It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China-India border dispute: is Pakistan about to enter the fray?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
As others have probably speculated, why all the problems in South Asia with China and India, well, here are a few reasons that make sense to me. Most wars are not just about conquest but also about taking other people's stuff. Stuff can be many things to include land, Water, women and of course gold in the old days. China is big on resources as their population has starved several times in the past.

IMO they are trying to position themselves to protect their imported oil supply (South China Sea) and acquire and protect land resources and water supplies.. Water means electricity as hydro electric dams are the end thing in that part of the world. Unfortunately those down stream often times suffer as a result of dam building. 7 Chinese dams on the Mekong and plans for more.. The Chinese sponsored Belt and Road Initiative that will stretch to the Arabian Sea port of Gwadar via Gilgit-Baltistan is a long term plan that is way down the road to being finished.

China is buying land and or financing stuff all around the world so that when the countries can not pay back the loan the project falls into Chin's hands for the next "X" number of years.. From what I have read the X=99 years in many cases.

This is a very long article but it is worth a read for anyone interested about a possible Pakistan, China, India. and no telling who else type of conflict.

The dispute goes beyond Kashmir’s borders. At stake are water resources on which 270 million people depend

India’s first nuclear tests took place in 1974, prompting Pakistan to launch its programme. Helped by transfers of technology from China, Pakistan crossed the nuclear threshold in 1989, according to Washington’s evaluation, and subsequently exchanged tit-for-tat test detonations with India in 1998.

“China’s recent actions against India might make India a more robust supporter of a strong Quad,” said Pant, referring to the US-led Quadrilateral Alliance including Australia, Japan and India, which Washington is seeking to grow into an anti-Beijing bulwark in the Indo-Pacific.

However, Akhtar believed India would be “ever more cautious about shifting towards the US and others, so as not to visibly distress the Chinese or be seen as building an anti-China alliance”.

Folks this whole thing is one big mess and I do think someday the smelly stuff is going to hit a big big fan and everyone in the region and maybe farther afield will get a whiff. I really do hope things can be worked out but......?

“This is not just a short-term scenario. With India bogged down on its northern border with China, and with the India-China relationship entering an extended cold period, Pakistan will have a strong incentive to increase pressure on India’s western border by ramping up cross-border firing and perhaps even encouraging Kashmiri militants to stage attacks on Indian security forces,” Kugelman said.

www.scmp.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Watching as China is beset with crisis after crisis: hog flu, Hong Kong protests, Wuhan Covid19, huge flooding in the Yangtze drainage threatening the three gorges dam and others, rumors of locust infestation, trade sanctions not only from America but from India, Australia, etc. I feel something very big will result.

Dislike for China or, more precisely for the CCP, is growing worldwide, while internal dissent may be much greater than we realize given the intense censorship the CCP imposes.

I don't make predictions but in my opinion, a military overthrow of the current regime in China isn't out of the question. We are living in interesting times.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Muslims, Hindu and Chinese have all had their issues going back a lot way. If things where going to ramp up between India and China I was hoping Pakistan was going to back India. The human rights record of Muslims living in China does provide some motivation for India and Pakistan to find some common ground.

But if the world worked that way we would not be here. So it sounds like China is trying to recruit Pakistan to help with some added confusion for a campaign. I don't know, lots of rumors of war around.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I mostly agree with what you said here.
It's important to understand that Mao was supported by "International Banking Elites" and the CCP is still a protege of the Roth-Rock consortium. It's money (or credit) that is keeping the Pakistan Gov't onboard with China these days, not religion. The Pakistani people may see it another way as time goes on and as the Chinese leadership continues to make further blunders. Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tamsuan

As you well know the Asians have a jungle underground where news and rumors spread fast and that was before the internet.

With some of the brutality that went on during the first out break of Covid I am sure the general populations (other than the most ardent communist) knows just how messed up the CCP can be.

Now The CCP is going into rural areas and bulldozing farm houses where people have been farming for generations to make way for some more empty construction projects. The people are left out in the elements with nothing but a promise they will have a new apartment coming soon. Evidently the CCP owns all land and can do as they want...

