It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Town Will Take All The Statues

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Auction the statues and let the owners put them on private property, with or without public access. Maybe make a liability clause where they are immune from lawsuits arising from their display. Done.
edit on 5-7-2020 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The statue of Christopher Columbus that Black Lives Matter protesters tore down and threw into Baltimore’s Inner Harbor on July 4th was dedicated by President Ronald Reagan in October 1984 as a monument to the Italian-American community.

And I'm 'arrogant'.

Christopher Columbus enabled the near annihilation of the native American people. He doesn't deserve to be remembered as a hero.
edit on 6-7-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Christopher Columbus enabled the near destruction of the native American people. He doesn't deserve to be remembered as a hero.

Actually he is not a hero, just a figure of history.... The figure that brought European civilization to the Americas, so the start of the America we have today. You don't like America today, go someplace else that you do like.
edit on 6-7-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
You don't like America today, go someplace else that you do like.

Funny but the tearing down of statues is the America you have today. I guess the group who should actually be looking for someplace else to go might not be the one you are thinking of.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
Funny but the tearing down of statues is the America you have today. I guess the group who should actually be looking for someplace else to go might not be the one you are thinking of.

I could be talking to myself too, I agree. I do have places in other countries so I'm good. So to your point though...As we looked at July 4th and so many liberal Governors, mayors shutting down all events, BLM, ANTIFA ETC. ETC. preaching to have a silent protest where everyone just does nothing to show that solidarity across the nation....

Well that kind of backed fired didn't it... lol

My area was like reenactment of D-Day... Fireworks were sold out, people waited an hour in line to get them, they were EVERYWHERE as Americans celebrated the 4th, so we will see in Nov where that referendum ends up...

Take LA, up to $50k in possible fines...and they didn't give a crap and did this...Even CA might turn red... wouldn't that be a hoot...lol Look at all those FUs to the current CA Goverment...
This was also across the country.

illegal fireworks

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Auction the statues and let the owners put them on private property, with or without public access. Maybe make a liability clause where they are immune from lawsuits arising from their display. Done.

Having a statue on your property would just attract domestic terrorists, and invite trouble needlessly.

I say put them in the memorial park that President Trump is having constructed and filled with statues to honor a whole lot of Modern American Heroes.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

And? No amount of fireworks burned on the 4th is going to put back up the statue of Columbus. That was what was being discussed, right?

People celebrating the 4th, however they did, probably didn't think about that statue being torn down. Why would they even care?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
There was a brush fire in California today that incinerated a massive 300 acres.. almost half the state. Guess who the idiot media blamed?

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Ohio Town Will Take All The Statues

Wouldn't do any good.

Look at what happened to Rushmore.

They'd just bus losers in to destroy them.

How did theses supposed losers destroy the monument? Did they fart toward it? I don't think you can get on top and piss on them.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
As one of the resident ATS left wingers...

I fully condone the removal of all confederate statues, there is no legitimate rationale for them to have ever been erected in the first place let alone still be standing today. Theyre in the history books, no need to honor them with monuments.

I can also get behind the removal of the Columbus statues. He wasnt American, he wasnt the first person to land here like we were all taught, and he was a pretty bad dude.

Outside of that though... the others.. I see no good reason to tear them down.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Christopher Columbus enabled the near destruction of the native American people. He doesn't deserve to be remembered as a hero.

Actually he is not a hero, just a figure of history.... The figure that brought European civilization to the Americas, so the start of the America we have today. You don't like America today, go someplace else that you do like.

And America started with having slaves as the backbown of some state economys.

Should we have fuking slave statues and a national "slave day".

Your logic is ridiculous. Ghengis Khan changed the history of the middle east and asia forever. Should modern people be celebrating him?

Christopher Colombus belongs in a museum or a history book.

The ignorance in your post...

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Ohio is the obvious choice.

