It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEC, three letter acronym, middle word is Elon’s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Elon Musk is tweeting again, and this time, there are no words, both literally and figuratively.

On Friday, the Tesla CEO tweeted the following: "SEC, three letter acronym, middle word is Elon’s."

Given Musk's beef with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, which intensified around the time he tweeted he's "considering taking Tesla private" without anything to back it up, it's pretty easy to work out what Musk meant with this one.

Yeah, pretty easy to figure out what he meant.

To remove all doubt, though, one commenter on Twitter posted a photo of shorts with a sign saying "S*** Elon's C***," to which Musk replied "not bad."

Why would a person of sound mind say that to the SEC you might ask yourself.

Well,

Musk is clearly taunting the SEC and Tesla shorters after Tesla stock price hit an all-time high of $1,221.48 yesterday, making Tesla the most valuable carmaker globally.

That's probably why.

Musk's playing with fire here, though his gross joke is probably less risky than the "taking Tesla private" tweet, which significantly affected Tesla's stock price.

"Dangerous," one Twitter commenter said. "But so satisfying," replied Musk.

I guess Musk likes to troll.

Thank you for joining me for this special edition of Other News for Now.

mashable.com... R2qPMfBSAo30NttSyKsX6xj_wTKhzpW-qNsDq65KQStgRrlnkcnAbDTrzY

edit on 3-7-2020 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

.... is tweeting again, and this time, there are no words, both literally and figuratively.

On Friday, the Tesla CEO tweeted the following: "SEC, three letter acronym, middle word is Elon’s."

Given Musk's beef with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, which intensified around the time he tweeted he's "considering taking Tesla private" without anything to back it up, it's pretty easy to work out what Musk meant with this one.

Linken bitte!

edit on 3-7-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Enron used to be valuable too....lol

edit on 3-7-2020 by Bluntone22 because: Fricken auto correct

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Elon vs Enron.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Personally I think Elon is smug and arrogant.

But I still admire him.

He's like someone out of the Atlas Shrugged books. Literally went up against many staple industries and made new ones.... All while scoffing at regulation.

I do find it a bit odd many who'd I'd think would love him hate him, and many who should hate him love him.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think he is a man that wanted to leave a legacy. Nobody can take that away from him.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I’ll give him all the props in the world for space x.

But not so much for Tesla.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Why not tesla out of curiosity?

I'm not a fanboy or an environmentalist... Hell, I have a scandal VW diesel because the price was right and it gets killer mileage both in fuel economy and longevity.

But.... Teslas are undeniably great vehicles in their own right. Fastest acceleration, I think they're tastefully made, and they have weird bonuses like bio defense mode.

Edit:I also have lots of admiration for anyone who shakes up an industry when everyone says they can't.
edit on 3-7-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Tesla is what I call a shiny pony.
It’s pretty on the surface.

They can’t hit production goals.
Loads of quality issues.
I’ve heard that insurance and repairs are very expensive.
The company isn’t all that innovative as some people believe.

To me it’s just an overpriced stock in a company making an overpriced car.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Haha... Elon is not for this Earth! Homeboy just want's to give the Middle Finger and get to Mars.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Tesla is not a good investment and is over-bought by fanboys enamored with the pretty toys. the fundamentals are unsound and the cars are not a quality product. I would’t touch that stock.

ETA: I have nothing against Musk, but the fundamentals are what matters here not the emotion or hype.
edit on 2020/7/3 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I won't argue they're an overpriced stock, though it should be noted they do battery power plants/solutions as well... Still doesn't justify the stock price IMO.

I also agree the car is overpriced, and I don't think it will be a juggernaut as long as they stick strictly to batteries thay have to be charged.

I think fuel cells are a more compelling future player.

All that said, I still can't take away from the fact Tesla proved change is possible in an antiquated industry.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I would’t touch that stock.

Never played with Tesla stock. Not worth investing in, not worth shorting.

I do however like some of their competitors. Hyliion is my new favorite. I liked Nikola for a while, got in early and made a killing... But their founder is trying too hard to be Musk, he also hypes the stock too much, so it's a bit too shady for me now.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Their battery tech is actually from Panasonic I believe.

By fuel cells I’m assuming hydrogen?
That one is not too promising in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Their battery tech is actually from Panasonic I believe.

By fuel cells I’m assuming hydrogen?
That one is not too promising in my opinion.

I believe you're right on the Panasonic part. I think it's a joint venture though.

While they may not be the innovators of lithium batteries, they've certainly helped the industry in the utilization of them.

I like Hydrogen, but we are still a little while away on that one. Natural gas fuel cells are something that is more obtainable now with an existing infrastructure.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
St. Elon's College. SEC.

A school for the brilliant, but socially awkward.

See also: The Big Bang Theory, and Revenge of the Nerds...

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

To remove all doubt, though, one commenter on Twitter posted a photo of shorts with a sign saying "S*** Elon's C***," to which Musk replied "not bad."

What about 'Solve Elon's Clue'? I did like his volume 51 joke, stupidly smart. He does need to let some of those style guys get to work on the car design.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
St. Elon's College. SEC.

A school for the brilliant, but socially awkward.

See also: The Big Bang Theory, and Revenge of the Nerds...

Lol. Good one.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Secure Elons Company

Theyre trying to take Tesla away from him?

new topics

top topics

join