It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do Politicians Big Budget numbers mean in reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
"Scottish Government calls for £80bn UK-wide stimulus package
Finance Secretary Kate Forbes has launched a report setting out a proposal for a UK-wide £80bn stimulus package to regenerate the economy and reduce inequalities following the COVID-19 pandemic."

www.holyrood.com...

I need some help me understand how the £80,000,000,000 proposed is planned to get into the pockets of Mr and Mrs Jo Blo of Anyplace Street.

By my reckoning the £80Bn equals around £1,200 for each of us in the UK.

But how does the £1,200 get into our pockets? Can someone explain how and when?

To my mind this report could be in $,€,or ¥. The report comes from Scotland, but that too is irrelevant from my perspective. Mine is a straight, technical, question.

I see a lot of these huge numbers pitched in relation to big plans.

Maybe if Politicians made the books balance at an individual, personal, level I would have confidence in the politics of it all.

Dear Mods: I Hope this is in the right place, feel free to change if not.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

edit on 2-7-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

I need some help me understand how the £80,000,000,000 proposed is planned to get into the pockets of Mr and Mrs Jo Blo of Anyplace Street. By my reckoning the £80Bn equals around £1,200 for each of us in the UK.

That's the same they were going to give us but but in dollars. $1200. Weird how it's the same number. Like if some people got together a panel and asked what is the right amount to pay everyone off?

I never got our promised money and I know a lot of others that didn't ether.
I think we got robbed. Maybe your about to be robbed too?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

It simply means you...and I along with a bunch of people, have to pay it back....and that's only a decade after the last big payback.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

It simply means you...and I along with a bunch of people, have to pay it back....and that's only a decade after the last big payback.

Not us. We're still paying back money that was borrowed a generation or two ago. It will be our grandchildren paying this back. Assuming the ponzi scheme doesn't implode by then.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

I can help with that, they say they are going to give each person 1200. However, you have have to pay taxes on that @ 36%.

That leaves $768. That said, you need to immediately spend it on whatever you need to live, Rent 600, food 200, car insurance, 50, internet/phone 50.

That leaves you -150 in the hole, but hey, you get to live another month, and no worries, your grandkids can deal with the inflation later. or you can just beans and ramen when your 80. No worries.

Camain

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

Thanks for all the replies.

I reckon there's a 'scale' based on 1200 in any currency

So a BIG PROBLEM like C19 gets 1200 X the Population effected

The scale goes up or down depending on the severity of the problem.

This gives a budget to allocate out to fix a problem.

I still have no idea on how to trace through from the top line budget to the bottom line cash in your pocket. Because I guess there is no logic - just start with a guess and then build up a half true fairy tale to support it.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
That's the same they were going to give us but but in dollars. $1200. Weird how it's the same number. Like if some people got together a panel and asked what is the right amount to pay everyone off?

Same number but not the same amount. It's over $1,500.

new topics

top topics

join