It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Job Numbers: Can we unite and conclude that President Obama/Trump created a strong economy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: walkinghomer

originally posted by: carewemust
Liberal Governors (mostly) get credit for the current comeback, since they're the ones who phucked us all over during the Spring.

I know you're a passionate supporter of President Trump but for a second, Can you explain why the job creation numbers under Obama was slightly better than under Trump. Why did the unemployment numbers continue under the trend of Obama. If Trump was this amazing job creator shouldn't we see a HUGE spike to show that he made a significant impact?

It is far easier to go from 10% unemployment to 5% than from 5% to 3%. Trumps numbers are more impressive. It is far more difficult to eke out gains when you are already at near full employment.

The recovery under Obama took way longer than it needed to because of the weight of Obamacare and other regulations. The American economy is pretty resilient though. The economy came back not because of Obama, but in spite of Obama. Obama was not business friendly.

The economy took off under Trump because he was business friendly and it ushered in new optimism.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: walkinghomer

Like I said, I work with employers finding people for them to hire.
Those numbers are never what they appear to be and truthfully I think they pull them out of their rears.

Businesses were treading water under Obama and are expanding under trump...on hold because of covid.

Not all jobs are created equal.

edit on 4-7-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
The numbers are misleading. Under obama we lost good paying full time jobs and replaced them with low paying part time or full time jobs. At the end of the obama administration there were more people underemployed and at or below the poverty line than ever before in this country. So yes, obama created a lot of low paying jobs. But only after losing just as many high paying jobs. And no one can debate the numbers for african-americans, unemployment has never been lower than it is now under Trump.

Firstly: Please provide some credible source to back this up. I'm assuming starting January 2017 all the jobs became good high paying jobs?

Secondly: The African American unemployment trend was going down under President Obama and falls into the same category. He started it and it continued under President Trump
Unemployment Rate - 20 Yrs. & Over
Unemployment rate of African Americans in the United States from 1990 to 2019

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Those numbers are never what they appear to be and truthfully I think they pull them out of their rears.

Businesses were treading water under Obama and are expanding under trump...on hold because of covid.

Appreciate your experience. I can then conclude that the numbers under President Obama and Trump were simply pulled out of their rears. Do you know where I can find credible numbers?

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: carewemust
Liberal Governors (mostly) get credit for the current comeback, since they're the ones who phucked us all over during the Spring.

I know you're a passionate supporter of President Trump but for a second, Can you explain why the job creation numbers under Obama was slightly better than under Trump. Why did the unemployment numbers continue under the trend of Obama. If Trump was this amazing job creator shouldn't we see a HUGE spike to show that he made a significant impact?

It is far easier to go from 10% unemployment to 5% than from 5% to 3%. Trumps numbers are more impressive. It is far more difficult to eke out gains when you are already at near full employment.

The recovery under Obama took way longer than it needed to because of the weight of Obamacare and other regulations. The American economy is pretty resilient though. The economy came back not because of Obama, but in spite of Obama. Obama was not business friendly.

The economy took off under Trump because he was business friendly and it ushered in new optimism.

Sorry I just can't buy what you're selling. Based on the numbers provided, I don't see where it "took off"

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

You can take it for what you will but just remember the government is giving us the numbers and I trust that about as far as I can thrown em.
You might have a more accurate picture if you find the numbers by individual states but I can’t say for sure.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You can take it for what you will but just remember the government is giving us the numbers and I trust that about as far as I can thrown em.

Agreed 100%

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Are you a expat living in Canada or vise versa? Just curious

edit on 4-7-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: spellen

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Exactly what policies of Obama's do you believe encouraged job creation?

The only thing Obama could think of to create jobs was a magic wand.
Now he probably wonders if Trump has one after all.

You wanna credit the POS have at it OP! Frankly I think it's lunacy.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I’ve worked in the employment industry for over 20 years.
When Obama was president people were looking for employers...
After trump was elected Employers were looking for people...

The truth from the trenches..

Thanks for the input and that may very well be correct but what about the numbers. He still had better Job growth that Trump.

During the obama years the numbers were based on unemployment records. When someone had used up the last of their unemployment benefits, they were not longer counted in the ranks of unemployed.
Many people got two or three minimum wage part time jobs to make ends meet, and others settled for minimum wage jobs that entitled them for government assistance, such as food stamps, rent subsidies, child care, etc. They benefitted more by being under-employed that by getting gainful employment.
The numbers game is ALWAYS rigged to make you believe whatever TPTB want you to.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I was already employed when Obama took office. The main difference? My health insurance TRIPLED under him. And for less coverage at that.

Don't ask me to say a single kind word about that man.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

This reminds me of the meeting we had at work, under Obama we has severe budget cuts and a 16% cut in hours.

On Monday, the day before the election when Hillary had a "95%" chance of winning, our CEO called us in to discuss bigger budget cuts but believed we could keep our hours for at least a year.

On Wednesday, the day after the vote, we were all back to full time employees. By Friday we had doubled the staff and was investing in a few new half million dollar projects. I can't help to wonder how many other small businesses experienced a similar outcome.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

That's a fair question but if you put policies aside for a second

I object your honor.
This post was meant to lead the witness.

Policies ARE one of the major reasons.

I did say for a second and did include a policy. Still though, why is his numbers better and why did the growth start under him and never went back up, just kept going down and down and down?

Are you asking about Barry ?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Gothmog

That's a fair question but if you put policies aside for a second

I object your honor.
This post was meant to lead the witness.

Policies ARE one of the major reasons.

It's not always easy to see. 'policies' when it comes to economics.

Especially when there is nothing to see.
Re : Barry

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Obamacare put more people into part-time positions to avoid that disaster.
Lest we forget Obama stating " those jobs aren't cpming.back". We have to except this as the new economy. Really, who thinks like that?
Apparently, he couldn't or didn't want any better of an economy.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: watchitburn
Was it food stamps? Someone had to print all those millions of stamps.

Come on. Focus on the numbers. Why is it his job creation numbers matches what Trump created and the numbers went down under him. Try to be fair for a second

I think there's more chance of hell freezing over than convincing a bunch of blinkered Trump fans to give credit to anyone but Trump for anything, no matter how solid your evidence may be

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Put simply, no, because the segments of the economy that are most effected aren't sectors that Trump is targeting, such as coal and heavy industry.

They're mostly things like the gig economy, which is a Democrat area.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mugger
Obamacare put more people into part-time positions to avoid that disaster.
Lest we forget Obama stating " those jobs aren't cpming.back". We have to except this as the new economy. Really, who thinks like that?
Apparently, he couldn't or didn't want any better of an economy.

Do you have any statistics for that?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Here are some stats:

www.npr.org...

From what I see, Obama took over after the 2010 recession, and subsequently added quite a few jobs because of that (started at a low point). During his tenure, part time employment remained relatively flat...but that chart is only measuring from 2010. Ill have to look at a chart that represents the time prior to Obamacare.

In other words, for some reason the data made available by NPR doesn't include information prior to 2010, when ACA took effect. Ill look around for a bit.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Obama inherited an economy that was collapsing. One million jobs lost the month before he took office. Trump inherited an economy on the rise for some time. Typical, since it happened with Reagan/Bush screwing up the economy, and Clinton fixed it. Then it happened again with George Bush, and Obama had to clean it up. And once again, Biden will have to clean up Trump's mess. See a pattern. I do. You can say all you want, but Republicans spend a lot of money that they put on credit, and then make Democrats pay for it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join