It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 is here to stay. People will have to adapt

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Its interesting how this whole thing has really brought out the underlying fascistic tendencies in people. Even smart people..

When the "experts" were first talking about masks, they were probably a helluva lot closer to the truth (click on discussion portion) than what they are peddling now. Theres a damn good chance masks will even increase viral load in sick individuals as well as compromise immune systems across the board from interfering with the respiratory process.

The tests themselves are trash and have been controversial in this application for decades. Notably.. With some of the oh so familiar names like Fauci.

We have massive discrepancies in reported cases/deaths between actual facilities and counties, and what is reported by organizations like the CDC and Dept of Health.

Dr. Karl Friston's work is suggesting that 50-80% of the population is "non-susceptible." Meaning, to achieve "community immunity," we are looking at the remaining portion of the population. Beyond that, we are learning that antibodies are only a part in "immunity," yet they are still the only thing the "experts" are talking about.

We have plenty of treatments for the different phases, quite effective ones at that, based on years and years of research and case reports (dismissed as "anecdotal").

We have corporate marketing supplanting actual science, and have for years with concepts like "settled science," steering the integrity of the process through funding, and the suborning of institutions we should be able to trust.

We see that the only spikes in all-cause deaths was not after months and months of The Virus circulating, but "coincidentally" around the same time as our approach of lockdowns and putting sick patients in nursing homes.

We are getting "vaccines are the only answer!" pounded into our heads, while its becoming clear that we have a lot more to learn about vaccines before we start riding into that particular sunset. Not to mention.. The horrific results of previous vaccine attempts and the predictable consequences of a typical vaccination for a virus that can cause cytokine storms. Not to mention notions of vaccine dependency.

We have public health officials, and general officials, who are clearly more concerned with their own agendas than the actual well-being of the public. On top of that, we have a public that thinks "being healthy" is no more specific than not eating junk food, not smoking, and exercising a bit.

We have mass censorship online of any voices that dissent from The Monolith. Many of these same corporations are literally endorsing marxist revolutionaries.

We have the decimation of small and medium businesses to funnel people into centralized corporations, all under the auspices of "safety."

Weve built entire systems to get people addicted to extreme emotions and dopamine hits, where "the truth" is somehow determined by internet debate tactics and mob rule.

We have deployed mass surveillance, not only through technology but through social means like contact tracing and "community led public safety systems."

We have estimates that show we have cost more than double the "years lost" through our approach than The Virus, and people are so well programmed.. they want more of it.

We most certainly do have to live with this virus (like any other pathogen that no one cared about until this year). But.. Forgive me for having serious doubts that this is all just a coinkeedink and for not marching lockstep towards dependency, subjugation, and mindless adherence to however The Monolith says I should behave on a given day.

So yeah.

Dont utilize modern technology to deliver self-sufficiency to every household. Just give 'em money. Dont leverage modern communications tech to more rapidly address crises, peruse existing research, etc. just handle it in the same ways as 100 years ago. Dont actually educate the public on their misconceptions about "being healthy," just tell 'em to wear a mask. Certainly dont educate them on the fact that just because its a novel virus doesnt mean literally everything about it is new, just market it like its all the scariest thing ever. Dont encourage clever folks to contribute by actually going through data, research & science, just have 'em tune in for their daily wetware update. Definitely denigrate and castigate those who look into how data is derived, we should simply accept it.

Anyone who questions The Monolith? Yeah.. They are just heretics and blasphemers. Literal scum who want people to die. Probably bigots and racists too.

/rant

No matter how serious you think this virus is (or is not), there are much bigger threats right now.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Fantastic...well said!!

a reply to: Serdgiam

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Where did this covid originate?

How did it spread so fast?

Are the people responsible facing consequences?

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: FyreByrd

Well the H1N1 pandemic lasted almost two years so it’s hard to understand why this one hanging around would be a surprise to anyone.

Truthfully this one is pretty tame and some day we will get another Spanish flu that will really do some damage.

Who knows how Covid 2.0 might look?

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Its interesting how this whole thing has really brought out the underlying fascistic tendencies in people. Even smart people..

When the "experts" were first talking about masks, they were probably a helluva lot closer to the truth (click on discussion portion) than what they are peddling now. Theres a damn good chance masks will even increase viral load in sick individuals as well as compromise immune systems across the board from interfering with the respiratory process.

The tests themselves are trash and have been controversial in this application for decades. Notably.. With some of the oh so familiar names like Fauci.

We have massive discrepancies in reported cases/deaths between actual facilities and counties, and what is reported by organizations like the CDC and Dept of Health.

Dr. Karl Friston's work is suggesting that 50-80% of the population is "non-susceptible." Meaning, to achieve "community immunity," we are looking at the remaining portion of the population. Beyond that, we are learning that antibodies are only a part in "immunity," yet they are still the only thing the "experts" are talking about.