I like you have to think it would have to be a Military take over for the population is unfortunately disarmed. That would certainly not be the first time in Asia that has transpired... The question then becomes will they just go for more control and purges Like Mao or will something better be born ? I lean toward the Mao, Pol Pot play book myself. Hong Kong before and Taiwan are places where there were great honest people. Everyone I have ever known who did business on the mainland had nothing good to say about their experience other than the money they made.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

"The question then becomes will they just go for more control and purges Like Mao or will something better be born ? "

We are not in a position to know for sure but, I tend to believe that a closed, secretive regime is essentially weak in the long run while an open, honest and flexible government, allowing self-determination to culturally distinct communities would better endure the tests of time.

Looking at the header to this thread, my own opinion would be that rigid support for China would NOT be in Pakistan's best interest right now.

Again, no predictions from me. Cheers!

edit on 5-7-2020 by Tamsuan because: Added a bit to make my post more relevent to the OP

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

.....I was hoping Pakistan was going to back India.

Expecting Pakistan to support India would be like expecting Saudi Arabia to back Iran in a land dispute with Iraq.
It simply isn't going to happen......Pakistan and India have far more deep rooted differences with each other than either has with China.

The whole region is a ticking time bomb.

edit on 5/7/20 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The White House fear during the Bangladesh crisis of the early 70's was that China would come in on the side of Pakistan and then Russia would come in on the side of India and then there really would be trouble.
I don't know what effect the Russia factor would have nowadays.

edit on 5-7-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

China and Pakistan are technically allies but it is more accurate to say that while India is away with it's hands full of Chinese Pakistan will play, likely this would result in a major war in the region, China hoping to use it's proxy and perhaps egging them on behind the scene's while Pakistan whom has know's what India is capable of being cautious and hoping that China will attack so that some heat will be taken off of it, Pakistan will come in on the Chinese side but probably only if China starts to win.

That is however unlikely to be the case, the Indian military is far from a slouch and it can really hurt China without going nuclear.

Of course China can rebuild but these two nations have huge populations and there size difference is only a whisker, the most accurate estimates make India a slightly smaller population than China BUT China has better record's so it is actually possible that there are MORE Indian's.

edit on 5-7-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
At the beginning of the year I stated that by the end of this decade there will be a new China. I stand by that statement.

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Care to elaborate?

There may well be changes in China, just wondering what you envisage happening?

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Tamsuan

Nope, Flooding will prevent any military overthrow because something call Humanitarian Aid. Who ever is flooding China needs to be sent to hell because Japan and India is also flooding. Back to conspiracy of HAARP.
edit on 9-7-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Better than crappy Taiwan would be good. Taiwan is technological backwards constantly relying on USA. That is not considered as separate country.
edit on 9-7-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
CCP won't be the ruling party is what I mean.

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
sputniknews.com...

New Delhi (Sputnik): The two south Asian foes, India and Pakistan, at odds over Jammu and Kashmir since independence, have been accusing each other of constant ceasefire violations across the Line of Control (LoC). In the latest developments, India lodged a protest with Pakistan for 14 deaths in cross-border firing between the two countries.

One Indian Army soldier was killed on Friday in an ongoing exchange of fire in the Nowshera sector of Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan. The Indian Army accused Pakistan of violating the ceasefire agreed upon in 2003 concerning the Line of Control (LoC), the de-facto border dividing the two nations, and launched retaliatory fire.

The Indian military claimed there has been firing and shelling by Pakistani troops since midnight in which an army jawan received serious splinter injuries and later succumbed to them in hospital.

Government data suggests that this is the sixth soldier lost in cross-border fire over the last month.

On Wednesday, the Indian side also reported one civilian casualty and injuries to two others in cross-border fire by Pakistan in Kashmir’s Balakote sector.

India and Pakistan have been accusing each other of ceasefire violations along the LoC in contravention to an agreement enacted by the two sides in 2003.

On 6 July, Pakistan claimed five civilians including two boys were injured in unprovoked ceasefire violations by India in the Nikial sector along the LoC and so retaliated.

5 Civilians including 2 innocent boys and 2 elderly women got injured, due to Indian Army troops unprovoked ceasefire violation in Nikial Sector along #LOC, targeting civil population late last night. Pakistan Army troops responded effectively to Indian firing.

new topics

top topics

join