It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus said;- You are for me or against me

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: davido
There are many references to duality in the bible. Starting with the Tree of the knowledge good and evil.

Indeed. I'm planning to spend the next few weeks (depending on time allowed) covering several examples of them, mainly Old Testament. You missed one, in fact; in the opening verse, there's an implied duality between Creator and creation.
Your New Testament examples are good ones, too.

Additionally, monism or "all is one" is talked about in the bible. Meditating? How about "Be still and know God"
. Also God knows us. Paul looks to the time when he will know God as God knows him. But from both directions, this is about knowing an "other", so it's another example of asymmetric dualism.
[P.S. I've just remembered- I talk about asymmetry in the next thread, not in this one, so "another example" won't mean anything]

As for Magna Carta, give me a moment and I'll share the full quotation.

edit on 6-7-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Jesus said make me a sandwich Paul, and Paul did and it was good. Then Jesus died maybe and his hooker wife might have cried and then 300 years later they went back in time and stole his body and then went back further and gave him a body double but the time machine broke down so Jesus had to walk home which was France, then Irish came to America and threw out there hooked x beer coozys everywhere.

Then end.

edit on 6-7-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: davido
Non duality means one without a second.
And the Bible points to the one.

When the (assumed) two become one the kingdom shall be revealed.

The assumed two is you plus life.

What is occuring is the way the truth and the life......just what is happening.

There isn't anything separate doing anything.

Dr David R Hawkins is really clear in this 2 minute discussion and I offer it as a gift.

edit on 7-7-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
a reply to: DISRAELI

I'm not getting it from myself. I went to Catholic schools for 14 years, and did a lot of volunteering in the church. But I also studied other religions during that time including Gnostic texts. A lot of my beliefs are Buddhist. Technically, I'm a Christian Buddhist. I believe in the teachings of both.

Having been raised Catholic by an agnostic father and a Lutheran mother, and having a Lutheran brother and Protestant grandparents, I've kind of been soured on dogma. Buddhism ties it together for me, so that's where I'm coming from.

Jesus said in order to see the Kingdom of GOD, you must be born again. But the idea of being born again to a buddhist represents failure.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood
True, but it's dangerous from a different angle not to distinguish between being "born again" in the New Testament sense and reincarnation.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It is more like...you as a separate thing has to die.....and be flowing (born of water and spirit) along with life.

So you are not separated from the one that actually is.

Life is alive......it is always here now.

All one in Christ.

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I'm not getting it from myself. I went to Catholic schools for 14 years, and did a lot of volunteering in the church. But I also studied other religions during that time including Gnostic texts. A lot of my beliefs are Buddhist. Technically, I'm a Christian Buddhist. I believe in the teachings of both.

Having been raised Catholic by an agnostic father and a Lutheran mother, and having a Lutheran brother and Protestant grandparents, I've kind of been soured on dogma. Buddhism ties it together for me, so that's where I'm coming from.

Jesus said in order to see the Kingdom of GOD, you must be born again. But the idea of being born again to a buddhist represents failure.

No. Not failure. One learns from mistakes. That's ok and natural.

Remember the camel and eye of the needle. It takes a lot to get there. I wish I could get there. We all have trouble seeing our paths.
edit on 7-7-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
It is more like...you as a separate thing has to die.....and be flowing (born of water and spirit) along with life.

So you are not separated from the one that actually is.

Life is alive......it is always here now.

All one in Christ.

I agree with this. Well said.

Its like a flower blossoming and wilting from a bush.
edit on 7-7-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine
Thank you
😍

I read somewhere that 'universe' means the 'one unfolding'.......like a flower.

posted on Jul, 8 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: FyreByrd
Does being a non-theist mean that you want the words of Jesus to be self-contradictory, so that you don't have to take any notice of them, and you will therefore refuse to listen to any explanation? If so, I can't help you.
I don't see that I can explain the matter any more plainly than I've done so already.

An attack on me doesn't not support your point. The two statements are contradictory. Please explain why you think they are not.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: FyreByrd
Does being a non-theist mean that you want the words of Jesus to be self-contradictory, so that you don't have to take any notice of them, and you will therefore refuse to listen to any explanation? If so, I can't help you.
I don't see that I can explain the matter any more plainly than I've done so already.

An attack on me doesn't not support your point. The two statements are contradictory. Please explain why you think they are not.

He seems to be set in his ways. I'd not give up, but I'd find a hard time swaying him one way or the other. Asking openness to your opinion in this way seems a lost cause.

posted on Jul, 9 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
The two statements are contradictory. Please explain why you think they are not.

I did all that in the opening post.
Please now read it.
If you have read it, and refuse to understand it, that proves my point.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join