It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn’t they ‘fake find’ WMD s in 2003 Iraq?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: aeroscrog
a reply to: washy76

Actual weapons may not have been found, but they did find 550 TONS of uranium hidden at Iraq's main nuclear weapons research site that was awaiting the refinement process.

www.cbsnews.com...

Yeah, about that. Yellow Cake is an industrial byproduct, and while it's far from harmless it's also far from being a WMD. The key thing here is that it was stored but never refined. Iraq didn't have the ability, the money or the political will to weaponize it.

Saying that Iraq had a WMD program is like describing somebody as being an active shooter because they had their grandfather's service revolve locked in a box in the attic, but no bullets.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I like to think good old Bush Junior spends his retirement wandering the deserts of Iraq with a metal detector.

“Those damn weapons gotta be somewhere, any day now...”

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: aeroscrog

Actual weapons may not have been found, but they did find 550 TONS of uranium hidden at Iraq's main nuclear weapons research site that was awaiting the refinement process.

www.cbsnews.com...

Yeah, about that. Yellow Cake is an industrial byproduct, and while it's far from harmless it's also far from being a WMD. The key thing here is that it was stored but never refined. Iraq didn't have the ability, the money or the political will to weaponize it.

Saying that Iraq had a WMD program is like describing somebody as being an active shooter because they had their grandfather's service revolve locked in a box in the attic, but no bullets.

Yeah pretty much everyone here is acknowledging they didn't have an active program. That was what the intelligence got wrong.

It's fairly obvious they had every intention of starting back up though.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
At the tail end of the war in Iraq, American troops were made to wait as Russian "advisors" left in a convoy on their way to Syria. This occurred during the siege of Baghdad if I am remembering right. It was something that has stuck in my head ever since I saw it on the news all those years ago and it struck me as off back then.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: washy76 At the time wasn't a mystery most soldiers said only one with weapons of mass destruction was the US,just a plot to overthrow Iraq,cost was a few civilians

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: washy76 At the time wasn't a mystery most soldiers said only one with weapons of mass destruction was the US,just a plot to overthrow Iraq,cost was a few civilians

I'd love to know your source for "most soldiers" thinking anything of the sort.

posted on Aug, 18 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   

The political leaders who supported the Iraq War and committed military forces to regime change never dreamed that evidence of WMD and nuclear weapons programs would go unfound. In short, there was no reason for them to "fake" a WMD location and findings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join