It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 is here to stay. People will have to adapt

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
One of the few things dr. Anthony fauci has been consistent on, is saying America will have to decide how much death it is willing to live with, due to covid-19.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Are there any public statements to that effect for which you can provide sources?

edit on 7/5/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
In my opinion, there has been too much emphasis on the death rate and not enough attention given to potential long-term complications a COVID infection can cause. I know two people personally that got it back in spring, both young and relatively healthy. While they recovered from the main illness after roughly 2 weeks, they are still experiencing shortness of breath and minor breathing difficulties to this day, months after the fact.

There's still not a whole lot known about the long-term complications, but it's a factor we shouldn't ignore.

www.advisory.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We wrote the constitution and they’ve eroded it. We were warned that they wouldn’t stop until they succeeded. Thank you , fifth amendment . Good to know , I guess our rights are just privileges for the time being and definite future . I mean if grandma and grandpa are at high risk I think they should stay home . If they want to leave then yes by god they can go wherever their heart desires . If they don’t want to get sick the odds are better if they stay at home obviously . I think this wuflu hysteria has gotten way out of hand . I’m more into freedom than I am internment camps . I feel like everybody wants to play prison warden . I think people have the right do what they want . The Health department is the new ss . Sorry I don’t mean secret service .

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

Are they in shape ?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Thenail

I guess our rights are just privileges for the time being and definite future .
No. But there are limits. You can't do whatever you like.

Are you an anarchist? SCOTUS doesn't matter?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DanDanDat

Is a disgusting comment.

It has sometimes been stated (not by me) that instead of mitigation measures (like masks) for the general public, those who are at risk should be isolated by mandate.

What I actually meant is that if someone is so debilitated that they cannot wear a mask, perhaps it would be prudent for them to not go out in public at all. My aunt and uncle have made that choice, even though nothing prevents them from wearing a mask.

I understand what you meant; unfortunately what you meant is not correct.

You can not expect a whole group of people to "not go out in public at all" ... in fact for the disabled being told "not to go out in public at all" is the type of bigotry and prejudice they have been facing for millennium. Today its because we fear covid19, yesterday it was because we feared social stigma ... but in the end we are still asking a whole group of people to "not go out in public at all" ... let's not fool ourselves into thanking we are doing it for their own good. "For their own good" has been used to many times to dehumanize, degrade and harm "others".

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You are free to be an ass, but you are not free to harm others. Knowingly or unknowingly. You have a responsibility to reduce the chance of harm to others. A mask, a piece of paper or cloth, goes a long way toward doing that.

Wow, just saw this now. Now even you are name calling.

Phage, if you’re susceptible to not surviving the common flu — then don’t leave your home.

EVERYTHING can be delivered these days. Which also carries the Covid with it.

I’ve had it, Asymptomatic.

Most everyone in the common world has been ‘infected’.

Get over your fear mongering. It’s more people like you — that will justify this lockdown, mask covering (expressionless droids) as the NORM.
edit on 5-7-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

You had yourself tested? Why?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well I do , maybe that makes me a hedonist . I do what I want as long as I’m not physically hurting someone . It’s not a crime to walk around town if you’re sick . It’s extremely rude and selfish as it’s always been .i wouldn’t do it before or after the wuflu. I’m actually a nothingist. Basically I just want to go where I want and say what I want and as the days go by I’m able to do it less and less . When someone brings up how we need less freedom to move about I usually say something or I feel like in five years I’ll need a freedom pass signed by the mayor , governor and president to go to the gas station . Honestly no government agency holds water with me , they’re all cogs in the machine of total dominance and control .

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

You can not expect a whole group of people to "not go out in public at all"
I'm not talking about a group, I'm talking about individuals determining that their personal risk is too great and making a choice to not go out in public. My aunt and uncle have made that choice because they are in their 90s. If someone whose respiratory system is so compromised that they can't wear a mask it would probably be a good idea for them to make the same decision.

"For their own good" has been used to many times to dehumanize, degrade and harm "others".
Wearing a mask is not "for their own good."

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

You had yourself tested? Why?

Just to prove it was nothing. $199 well spent. Fear mongering must die.

You have this stance because you live in remote Hawaii, where you rarely have to wear a mask. Be honest, it doesn’t really affect you.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Quite the contrary, for a while now.

www.hawaiinewsnow.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

200 dollars , are they not free ?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Just to prove it was nothing.

Sure you did. When was the last time you were tested?

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Interview on the radio during morning talk radio hosted by the Mayor of Valdosta, SGMC doctors.

Yea I know not what you want to hear, but since it goes against the offical narrative by main stream media I doubt we will find it written on the web.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Written would be nice. A recording might even be better.

Sometimes the spoken word can be distorted, otherwise.

Hard to do any fact checking when someone just says "I heard it on the radio."

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
The poor are vulnerable, as are the elderly and those with other conditions.

No. Only the sick and unhealthy are vulnerable. Lots of elderly healthy people have had it and not had serious symptoms and gotten over it easily.

color=yellow] You can contain the virus with three tactics:

changes in behaviour; testing, tracing and isolation;

and, if they fail, lockdowns.

Contain? Containment is a moot point now. Forget about containment, it can never happen, so ##YourNewNormal.

We are all in this together and as long as the people (of whatever race, religion or political persuasion) allow themselves to believe the magical thinking that is standing in for sound/sane science and - yes - common sense, we have the ingredients for a national disaster on a scale never before seen.

The behavior of wearing masks outside the home must become the norm. It's not about keeping you safe - but it's about keeping everyone safe.

Yeah, except there is absolutely ZERO sane/sound science behind the wearing of masks for this thing, and lots of sane/sound science that says that wearing masks makes the wearer's immune system much weaker, as do lockdowns.

##YourNewNormal.

Masks are not terribly effective against the virus already in the environment - but they are very effective at keeping the virus out of the air WE ALL BREATHE

N95 masks properly worn, maybe... the silly cloth masks we're all being asked to wear? Nope. The virus particles easily go through those kinds of masks.

- and if every one wears simple masks CORRECTLY cover both nose and mouth the transmission rate drops to 5%.

Zero - I repeat - ZERO proof of that - and it is wrong anyway.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

a reply to: AutomateThis1
I want me and mine to be protected from you, not to protect you. That is the point. If an unmasked and infected person coughs near my, my mask won't help much.

So stay home.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The Covid-19 Models have as much credibility as the Presidential Election Models.

Anyone remember this highly-cited model calling for 22,000 deaths in Minnesota by July 13th?

twitter.com...

The media never admits how wrong either model (Covid or Election) was. They just broadcast whatever model says what they want to hear and convey.

MSM = #1 Enemy of the American People.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join