After all it was where 13 students protesting the Vietnam war where shot by The Ohio National Guard. Four of them killed.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I think trumps statue garden is a good compromise to all this.
Or stick them in a museum.

This town is being smart to. Will probably bring in tourism if they set it up right.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Why should you allow your nation to lose it's history, YES the confederates were traitors and do not deserve statues, yes some of your founding fathers were not good men and indeed owned slaves both black and white by the way BUT destroying that history is the wrong way to go.

Destroying statues doesn't erase the history here.
The history of the confederacy was not taught to anyone from a statue.
It was taught from schools, libraries, museums, and the internet. Where it is still taught more today than ever before.
Every statue in america could be melted down and I could still sit around reading all day about the accomplishments and positive things that robert e. lee did.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

And? No amount of fireworks burned on the 4th is going to put back up the statue of Columbus. That was what was being discussed, right?

People celebrating the 4th, however they did, probably didn't think about that statue being torn down. Why would they even care?

You missed my point completely...

The narrative being pushed by the far left, progressives, woke, ANTIFA, BLM, news medias is America has always been bad. NYT 1619 project is the top example of that. The author is a white hating Marxist and about 99% of her so called facts have been proven wrong, or even outright lies, but she won a Pulitzer for it.

This is a huge narrative being push to correct this history of America that they are suggesting has been evil for 400 years and is still evil. This is where statues come into the picture as in they are saying that the vast majority of America agrees how evil we are and its just those smaller percent of the "white racist" that disagree.

My point with the 4th is if this all was the case then people would have just stayed home in silent protest for support, and the opposite happened. What this tells us is that this big narrative of evil America is actually a very small group of people and the silent majority of Americans across all parties are seeing the same thing in what these groups are trying to push as the "new norm" and are no were even close in agreement, so come Nov we might be seeing a good number of liberal Governors/mayors get replaced by republicans.

These statues being taken down is on the Governors/mayors hands who are letting these fringe groups do it. Its like the Mayor of Seattle with her "summer of love" for letting CHAZ exist that ended up killing people some were teens. Trump has said he will help any Mayor that asks for it and they not only didn't ask, but supported the take down of the statues.

What happened with the 4th I see as a big FU to these mayors and Governors from the true majority.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There was a brush fire in California today that incinerated a massive 300 acres.. almost half the state. Guess who the idiot media blamed?

They are not ready to give up their narratives just yet. I think even Californians are getting tired of this crap.

I know the Crips in Long Beach are like "all hell NO!" lol

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I didn't miss your point, I said it was irrelevant to the taking down of that statue. You did respond to a post about the Columbus statue being taken down.

Conflating people celebrating the 4th with an FU to mayors/governors for letting statues being taken down is a stretch.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I saw a very, very relevant article today that totally blows all these idiots away. Just explain this to them.
The Nazi death camp Auschwitz killed over a million Jews. The Jews do not want it erased as it's a reminder of the evil that was perpetrated there. Now if these history erasers want to destroy nasty history why don't they demonstrate to destroy Auschwitz and just see what Israel and the Jews say about that.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

And America started with having slaves as the backbown of some state economys.

Should we have fuking slave statues and a national "slave day".

Right up there with Pox and Measles day I would think. You do know EVERYONE had slaves back then. Black, White, American Indian, Middle East, Asian were all slaves. EU countries went to Africa and mostly bought the slaves from tribes there that captured other tribes. In America Indians did the same as in enslaving tribes that lost. Rinse and repeat around the world. We could have a holiday for Emancipation Proclamation, that would be cool and will most likely happen. Juneteenth is kind of BS with no real significance to it though.

Columbus is more about the discovery of the new world. If you want to change that then we can call it 1492 day, how is that...lol

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

With a prosperous Europe and flourishing maritime trade the discovery of the Americas was inevitable.

The Indians days were numbered regardless of who got there first. Most Indians perished thanks to European diseases that while largely harmless to Europeans, such as the common cold, are deadly to and spread rapidly amongst Indians of the time period.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join