It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Town Will Take All The Statues

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
YAY, Ohio!
A town in Ohio has offered to take all the statues removed from other states...specifically, Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Grant...and Columbus.
I'll take a Washington or a Lincoln for the front yard. My lawn jockey is due to be replaced.

The town of Newton Falls, Ohio, has officially declared itself a Statuary Sanctuary City, offering to take the statues of historical figures that have been removed throughout the country and place them in a location of honor in the community, WFMJ reported on Sunday.

City Manager David Lynch signed a proclamation on the Fourth of July declaring a “general amnesty” specifically for the statues of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Ulysses S. Grant, Patrick Henry, Francis Scott Key, Theodore Roosevelt, and Christopher Columbus.

www.newsmax.com...
edit on 5-7-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I wish people would just stop destroying art, so if they are offering a safe place then I am all for it.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
YAY, Ohio!
A town in Ohio has offered to take all the statues removed from other states...specifically, Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Grant...and Columbus.
I'll take a Washington or a Lincoln for the front yard. My lawn jockey is due to be replaces.

The town of Newton Falls, Ohio, has officially declared itself a Statuary Sanctuary City, offering to take the statues of historical figures that have been removed throughout the country and place them in a location of honor in the community, WFMJ reported on Sunday.

City Manager David Lynch signed a proclamation on the Fourth of July declaring a “general amnesty” specifically for the statues of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Ulysses S. Grant, Patrick Henry, Francis Scott Key, Theodore Roosevelt, and Christopher Columbus.

www.newsmax.com...

I said before they should be in a museum, properly documented...I didn't think of it being a town though!

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Why should you allow your nation to lose it's history, YES the confederates were traitors and do not deserve statues, yes some of your founding fathers were not good men and indeed owned slaves both black and white by the way BUT destroying that history is the wrong way to go.

He whom forgets his past is doomed to repeat the errors of that past.

Also bowing down to these forces is wrong, why, who do you think is moving them Soros and co, sorry it's bigger than them think Enemy's of the US, China, Element's within Russia and a few other's that want you DIVIDED so that they can go and conquer while you deal with your own internal mess they have caused and your leaders have failed to address adequately or correctly.

ALL of your political party's need to realize this division is DESTROYING your nation.

But it, this blazing fire set to explode did not start without kindling and that was other element's within your nation, racists on both sides, gang's and scum and criminal's both at street level and in the highest offices of your land that allowed a corrupt judicial system to ignore your citizens right's while making the private owners of the police and prison industry rich as they kidnapped, framed and incarcerated your own people in order to swindled your taxes into there pockets.

Black people are an easy target because racism helped incarcerate so many of them, they are usually too poor to afford high quality legal representation BUT they are not alone, there are Hispanics and so called trailer trash and homeless are also disproportionately imprisoned, why because they are easier to pin something on than a relatively well off middle class guy that can afford a decent legal representative.

You have to stop seeing, Black, White, Yellow or bronze and start seeing American's.

edit on 5-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
History isn't history if you never learned it in the first place.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

City Manager David Lynch

That sounds like the name of guy who would love to have confederate statues.

Sry. I had to say it.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Why should you allow your nation to lose it's history, YES the confederates were traitors and do not deserve statues, yes some of your founding fathers were not good men and indeed owned slaves both black and white by the way BUT destroying that history is the wrong way to go.

He whom forgets his past is doomed to repeat the errors of that past.

Also bowing down to these forces is wrong, why, who do you think is moving them Soros and co, sorry it's bigger than them think Enemy's of the US, China, Element's within Russia and a few other's that want you DIVIDED so that they can go and conquer while you deal with your own internal mess they have caused and your leaders have failed to address adequately or correctly.

ALL of your political party's need to realize this division is DESTROYING your nation.