We have plenty of treatments for the different phases, quite effective ones at that, based on years and years of research and case reports (dismissed as "anecdotal").

We have corporate marketing supplanting actual science, and have for years with concepts like "settled science," steering the integrity of the process through funding, and the suborning of institutions we should be able to trust.

We see that the only spikes in all-cause deaths was not after months and months of The Virus circulating, but "coincidentally" around the same time as our approach of lockdowns and putting sick patients in nursing homes.

We are getting "vaccines are the only answer!" pounded into our heads, while its becoming clear that we have a lot more to learn about vaccines before we start riding into that particular sunset. Not to mention.. The horrific results of previous vaccine attempts and the predictable consequences of a typical vaccination for a virus that can cause cytokine storms. Not to mention notions of vaccine dependency.

We have public health officials, and general officials, who are clearly more concerned with their own agendas than the actual well-being of the public. On top of that, we have a public that thinks "being healthy" is no more specific than not eating junk food, not smoking, and exercising a bit.

We have mass censorship online of any voices that dissent from The Monolith. Many of these same corporations are literally endorsing marxist revolutionaries.

We have the decimation of small and medium businesses to funnel people into centralized corporations, all under the auspices of "safety."

Weve built entire systems to get people addicted to extreme emotions and dopamine hits, where "the truth" is somehow determined by internet debate tactics and mob rule.

We have deployed mass surveillance, not only through technology but through social means like contact tracing and "community led public safety systems."

We have estimates that show we have cost more than double the "years lost" through our approach than The Virus, and people are so well programmed.. they want more of it.

We most certainly do have to live with this virus (like any other pathogen that no one cared about until this year). But.. Forgive me for having serious doubts that this is all just a coinkeedink and for not marching lockstep towards dependency, subjugation, and mindless adherence to however The Monolith says I should behave on a given day.

So yeah.

Dont utilize modern technology to deliver self-sufficiency to every household. Just give 'em money. Dont leverage modern communications tech to more rapidly address crises, peruse existing research, etc. just handle it in the same ways as 100 years ago. Dont actually educate the public on their misconceptions about "being healthy," just tell 'em to wear a mask. Certainly dont educate them on the fact that just because its a novel virus doesnt mean literally everything about it is new, just market it like its all the scariest thing ever. Dont encourage clever folks to contribute by actually going through data, research & science, just have 'em tune in for their daily wetware update. Definitely denigrate and castigate those who look into how data is derived, we should simply accept it.

Anyone who questions The Monolith? Yeah.. They are just heretics and blasphemers. Literal scum who want people to die. Probably bigots and racists too.

/rant

No matter how serious you think this virus is (or is not), there are much bigger threats right now.

Kudos this might be the seminal post on the COVID subject.

Medical science is not an exact science all the time, there are plenty of cases were educated and knowledgeable doctors and scientists disagree on causes, treatments, and protocols and these are on existing diseases that have been around forever. Many times what works for one patient might not for another, this is why lockdown and waiting on a vaccine is such folly. Now rumors of a mutation, yea sign me up for the first untried vaccine LOL.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

BUT BUT BUT BUT.......
The common cold does kill, the Flu does kill and you spread it by not wearing a mask your whole life. Stop trying to belittle the diseases to make yourself feel better.

In a few more waves the human immune system will develop ways to handle the covid-19 Virus, medical staff will figure out how to boost our immune systems, treat the server symptoms and it will become the common Covid-19. Like the other coronaviruses killing 1,000s a year who you didn't wearing a mask for.

But here's a question for you if you unknowingly have the virus put on a mask and go out and about.
Aren't you actually increasing your own viral load?

Making yourself sicker by breathing backing the virus from that mask.
So when you return home instead of a mildly weaken virus load you will spread around your own home a stronger more virulent version.
Good Luck stay safe and enjoy the tan lines.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Now rumors of a mutation, yea sign me up for the first untried vaccine LOL.
You're volunteering for clinical trials. That's very noble of you.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Aren't you actually increasing your own viral load?
No. Your viral load is determined by what's going on inside your body, not by what you inhale or exhale.

The viral load is the amount of a specific virus in a test sample taken from a patient. For COVID-19, that means how many viral genomes are detected in a nasopharyngeal swab from the patient. The viral load reflects how well a virus is replicating in an infected person. A high viral load for SARS-CoV2 detected in a patient swab means a large number of coronavirus particles are present in the patient.

source

So when you return home instead of a mildly weaken virus load you will spread around your own home a stronger more virulent version.
Why would it be stronger and more virulent?

edit on 7/4/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Now rumors of a mutation, yea sign me up for the first untried vaccine LOL.
You're volunteering for clinical trials. That's very noble of you.

