It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Defunded Police Works

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I blame the government. We had to wait to a massive event to initiate any change. Racial discrimination and police overreach was a thing for decades. Government has failed us.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I blame the government. We had to wait to a massive event to initiate any change. Racial discrimination and police overreach was a thing for decades. Government has failed us.

Yes, the problem had been there for long time, all governments through the years ignored it. This one is taking the bullet for that.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

So do you think we don't need police?

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Defund the police.

We need a return to the wild west, where people were more self sufficient and responsible for their own well being.

The system in place requires us as individuals and communities to be neutered.

Yes there will be chaos in the beginning but we'd be able to balance it out if the government would back off.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

they must be tired after all the overtime

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I think a good analogy would be the old world. Obviously, with government, there will be no completely defunded police. Someone has to carry the gun which collects taxes. This person, since they already have a gun, can also do stuff like investigate murders and bring people to a judge.

Like the old west.

Instead of roving bands of Apache, there can be roving bands of Antifa. Same idea though...they burn down your house and steal your stuff.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

More body cameras seem to be the answer

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

what i like about body cameras is it divorces the idea that police are above reproach from the idea of policing in general.

Humans are human. We all should be held with a healthy dose of skepticism.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join