It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... who did Trump actually screw over?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Ok here is another video for those in deep denial..

a reply to: face23785

One of us here is hearing things and seeing things how they want. Is it me or you?😂🤔

About 8 billion people on planet earth... virus has killed what... half a million?

This post has to have been intended to derail the conversation.

Like I said before, I’m literally quarantined due to exposure and talked to multiple medical professionals on this subject recently. They uniformly weren’t worried about us and told us - flat out - the vast majority of people don’t show symptoms and it’s only a really really small component of confirmed cases that truly become problematic.

That’s from a doctor.

So, yeah... the big losers from the virus are the American people and the winners are the libs.

Maybe you can’t scale things, but think about this... more people die annually in America due to complications from lead poisoning than COVID.

The flu through history has probably killed untold millions - and hundreds of thousands a year.

Yet we live with all of that.

So, you cherry pick a YT video, provide no scaling or analysis of this subject and say orange man bad.

You must work for CNN!
edit on 5-7-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

I’m 100% open to changing my mind here if we can show some concrete evidence of wrongdoing... but up to the point of The Vid, I’m struggling to cite examples of how Trump has either directly or unintentionally harmed these sunsets of the population.

What's these "Sunsets of the population" ?
An

It doesn't take much mental effort to realize that it was a typo and he meant "subsets". You guys are really losing it.

Shakes head! some people!
Whose, "you guys" BTW?

Anyone not polishing Trumps nuts!

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
So you just ignored the video too.

a reply to: HalWesten

Typical behavior...

I ignored nothing. You're not doing anything except lying and trolling. Since you won't admit you are totally wrong I'm done with you.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
The "experts" have been giving out conflicting and even false information since day 1 on this Virus. Fauci said 2 million would die, he told the public not to use masks (so they could be saved for hospital workers) are just two prime examples. Part of the

'Dr. Anthony Fauci warns US could see up to 2 million confirmed cases of coronavirus'
abcnews.go.com...

He said that at the end of March, and in fact, he underestimated.

How about a little honesty?

January 21, 2020: Fauci claimed the coronavirus was “not a major threat to the people of the United States.”

WATCH 🔊: Dr. Anthony Fauci's original thoughts about the severity of the COVID-19 outbreak are revisited from a January interview with Newsmax TV's @gregkellyusa.

“This is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States should be worried about right now,” Fauci said during an interview with Newsmax’s Greg Kelly.

February 26, 2020: Fauci said, “Travel restrictions become almost irrelevant because you can’t keep out the entire world.”

“When you have a pandemic that involves multiple countries, travel restrictions become almost irrelevant because you can’t keep out the entire world,” Fauci said during an interview with CNBC News.

February 29, 2020: Fauci claimed there was no need for Americans to “change anything what you’re doing on a day-by-day basis” during an interview with the Today Show.

“Right now, at this moment, there is no need to change anything that you’re doing on a day-by-day basis,” Fauci said in response to a question about changing lifestyle habits. “Right now the risk is still low, but this could change.”

March 9, 2020: Well after concerns of the spread of the novel coronavirus had aroused, Fauci suggested that it was okay to take a trip on a cruise if you were a “healthy young person.”

“If you are a healthy young person, there is no reason if you want to go on a cruise ship, go on a cruise ship,” Fauci told reporters at a White House briefing.

“But the fact is that if you have … an individual who has an underlying condition, particularly an elderly person who has an underlying condition, I would recommend strongly that they do not go on a cruise ship,” Fauci added.

March 9, 2020: Fauci said the decision to hold a campaign rally the next day would be a “good judgment” if it were held at a venue where there was no “community spread.”

“Not sure what we’re going to be able to say at the time where you have a campaign rally,” Fauci said in response to a question regarding political campaign rallies. “If you’re talking about a campaign rally tomorrow, in a place where there is no community spread, I think the judgment to have it might be a good judgment.”

“If you want to talk about large gatherings in a place where you have community spread, I think that’s a judgment call,” Fauci added. “And if someone decides they want to cancel it, I wouldn’t publicly criticize them.”

March 12, 2020: In contrast to his February 26 remarks, Fauci said that he believed certain travel restrictions have “absolutely” helped with the prevention of the spread of the coronavirus.

“I think it absolutely has,” Fauci said. “I believe if we did not do that with China early on …”

Fauci also called the travel restriction involving Europe a “prudent choice.”

April 11, 2020: Fauci claimed during an interview with Fox News’s Jesse Watters that it was “in January” when he believed that this was a problem Americans needed to worry about, which contrasts several of his previous remarks made that month and the months following, including his remarks on the Today Show in February.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

'Dr. Anthony Fauci warns US could see up to 2 million confirmed cases of coronavirus'
abcnews.go.com...

originally posted by: HalWesten

Huh! the link is there for your pleasure...unless you get link blindness.
How about you be honest,

China Syndrome says China was not properly informing the rest of the world early on. No, matter the link I placed, on the specific subject I dealt with.... is there for you to see.
edit on 5-7-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: HalWesten
Actually, no, he made it clear that he was talking about "americans" who have died at the hands of all communists.

