It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

99% of COVID cases are 'totally harmless'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: panoz77
The "99" was not literal. To everyone without TDS, it means that the VAST majority of people infected are not going to die. It really is that simple.

Spending weeks sick and in the hospital is "totally harmless?"

Some have symptoms, some don't. Some get a cold, aches and dry cough for a week like me (not among the counted numbers as I just thought I had the flu) and others get it a bit worse. Most people don't go the hospital for the flu, unless they have been convinced (by the media) if they get it they will die. In fact, I would surmise that most people who go to the hospital are increasing their chances of getting worse because they are getting a much higher virus load from the other infected patients.
edit on 6-7-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

They are not admitted to the hospital because their symptoms are "totally harmless."

In fact, I would surmise that most people who go to the hospital are increasing their chances of getting worse because they are getting a much higher virus load from the other infected patients.
That is not the way it works. Viral load is the amount of virus contained in an infected person's body fluids. There are millions upon millions of replications going on inside the body of an infected person, increasing the number and spreading the particles. Inhaling a small amount of virus particles does not change one's viral load. The only thing that does that is if the disease is progressing, or the patient is recovering.

Viral load, also known as viral burden, viral titre or viral titer, is a numerical expression of the quantity of virus in a given volume of fluid; sputum[1] and blood plasma[2] being two bodily fluids.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The "99" was not literal. To everyone without TDS, it means that the VAST majority of people infected are not going to die. It really is that simple.

Exactly,
Nick Cordero has died, R.I.P., after what? 95 days or something, in varying conditions, including amputation of his leg from blood clotting.
How many more are like that.
Some medical teams, in some places, are now using transfusion to oxygenate a patients blood rather that use the ventilators that caused lung scarring.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

No, it's not. Why do you ask a question like that?

Jesus!

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: MRinder

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: MRinder

I think more specifically this one , most regular politicians lie using statistics or word manipulation this one just habitually lies.

They ALL habitually lie. You have my condolences if you haven't caught on to that fact yet.

I find it refreshing that Trump lies all by himself.

Most of them have writers.

Steven Miller is still the official speechwriter, maybe he likes to do tweets well...certainly the Tweet spellang...
has improve over time.
edit on 6-7-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Here's the math 2,980,556 cases divided by 132,342 deaths = a ratio of one in every 22.5216 people contracting covid die , or as a percentage 4.4 percent . A common flue this is not .

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
Here's the math 2,980,556 cases divided by 132,342 deaths = a ratio of one in every 22.5216 people contracting covid die , or as a percentage 4.4 percent . A common flue this is not .

0.4% at best

You should probably quarantine yourself with your blanky.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

You will have now be informed that there are far more people infected than are tested. Which is true. At this point the actual CDR is a moving target and not all that relevant.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Or give it as a gift to someone unsuspecting.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

0.4% at best

Trump was talking about positive test cases, not unknown cases.

Now we have tested almost 40 million people. By so doing, we show cases. 99% of which are totally harmless.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You can only do the math with figures provided ,and yes its true some if not even many cases are not recorded how do you put a number on that .

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

You can't. That's the point.

But Trump was not talking about unknown cases. And he's getting backup from no one on his claim, even his FDA Commissioner.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   

No, but most rational people with even rudimentary understanding of statistics realize that the odds are in their favor and hence prefer to get on with their lives.

NYC is a city of 8 million people. They've had 18,500 COVID deaths. Only about 750 were people under 44 years old and the vast majority of those were extremely unhealthy. Kids are practically ZERO. So why are we shutting schools down again?

So no, I am not freaking out about Covid. For the vast majority of people, it is the freaking flu....

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

So no, I am not freaking out about Covid.

Good for you. I'm not either.

But I am using some common sense.

link   

Dont need a blanky where i live . Zero cases of local transmission for weeks now . Victoria on the other hand are seeing a surge again . Hows Ohio going .

link   

You can only do the math with figures provided ,and yes its true some if not even many cases are not recorded how do you put a number on that .

They can extrapolate... plenty of studies done showing infection rate is far higher than reported case numbers. Most saying 10x or more higher. Covid is no where near as deadly as they'd have you believe.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

They can extrapolate... plenty of studies done showing infection rate is far higher than reported case numbers. Most saying 10x or more higher. Covid is no where near as deadly as they'd have you believe.

It's not even that hard to understand. Many of the cases are asymptomatic. By default a lot of people have to be walking around with the virus and have no idea because they just haven't been tested.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Trump was not talking about them. He was talking about those who have tested positive.

Now we have tested almost 40 million people. By so doing, we show cases, 99% of which are totally harmless.

Trump doesn't like cases. More testing means more cases. Right?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

plenty of studies

Show me just one . Some bloke on youtube doesnt count . You know something like a peer reviewed paper .

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

If more doctors and coroners would follow this CDC Covid-19 death certification guidance published in April, we could really get the Covid-19 deaths ramped up to fearsome levels!

April CDC Guidance to Medical Personnel and Coroners: www.cdc.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join