LOL thats okay they are poking, prodding and prescribing me enough already potential Meniere"s disease, not that I'd get a COVID vaccine even if it was well tested. Besides you knew I was being sarcastic LOL.

PS. I'd be willing to bet you would volunteer for the first trial either, lol I know you are smarter than that.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I think those who volunteer for stage I trials are to be commended. At my age I don't think it would be a good idea.

Once stage III trials have been successfully completed I will probably get vaccinated at the first opportunity.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: myselfaswell

Perhaps you should look at sources in addition to ones like " Dr Stoian Alexov."

Uhm, that's a weird coincidence, but I can say more about Stoian Alexov. He's a leading pathologist in Bulgaria, also president of the Bulgarian Pathology Association. The dude actually helped rediagnose/restage my cancer which stopped me from going through chemo or radio, that would've destroyed my chances of having children due to another condition. Dude's quite level-headed, although I'm not familiar with his involvement with COVID statements etc, I saw the name and decided to chime in.
edit on 4-7-2020 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0

Thanks for the first hand information.

I had both radiation and chemotherapy 30 years ago. My oncologist (and his team) cured my cancer. My daughter just graduated from high school.

Is the translation of what he said concerning COVID accurate?

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Looking at the link now, just a moment.

ЕТА - https: //www.actualno.com/healthy/umirat-ot-koronavirus-ili-s-koronavirus-silno-ekspertno-nesyglasie-s-mutafchijski-i-szo-news_1462239.html

Here's what his statement actually is about - "Due to unspoken strong pressure from the World Health Organization (WHO), autopsies of fatally completed cases with established coronavirus are very difficult. Therefore, in his opinion and, in his words, in the opinion of his colleagues in Europe, it is not possible to draw a complete picture of how deadly the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus actually is and even whether it is deadly at all." Translated from the article. This was back in early May also and I'm not sure if it applies as his opinion at the moment. Also, many media outlets took that last bit and overblew it as far as I can trace the topic through other news articles.

Remember, that's a pathologist's viewpoint and is more pointed towards the fact autopsies were on halt, not on the conspiracy side of the COVID.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Also, the first time he made that statement in media presence was on Slavi Trifonov's TV channel, who is the most famous public media figure and who has ideas of becoming a politician. He's the only opposition for the current prime minister during the pandemic (all other parties have let the leading party...uhm lead) and he also used his discussion with Alexov for political motives in my opinion. I haven't seen the discussion but my band mate is the sound technician at the show so I've heard about it before from him.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Also am happy to hear about you beating it without any repercussions! It may come back in my case, but if it does, I just go through the chemo and will be alright. Will try have a child prior to that moment maybe

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

My oncologist retired about 10 years ago. It felt like I was losing a friend, though I did run into him on occasion for a while afterwards.

Thank you again for helping to sort what was said from what has been represented.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   
A new development tonight.

New mutation of coronavirus spreads disease more easily, warns Fauci

A mutation of coronavirus able to spread more easily may have emerged, America’s top infectious disease expert has warned as Texas made mask-wearing in public mandatory.

Dr Anthony Fauci, who sits on the White House coronavirus task force, said there is data to suggest the existence of a new mutation of Covid-19 which is more “transmissible”.

He cautioned that scientists are still trying to confirm its existence and it does not appear to be more damaging for people who catch that version.

However the potential existence of a mutation which spreads more easily is a cause for concern as the United States grapples with record highs of new daily coronavirus cases.

Is this what we're seeing now? More contagious, less dangerous?

Dr Fauci made his comments about a new mutation of Covid-19 during an appearance on a podcast run by The Journal of the American Medical Association.

“I think the data is showing that there is a single mutation that actually makes the virus be able to replicate better and maybe have high viral loads,” Dr Fauci said.

“We don't have a connection to whether an individual does worse with this or not. It just seems that the virus replicates better and may be more transmissible.”

Dr Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, added that confirmation was still being sought and that “very good” scientists continued to work on the issue.

edit on 4-7-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Is this what we're seeing now? More contagious, less dangerous?

Where do you get "less dangerous?"

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Serdgiam

So yeah.

/rant

Kudos this might be the seminal post on the COVID subject.

Medical science is not an exact science all the time, there are plenty of cases were educated and knowledgeable doctors and scientists disagree on causes, treatments, and protocols and these are on existing diseases that have been around forever. Many times what works for one patient might not for another, this is why lockdown and waiting on a vaccine is such folly. Now rumors of a mutation, yea sign me up for the first untried vaccine LOL.

That's about the nuts and bolts of it. I've often described doctors to be like mechanics, go and get 3 or 4 quotes and the diagnoses varies from business to business in the work required to fix the issue and the time it takes to fix.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join