It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schiff and the bounties

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Apparently Schiff has known about rumors of Russian bounties on US soldiers to be paid to the Taliban since February. He had been sitting on the information and waiting for an opportune time to leak it to the media. It looks like Pelosi, Pence, and Trump really didn’t know anything about it. I don’t know how to make a proper thread but I have known a little about this story for a few days and was waiting for someone to start a thread so we could all keep up.
If there is already a thread on this please direct me to it and we can forget about this justthenews.com...
edit on 5-7-2020 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Apparently Schiff has known about rumors of Russian bounties on US soldiers to be paid to the Taliban since February. He had been sitting on the information and waiting for an opportune time to leak it to the media. It looks like Pelosi, Pence, and Trump really didn’t know anything about it. I don’t know how to make a proper thread but I have known a little about this story for a few days and was waiting for someone to start a thread so we could all keep up.
If there is already a thread on this please direct me to it and we can forget about this one.

A link to the source would help, otherwise the mods are going to step on your thread.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Thanks I think I fixed it. This is my first thread.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

A link to the source would help, otherwise the mods are going to step on your thread.

Right you are!

Here's one report:

Schiff Learned Of Russian ‘Bounty’ Intelligence In February, Withheld Information From Congress, And Took No Action

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

The real questions are these.

If the bounties are real, would that change the actual threat levels and threat level reports for areas of conflict? As pointed outed, there is high motivation to kill US soldiers without a bounty.

What policy changes should be made, if any, if the bounty assessment had actual tangible proof.

You shouldn’t generalize, but I will go out on a limb. And draw a parallel.

The people that warned Trump was a war monger and claim we need to be the “bigger” nation, are the same people that want Trump to brutally clear the CHAZ. And are “disappointed” that Trump took no action on raw unverified intel? While giving no advise how policy should change.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Wait... Schiff supposedly heard rumors and the commander and chief was totally ignorant.

Trump should stop playing with his twitter and do the job he was elected to do. It has already been verified that this was in one of his written security briefs. If he doesn't read them he is a total failure as a leader.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Wait... Schiff supposedly heard rumors and the commander and chief was totally ignorant.

Trump should stop playing with his twitter and do the job he was elected to do. It has already been verified that this was in one of his written security briefs. If he doesn't read them he is a total failure as a leader.

You didn't read the article, did you?

Schiff, who has acknowledged President Donald Trump was never briefed on the so-called intelligence, has thus far refused to disclose that his staff was personally briefed.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There have been bounties by various countries and terrorist groups on US troops for decades at least, if not longer.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Obviously Schiff is an agent of Putin. Those are the rules the left has created.

As usual, whatever they accuse the other side of is what they've been doing.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Schiff, who has acknowledged President Donald Trump was never briefed on the so-called intelligence, has thus far refused to disclose that his staff was personally briefed.

I read it but don't trust it. One of their articles is about Diamond and Silk. This is the first time I had ever heard of the site and based on some of the other articles I think they may be full of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

No such thing has been verified. A few of the left-wing outlets reported that an anonymous source told them it was in the PDB sometime in the spring. If the source had seen it for sure, he'd be able to supply a more specific date or at least a month.

Stop spreading lies. Thank you.

Also, it's naive to think the President is automatically aware of everything every member of Congress has heard. This isn't very sophisticated thinking on your part.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
There have been bounties by various countries and terrorist groups on US troops for decades at least, if not longer.

I am not sure you have an answer?

Would Democrats like Russian labeled as a state sponsor of terror? What is the end game policy wise regarding the Russian Bounties?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I read it but don't trust it. One of their articles is about Diamond and Silk. This is the first time I had ever heard of the site and based on some of the other articles I think they may be full of it.

RealClearPolitics, The Federalist, and a few other sites have also reported it. This isn't the kind of thing CNN is going to cover, so I guess you're never gonna be able to believe it.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
has any actual evidence popped up?

Everything I read says there was a financial transaction from Russia GRU? to the Taliban, someone jumped to the conclusion that it was bounties, when the much more likely cause is buying intel on our newest weapons platforms that were used in Afganistan.

Also saw something this morning that says the original report goes all the way back to Bush Jr presidency, and that the only new thing was the date on the report.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Schiff is a turd.
EVERYTHING he has touched is tainted.

He probably arranged this like he arranged "the whistleblower ".
He is 100% bamn resist bs.
F him and the horse he rode in on.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Just because you don't trust it doesn't make it ok to deny the facts. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and do some damned research before you comment like that. Check other sites. It's not difficult and it can save you from looking like a partisan hack.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Proof the Democrats have planted BS stories to help their 2020 campaign against Trump.

Especially if Schiff is involved 😃

The "bounty" stories are all fake 😃

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

If the source had seen it for sure, he'd be able to supply a more specific date or at least a month.

One of the officials said the item appeared in Trump’s brief in late February; the other cited Feb. 27, specifically.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Official have a name?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

BRAIN CATES lays it out perfectly:

threadreaderapp.com...

threadreaderapp.com...

new topics

top topics