It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Mural Defaced

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

White people understand it just fine...along with anyone else with 2 brain cells. Its a divisive statement and on top of it has nothing to do outwardly with police misconduct...something no race (even your so called privledged whitey) is safe from.

+34 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: IAMTAT

Too damn bad.
If I was there I would have helped.
All lives matter.

Why is it so hard for white people to understand that black lives matter does not mean MORE. It just means we all get the same rights, like the right to not be murdered in police custody.

So only black people are victims of police misconduct? Also, we all ALREADY have the same rights.

Is there a reason you want to downplay the severity of police brutality towards black people?

Is there a reason you want to ignore the severity of black people killing black people while threatening all white people over the actions of a small percentage of police officers?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Who's saying black lives don't matter?

The officials murdering them and those who condone it.

More blacks kill blacks than whites kill blacks.

Or is that allowed to say?

And the SILENCE and INACTION by urban officials, activists, and BLM on this important issue, is what matters.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   

That was very well written, better than a lot I have read.
Just a touch of sarcasm most will miss but sweet

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Why is it so hard for white people to understand that black lives matter does not mean MORE. It just means we all get the same rights, like the right to not be murdered in police custody.

Actually if you listen to the founders it has a foundation on Marxism, so what do you think it is saying if that is what the founders stand for?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

originally posted by: panoz77

Too damn bad.
All lives matter.

So only black people are victims of police misconduct? Also, we all ALREADY have the same rights.

Is there a reason you want to downplay the severity of police brutality towards black people?

Is there a reason you want to ignore the severity of black people killing black people while threatening all white people over the actions of a small percentage of police officers?

No more than the severity of white on white violence while threatening black people all over the actions of a very few.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   

So like 9000 Black on black murders to the 3 from "officials" per year?

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Defacing a public street is not a mural. Thats tax payer owned and the markings on streets are for safety and civility. If city officials approved it they could be liable for millions when any accident happens. Painting over it makes sense.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So like 9000 Black on black murders to the 3 from "officials" per year?

You're totally right. 5 or less is an acceptable number of murders by law enforcement district per fiscal year.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Defacing a public street is not a mural. Thats tax payer owned and the markings on streets are for safety and civility. If city officials approved it they could be liable for millions when any accident happens. Painting over it makes sense.

Tell it to the judge (lol)
edit on 5-7-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

No more than the severity of white on white violence while threatening black people all over the actions of a very few.

The severity of black on black, or black on white is extremely higher, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. How does 13% of the population do more than 50% of ALL murders? How does black murders add up to over 95% blacks killing their own kind?

Whites don't "threaten blacks" sorry to bust your bubble there. Even with cops, with the sheer amount of cop interactions with blacks per year it comes to 100 blacks shot by police, 90 of them have weapons, 6 do not have weapons but are fleeing a crime (I agree very grey there), 3 or 4 actually get killed when it is most likely 100% the cops fault. What is an average weekend in Chicago alone, 20 murders?

Now whites, 400 are killed an 100 are equal to the 9 or 10 blacks in they do not have a weapon... 40 are killed the same way as the black 3...

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Are you actually justifying black people being murdered?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

No I think he is saying you're/their priorities are mixed up. He is making the point that their efforts would save more black lives directed at their own communities.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

ALL people would like the same thing.

Don't you care about other colored skinned people?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

It is basically the same as on white people. There are parts of the US where both the society and Goverment are dysfunctional. Many blacks live in poor dysfunctional areas, so do whites.... The statistics basically say cops are impartial to the people they work around. I agree in these areas we not only need to fix the cops, but we also need to help the community to not be dysfunctional. Floyd didn't deserve to die, but he was by far not a good person...that area is not a good area, the cops mirror where they work, so how do we fix it?

I say fix Chicago first...good start... Been under Liberal rule for over 90 years, the mayor, police chief, lieutenants, much of the force, civil workers etc are minorities, women etc... fix it dammit!

edit on 5-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Too damn bad.
All lives matter.

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that you got it all wrong? So few black people are murdered in police custody. Why is it so hard for some people to understand that more white people are wrongfully killed by police than blacks? The "disproportionate" claim goes out the window when you break it down further than simple race. Take the affluent out of the equation because the police aren't on guard in places where there is almost no crime. Without the affluent in the equation, then it starts becoming much more proportioned.

Why is it so hard for some people to understand that most cops are good? Why is it so hard to understand that black lives matter is inherently racist and ignores the plights of their fellow man in an attempt to make themselves look like victims? Why is it so hard for some people to understand that I'm NOT sorry, and I DON'T think black lives matter more than others?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There it is! The question no one is asking

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Are you actually suggesting that a couple of murders per year by police in any way outweighs the countless murders everyday in the black community by their own?

Redirect your indignation somewhere it might actually have an impact.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I justify 3 or 4 blacks killed by cops as much as I justify 40 whites killed, or 40,000 people killed by car accidents. The statistics do not favor your narrative at all.

In Floyd's case the cop is total crap, needs to go to jail a long time, and will... enough said on that.

What more do you want?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

ALL people would like the same thing.

Don't you care about other colored skinned people?

Actually I don't, so F everyone of any color... If you suck you get your rewards in life, at times I agree it is unjustified as in the case of Floyd, but I'm sure when he stuck as gun in a pregnant black female's belly and said don't move or I will kill you and his team ransacked a single mother's house for anything they could find to buy drugs as she worked hard to make ends meet and if he was killed there then no one would say a thing about it just like the 20 killed last weekend in Chicago... ya f that guy and anyone white, black, green or whatever that is the same, oh F the bad cop too.

edit on 6-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join