Everyone knows that million died under communism so I doubt that is what he meant. You two just went off half-cocked.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Good job, the wording totally fooled me. I can admit when I misread something, which happens now and then.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

How about you be honest,

China Syndrome says China was not properly informing the rest of the world early on. No, matter the link I placed, on the specific subject I dealt with.... is there for you to see.

I gave you the information in context. You just don't want to admit he said previously there was little to no danger to Americans. That's what I'm talking about when I say honesty. Cherry-picking something out of context to make a point is for juveniles.

China was not informing anyone at first. They were hiding what was going on for weeks. But don't believe me, here is link after link after link for you to read from dozens of resources showing that China hid vital information from everyone in the beginning.

Stop blaming Trump for the devastation from this virus. It doesn't matter who is in charge, viruses don't give a # about your politics.
edit on 5-7-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The "experts" have been giving out conflicting and even false information since day 1 on this Virus. Fauci said 2 million would die, he told the public not to use masks (so they could be saved for hospital workers) are just two prime examples. Part of the

abcnews.go.com...

Models predicted 1.5 to 2 million deaths from COVID
www.cato.org...

reason.com... rst-case-scenarios/

edit on 5-7-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

Models predicted 1.5 to 2 million deaths from COVID
www.cato.org...

reason.com... rst-case-scenarios/

That didn't come from Dr. Fauci,

(The steep curve with 2.2 million deaths was not from Dr. Fauci, however, but from Neal Ferguson’s team at Imperial College London.)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
His entire cabinet is filled with swamp creatures. They are gutting your economy right in front of your eyes. This is basic economics. This president is most definitely an enemy of the American working class. Hate to say but many of you are blind to this. It is a scam. Trump admin is only out to enrich themselves and they don't care who lives or dies or who will lose their standard of living. If you haven't felt it yet you will. They are gutting the economy. Watch. a reply to: jidnum

edit on 5-7-2020 by ras321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

How about you be honest,

I gave you the information in context. You just don't want to admit he said previously there was little to no danger to Americans. That's what I'm talking about when I say honesty. Cherry-picking something out of context to make a point is for juveniles.

China was not informing anyone at first. They were hiding what was going on for weeks. But don't believe me, here is link after link after link for you to read from dozens of resources showing that China hid vital information from everyone in the beginning.

Stop blaming Trump for the devastation from this virus. It doesn't matter who is in charge, viruses don't give a # about your politics.

Solid post.

My only point of contention with this that Trump is actually more-less right... and I just had that validated by a medical professional.

For some people, this is a big big deal. Let’s call it 20-30 million Americans or something like 5-8% of the population in the US.

So, those people most at risk should be isolated for their protection. A huge swath of that is retired people... so the labor market would have maybe take a small hit due to a slow down of in-person business - particularly business that retired folks frequent.

That would have minimized the impact materially on the vast majority of us - as for the huge swath of working America this isn’t a problem.

Now, even though the odds are really small of a young person passing away from this is low, we shouldn’t be doing dumb stuff like the AL students are doing and trying to get the disease.

I’ll do another thread on my experience later. However, this could a have been handled with far less economic and societal devastation.

And who were the first to take “extreme action” out of an “abundance of caution”? Blue state governors.

Who is the media eviscerating for “opening up” even though the case count is rising and the death rate is falling? Red state governors.

Makes it hard for me to say this isn’t politically motivated.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

How about you be honest,

Solid post.

My only point of contention with this that Trump is actually more-less right... and I just had that validated by a medical professional.

For some people, this is a big big deal. Let’s call it 20-30 million Americans or something like 5-8% of the population in the US.

So, those people most at risk should be isolated for their protection. A huge swath of that is retired people... so the labor market would have maybe take a small hit due to a slow down of in-person business - particularly business that retired folks frequent.

That would have minimized the impact materially on the vast majority of us - as for the huge swath of working America this isn’t a problem.

Now, even though the odds are really small of a young person passing away from this is low, we shouldn’t be doing dumb stuff like the AL students are doing and trying to get the disease.

I’ll do another thread on my experience later. However, this could a have been handled with far less economic and societal devastation.

And who were the first to take “extreme action” out of an “abundance of caution”? Blue state governors.

Who is the media eviscerating for “opening up” even though the case count is rising and the death rate is falling? Red state governors.

Makes it hard for me to say this isn’t politically motivated.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This thread is losing steam which is fine but also telling....

