It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Parilment slams human trafficking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
LIVE: UK Foreign Secretary Raab to announce sanctions against foreign nationals

UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab addresses parliament on Monday, July 6, as the country is expected to impose sanctions on dozens of foreign nationals over their involvement in human rights violations.

The measures will reportedly target individuals from Russia, Saudi Arabia and North Korea who will face visa ban and freezing of their financial assets.

This is the first time UK will impose sanctions independently since its exit from the European Union. NEWS USE ONLY. STRICTLY NOT TO BE USED IN ANY COMEDY/SATIRICAL PROGRAMMING OR FOR ADVERTISING PURPOSES. ONLINE USE PERMITTED

With Maxwell recently hitting the headlines, it is like the deep state has had time to sort its options out and now boom, boom, boom, the best is yet to come. The first 15 minuets is the usual dry political stuff, it then starts to warm up with its military stuff, FUBAR is locked and loaded. At the 30 min mark the UK Foreign minister then talks about a clamp down on the evidence backed human trafficking network.

What I found reassuring was the bipartisan support and complete disgust by many members. It is still early days, the signal is Prince Andrew is screwed.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
It is still early days, the signal is Prince Andrew is screwed.

Screwed how? They aren't going to prosecute him. He even got away with allowing those two kiddie-rapists, Spacey and Maxwell, to sit on Queenie's chairs. If that didn't get him in trouble nothing will.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Sure, I get it. When your mum is is charge of a nations it has its perks. The judiciary and Mi5 have a great reputation of nothing to see here folks. To see the legislative finally come together and speak of some of these unspeakables, it makes me proud and gives me hope of the sacrifices that have been made.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Just a distraction. "Look we're doing something! ...just not what would be right..."

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

What they should do to these people is the same thing they did to Mel Gibson after he kicked their ass in Scotland, pull some rope out of them.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'm all for chemical castration, they're never allowed near children for life and also probation with counselling for the rest of their life.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Just a distraction. "Look we're doing something! ...just not what would be right..."

Time will tell. When this is the position taken in the UK Parliament it a good bet.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
What I found reassuring was the bipartisan support and complete disgust by many members. It is still early days, the signal is Prince Andrew is screwed.

To be honest, bi-partisan support would have been predictable. Who's going to come out publicly against measures like this? Especially when they're directed against foreigners. That's the easy road, politically.

edit on 6-7-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

As much as I dislike Andrew and everything he represents he hasn't done anything illegal in this country so why should he be prosecuted over here?

The age of consent in the UK is 16 years old and its not against the law to sit on Liz's throne(s).

He is an odious little creature as is evidenced by his choice of friends and his casual dismissal of peoples concerns surrounding his actions etc.

Of course he should 'help' the FBI with their investigation and if found to have broken any US laws whilst over there he should be prosecuted accordingly.

I'd like to see him stripped of his titles, his bank accounts emptied and all his properties and assets seized.
Give him a council flat in a high rise on some run down council estate and see how he gets on.....I think it'd be an interesting social experiment worthy of a fly on the wall TV documentary.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Reasonable perspective. When it comes to human trafficking, the fact that this topic even touched public parliamentary discussion has got me feeling like I fell into the twilight zone. The timing with the Maxwell arrest is... convenient?

In terms of turning the strong political unison presented in this parliamentary session into some kind of real world affect is yet to be seen. Will it just be another way to persecute minorities while keeping the status quo? It has been the easy road.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It is still early days, the signal is Prince Andrew is screwed

Hell yeah.
This is what can happen when we force this darkness into the light.

WHy are women not marching on the street about this issue?

If I go to a Black lives matter protest I am going to ask the women there " why are you not marching against sex traficking?" " why are you not seeking justice for the multiple vitctims of Maxwelland Epstein??"
edit on 6-7-2020 by American-philosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I dunno. The UK is the most corrupt country in the world. Without the hundreds of billions we launder from Russia, mafias and cartels each year we'd be a third world country. I'd be very surprised if any legislation with teeth was applied,, it's not an area politicians like to pay more than lip service to.

There were attempts to investigate Russian dirty money in 2018 but the NCA were ordered by the Foreign Office to close down the investigation. Parliament conducted a whitewash one in its place.
edit on 6-7-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

If, and its a big if, they actually mean to target people actively involved in human trafficking then it can only be commended.
I can't help but think that the 'big fish' will go untouched and it'll be minor players who are targeted.

The cynic in me thinks this is just the usual empty bluster and political rhetoric.....let's hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

The UK is the most corrupt country in the world.

Of course it is.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Sounds surprising but it is according to the main anti mafia investigators - www.independent.co.uk...

“If I asked you what is the most corrupt place on Earth you might tell me well it’s Afghanistan, maybe Greece, Nigeria, the South of Italy and I will tell you it’s the UK.

“It’s not the bureaucracy, it’s not the police, it’s not the politics but what is corrupt is the financial capital. 90 per cent of the owners of capital in London have their headquarters offshore.

“Jersey and the Cayman’s are the access gates to criminal capital in Europe and the UK is the country that allows it. That is why it is important why it is so crucial for me to be here today and to talk to you because I want to tell you , this is about you, this is about your life, this is about your government.”

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I'm all for chemical castration, they're never allowed near children for life and also probation with counselling for the rest of their life.

Nah, chop off their junk and their hands. Bosh, done.

OK I'm in the wrong country for that 😕

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Prince Andrew ‘must cooperate’ over Epstein after Ghislaine Maxwell charged - BBC Newsnight

With the BBC being one of the main UK media outlets, they are on board with the agenda set by parliament and keeping the pressure up on Prince Andrew.

If / when Prince Andrew is to fall it is a clear sign that no one is above the law any longer.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Im for that too, after they have been hung..
edit on 41731America/ChicagoTue, 07 Jul 2020 00:41:49 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I'm not surprised at the financial impropriety that goes on in The City or London's investment and banking institutions.
Nor I am surprised at their complete lack of moral fortitude or ethical governance.
And I have no doubt that corruption of maybe a more subtle type is relatively commonplace in Westminster.
I am more than aware of the amount of illicit money flowing into our capital.
My only surprise would be if someone was surprised.

But compared to the frequency and acceptance of corruption in almost every aspect of life in numerous countries around the world I find it hard to accept that 'The UK is the most corrupt country in the world'.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I’m dubious of this tbh. They want to look like they are doing something without actually doing it.

When they go after certain wealthy individuals in the UK and US who were associates of a particular hedge fund manager, then i shall applaud them.

The rot and corruption runs deep in the west. Remember Savile? That investigation sure petered out quick.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join