It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Mural Defaced

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
America is a truly divided nation, all over colour

Only in the inner cities and in media portrayal. There are daily protests going on 20 minutes from me, but outside of the small handful of people going to those, it's life as usual for everyone else.

Removing racist graffiti as shown in the OP is a good step towards lessening any color-based division there may be, though.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TzarChasm

Who's saying black lives don't matter?

The officials murdering them and those who condone it.

More blacks kill blacks than whites kill blacks.

Or is that allowed to say?

No, it isn't allowed to say that, you racist. /sarcasm off

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Sorry but the USA has become a full blown insane asylum, it seems from the outside that the people there have gone completely mad.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The Caucacity!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Black Lives Matter Mural Defaced

Social Justice meets Karmic Justice.

edit on 6-7-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: IAMTAT

Too damn bad.
If I was there I would have helped.
All lives matter.

Why is it so hard for white people to understand that black lives matter does not mean MORE. It just means we all get the same rights, like the right to not be murdered in police custody.

Some white people refuse to see a perspective other than their own.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Only in the inner cities and in media portrayal. There are daily protests going on 20 minutes from me, but outside of the small handful of people going to those, it's life as usual for everyone else.

Removing racist graffiti as shown in the OP is a good step towards lessening any color-based division there may be, though.

How is BLM racist?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

How is BLM racist?

I was gonna play along with you before realizing that was a serious question.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ya that is 3 or 4 nations wide out of 375 million cop encounters. About 40 white people are killed the same...So 40 million blacks to 197 million whites... Statistically a white person has a more likelyhood chance to dying in an unjust killing from cops than blacks do.

You have to use math to get a real comparison between a minority and majority racd. Not just using raw statistics. Otherwise, any majority race will be greatly higher in any statistic.

I feel like alot of people have no idea how to use statistics properly.

edit on 6-7-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

How is BLM racist?

It is.. In general, BLM means that black lives matter. That their equal rights matter. Sure, there are troublesome groups in the BLM movement. But BLM is a far larger movement than any one group.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: IAMTAT

Notice the B is painted over a legal traffic sign? "STOP"

Under California Vehicle Code Section 21464 VC, the following acts are illegal:

Defacing, injuring, attaching any material or substance to, knocking down, removing or shooting at any official traffic control device, traffic guidepost, traffic signpost, motorist callbox or historical marker.

Painting BLM over a literal road sign was an illegal act according to Calfornia law.

The city/State should be sued for endangering public safety.
edit on 6-7-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Is there a reason you want to downplay the severity of police brutality towards black people?

There are three major issues effecting the black community in the USA.

1.) Dissapearance of the family unit and absent fathers (70% of black infants grow up in single parent households)
2.) Black on Black Crime (Black men shoot other black men every other hour in Chicago alone). Black men make up 6% of the US population but are responsible for 50% of homocides and 94% of their victims are black).
3.) Abortions (Black women are 5x more likely to kill their unborn child than White women).

When BLM start addressing these issues, then they will be taken seriously. Instead they want to focus on a lie perpetrated by the media, infiltrated by communists using Marxist tactics. 76% of those killed by American cops are not Black. Sure, 24% is an over-representation, but that's what happens when you are over represented in violence, crimes, and homicides. There have already been peer reviewed studies on this that show black people are actually under represented in being murdered by police, not over-represented. When taken into account face to face meetings with police.

If you play with fire more often than most, you are more likely to get burned.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

How is BLM racist?

It is.. In general, BLM means that black lives matter. That their equal rights matter. Sure, there are troublesome groups in the BLM movement. But BLM is a far larger movement than any one group.

Seriously, look at the actions of the group. I could call a white supremacy group "love for all". It's the "No True Scotsman" fallacy. Its played out and obvious to anyone around this nonsense.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Ahh so because other issues exist, just ignore a systemic issue of police brutality?

BLM is not just a racial issue, but in general is leading alot of people to question the state of our police system.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Ahh so because other issues exist, just ignore a systemic issue of police brutality?

BLM is not just a racial issue, but in general is leading alot of people to question the state of our police system.

Police reform is absolutely necessary. But I dont believe there's a systemic racial problem. Read that carefully.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
Sorry but the USA has become a full blown insane asylum, it seems from the outside that the people there have gone completely mad.
That's the media filter you've willingly consumed without question, none of it is true, I should know, I'm from here.

Try not to be so easily fooled.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Thousands and thousands of peaceful protesters white and black say different. Keep focusing on the negative and hate.

I have a feeling that you and many others want to call everyone in the movement racist because actually acknowledging black issues would require looking at a perspective outsidd your own race and experiences.

Most people see BLM as a message of civil rights. Only a portion of white people who refuse to acknowledge or even consider black police issues are the ones spamming "all lives matter" or BLM is racist.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Police reform is absolutely necessary. But I dont believe there's a systemic racial problem. Read that carefully.

Why are more black people killed by cops on average than white? And why does a large majority of black people feel this way?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

well ATS shows the division daily, even your comment of racist graffiti shows division, as the people who originally painted it believed in it

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
is 40k car deaths per year acceptable to you or reality?

most car deaths are accidental barring DUIs, are cop murders accidental

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join