1) this board represents, largely, libertarian or conservative minded folks. Thus they won’t have much to share. Which is fine as these are reasonably minded people who care about results and don’t suffer from TDS.

2) there’s basically nothing you can actually hit Trump on, relative to allegations that actually sticks.

Either way, this thread proves the hysteria is unjust and bogus. We knew that factually and anecdotally but look at the responses. Nothing but non-sequiner, ad-hominem arguments, etc.

Trump has a better chance of getting re-elected than most perceive. I’m not planting the flag for his victory, but if Goldman is worried about a Biden presidency... that’s a thing.

We’ll see... but I really don’t anyone who is reading this will actually deliver a fact-based, unemotional argument. Which makes sense.

Btw/full disclosure: I didn’t vote for Trump I just view the modern left as the living embodiment of the worst humanity has to offer. Classical liberalism I’m fine with. I simply wanted to know what others could unearth - and besides feels (no talk about results), random race baiting and general emotion no one has a damned thing.

The left needs to do a serious self-assessment.
edit on 5-7-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

Do you actually, honestly believe your statement regarding communist people and their rein of terror? That Covid has killed more (in 5months) than the 100m+ people (killed by communism) in the last 120 years?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThouArtGod

Do you actually, honestly believe your statement regarding communist people and their rein of terror? That Covid has killed more (in 5months) than the 100m+ people (killed by communism) in the last 120 years?

Only if you use Joe Biden math. LOL

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThouArtGod

If anyone does they lack critical thinking skills and ditched out of high school history...

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Does that mean we need to outright ban them from serving? In a perfect world, maybe we could have them go through some robust mental health evaluation to find the ones that are mentally stable enough for service. But they would just whine that that's discrimination too so we're kind of in a box on that.

Take baby steps. What Trump doesn't want is for them to use the military to get free dicks hacks...lol

If you think about it if one went into the military for 4 years to do the full sex change regiment they would spend a good amount of their time in the military unable to deploy and other things. I have a son who is blind in one eye, he can't join, so ya the military is discriminate in many ways.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: face23785
Does that mean we need to outright ban them from serving? In a perfect world, maybe we could have them go through some robust mental health evaluation to find the ones that are mentally stable enough for service. But they would just whine that that's discrimination too so we're kind of in a box on that.

Take baby steps. What Trump doesn't want is for them to use the military to get free dicks hacks...lol

If you think about it if one went into the military for 4 years to do the full sex change regiment they would spend a good amount of their time in the military unable to deploy and other things. I have a son who is blind in one eye, he can't join, so ya the military is discriminate in many ways.

Is that unreasonable though? I don’t mean that in a crappy way... it’s for their relative safety.

You go into the military knowing you’re going to get trained to kill people. If you have a disadvantage... is that something a high-minded person should support?

Said another way - if something gives you a higher probability of being killed - and less effective at protecting the people you’re sworn to defend - I’m fine with said discrimination for both the safety of the individual in question, his colleagues and the citizenry that person is protecting. None of that is said in a negative or demeaning way - seriously.

As Eastwood once said, “A man’s gotta know his limitations.” Those are true words.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
His entire cabinet is filled with swamp creatures. They are gutting your economy right in front of your eyes. This is basic economics. This president is most definitely an enemy of the American working class. Hate to say but many of you are blind to this. It is a scam. Trump admin is only out to enrich themselves and they don't care who lives or dies or who will lose their standard of living. If you haven't felt it yet you will. They are gutting the economy. Watch. a reply to: jidnum

Yep and people are pissed off, out in the streets and burning it down, winning !

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

This thread is losing steam which is fine but also telling....

1) this board represents, largely, libertarian or conservative minded folks. Thus they won’t have much to share. Which is fine as these are reasonably minded people who care about results and don’t suffer from TDS.

2) there’s basically nothing you can actually hit Trump on, relative to allegations that actually sticks.

2]
Trump first said in late February that the virus will disappear "like a miracle. (I will allow for that one) He reiterated in May that he believed the virus, "is going to go away [even] without a vaccine."President Trump on (last) Wednesday stood by his belief that the coronavirus will eventually "just disappear" even as cases are surging in multiple states this week.
I would allow that first statement, but three strikes and you are out.

He of course, has encouraged people to attend his venues..as long as they sign disclaimers...
I don't think Stormy was there!
So this is a man who protects just about...nobody.

Above includes extracts from below,
thehill.com...

Thing is, your opinion is passe, since even Republican party members, are dusting down Trump fibres off their trousers.
Since you didn't address your post with any opinion other than your own, I don't think it right to post any link to Republican resistance to Trump...and no point in linking Democratic party resistance, since you will not look at that either....it's not sad, it's just something expected.
Hmm, where did that Grambler fella go to?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join