2020 00:54:26 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

People who claim they had COVID in the winter and that it was mild are confused. It was mild because it wasn’t COVID.

One of my friends refuses to wear a mask and goes on and on about how he got Covid in December and it was no big deal.

Poor guy will get knocked off his ass when he finally catches it if he had such a hard time with the regular cold or flu.
edit on 10amFri, 10 Jul 2020 00:57:25 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

While determining the actual case death rate is problematic because the true prevalence of infection is unknown, there is another metric available, using known figures.

There are 125,590 deaths attributed to COVID.
There are 969,111 recorded recoveries.

A total of 1,094,701 "resolved" cases. Out of 3+ million.

Of the cases with known outcomes, 11.4% have resulted in death.

This is a moving target, as for any situation in flux. But should it be ignored?

covidtracking.com...

edit on 7/10/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm not sure the death rate is the same as the infection fatality rate, but it has dropped substantially, from the CDC, via CNN.

The CDC is now including an infection fatality ratio, which takes into account both symptomatic and asymptomatic cases (in the estimates published in May, the agency only included fatality ratio for symptomatic cases). Under the "best estimate" scenario, the infection fatality ratio is 0.65%, meaning that 0.65% of people infected with Covid-19 are thought to die.

www.cnn.com...

So, since it was CNN, I got this
www.cdc.gov...

And, an international source
internationalfreepress.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The situation is in an extreme state of flux. I don't think any definitive conclusions can be reached except that:

Y infections = x hospitalizations = z deaths

We are seeing more of each.

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The situation is in an extreme state of flux. I don't think any definitive conclusions can be reached except that:

Y infections = x hospitalizations = z deaths

We are seeing more of each.

Typical and classic moving of the goal posts when presented with facts from multiple sources, one of which is the eminent CDC that has been touted as the standard to follow when arguing FOR mask usage. But when their data disagrees with your narrative, it's all "in flux" now and we can't know.

What happened to you Phage? Years ago you would honor the data and put aside political partisanship. But, not now.

How the respected has fallen.

I fully expect a one-liner deflection in response from you.

edit on 7/12/2020 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
COVID is a non issue unless you are morbidly obese, seriously ill, or over 70 years old.

I workout every day, I eat healthy and I'll never wear a stupid mask. I had coronavirus and it gave me a dry cough for 2 nights. People need to start taking better care of themselves. Personal responsibility.
edit on CDT11America/Chicago232020202071220202020-07-12T23:16:29-05:00 by TheGoondockSaint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

a reply to: darkbake

While determining the actual case death rate is problematic because the true prevalence of infection is unknown, there is another metric available, using known figures.

There are 125,590 deaths attributed to COVID.
There are 969,111 recorded recoveries.

A total of 1,094,701 "resolved" cases. Out of 3+ million.

Of the cases with known outcomes, 11.4% have resulted in death.

This is a moving target, as for any situation in flux. But should it be ignored?

covidtracking.com...

It should not be ignored, but should it be used to directly affect policy?

The 'death attributed' numbers are controversial because we have heard multiple reports that they are inflated or misdiagnosed. Even Birx said she would not trust 25% of those numbers.

The 'recorded recoveries' is really not a useful number because they are only the resolution of detected infections, when we don't know how many actual infections there are. Only people who are tested (like meat packers or other professions-of-interest) or who feel sick actually go in.

So we have a numerator that is probably lower and a denominator that is likely higher. We don't know by how much either value should be a adjusted.

If you are using the total number of positive cases (currently 3,291,969) and attributed deaths (currently 127,677) then the percentage becomes 3.88% of diagnosed cases lead to death. But even those numbers are questionable.

As of March, the CDC was saying "For COVID-19, data to date suggest that 80% of infections are mild or asymptomatic, 15% are severe infection, requiring oxygen and 5% are critical infections, requiring ventilation"

www.who.int...#:~:text=For%20COVID%2D19%2C,i nfections%2C%20requiring%20ventilation.

So if only 20% require medical attention, then for every 1 positive case there are 4 that may have not been tested because they didn't feel the need to go to a doctor. Shift that down to 3 cases to take into account hypochondriacs or other reasons. That would shift the number of people who have been exposed from 3.2M to 9.6M.

127,677 / 9,600,000 = 1.33%

Shift it back to 4 cases not tested for every 1 positive test, i.e. 12.8M positive cases, and the percentage becomes 0.997%. or 1.0%

This is not meant to defend what Trump said... I think he needs a filter most times and a frikkin' muffler when he talks about extremely technical topics. More specifically I think he needs to avoid technical topics, period. But we are not seeing 11.4% mortality.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join