But it, this blazing fire set to explode did not start without kindling and that was other element's within your nation, racists on both sides, gang's and scum and criminal's both at street level and in the highest offices of your land that allowed a corrupt judicial system to ignore your citizens right's while making the private owners of the police and prison industry rich as they kidnapped, framed and incarcerated your own people in order to swindled your taxes into there pockets.

Black people are an easy target because racism helped incarcerate so many of them, they are usually too poor to afford high quality legal representation BUT they are not alone, there are Hispanics and so called trailer trash and homeless are also disproportionately imprisoned, why because they are easier to pin something on than a relatively well off middle class guy that can afford a decent legal representative.

You have to stop seeing, Black, White, Yellow or bronze and start seeing American's.

I can see where you are coming from, it's is really the 'class' system that's not supposed to exist in the USA.
If you look at the American constitution, it is class driven, just like the electoral college, people who condescend on those who have a voice, but is simply ignored, in a gerrymandering way that doesn't even need borders...it's quite incredible really.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Wouldn't do any good.

Look at what happened to Rushmore.

They'd just bus losers in to destroy them.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Wouldn't do any good.

Jesus Neo, you are so arrogant at times,
Who are the losers you talk about?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Those packed like sardines wishing harm are doomed to certain outcomes depending upon those they wish to hurt the most. They are asking for trouble and one day they will find what they are truly looking for. Won't be you or me but it will happen guerilla style and its going to be ugly I know it, you know it, and they know it

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Wouldn't do any good.

I am guessing it is the one's that were riding the buses.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Pretty obvious the losers are the American Taliban tearing down,decapitating,burning statues of historical American figures.

What you call arrogance is just me being sick of the current state of the union by people that refuse to grow the eff up and act like intelligent,civilized adults.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

The statue of Christopher Columbus that Black Lives Matter protesters tore down and threw into Baltimore’s Inner Harbor on July 4th was dedicated by President Ronald Reagan in October 1984 as a monument to the Italian-American community.

And I'm 'arrogant'.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So statues get a sanctuary city now from the book burners, the anti-American Marxists.

Sad when we have to hide statues of Washington, Lincoln.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

bring back spanking little #s will think twice before lipping off to the old man in front of friends on the lawn

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Other than the boot thing, there are no statues or monuments in the US of Benedict Arnold to my knowledge, despite doing more for this country than the confederates, and rightfully so; bastard doesn't deserve a statue in the country he turned against. Still, I think most of the country has a grasp of who Benedict was and understand why we don't hold him in high regard. So, I have no sympathy for the Confederate statues being torn down when they never should have been erected in the first place. As for the statues of the 'good guys', I don't really have an opinion either way.

EDIT: maybe a dedicated statue area is the right way to go. Seems like a decent compromise.
edit on 5-7-2020 by bigsnowman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Thats all well and good for the statues that were simply toppled. Not so much for the ones that were totally destroyed. Like Frederick Douglass‘s was today. You know, the noted abolitionist?

I’m 100% sure vandalism is a crime, so is rioting. I’m also pretty sure that encouraging riots is incitement. Coming up with plans to commit vandalism is also conspiracy i do believe.

Arrest the vandals, rioters and conspirators instead of bowing to their nationwide directionless rampage of destruction. The more you give into them, the more emboldened they become and the worse it gets.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
YAY, Ohio!
I'll take a Washington or a Lincoln for the front yard. My lawn jockey is due to be replaced.

www.newsmax.com...

LOL, I live about 15 minutes from Newton Falls.

Yeah, we'll take em'

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Wouldn't do any good.

Why, our "beloved" American ISIS ideological terrorists, who else would he be implying here?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I predict that those currently who have the power of possession of the statues will not allow anyone to have their "toys".

These people are wielding them as weapons and likely don't want anyone else to take possession of these statues. Having sensible folks gain control over the statues and displaying them somewhere else will only make a spectacle out of the current fools who have removed them as the foolish children that they really are, for all to see.

Of course this is already the case, but then it would be magnified much more if they give them over to the adults.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join