It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race regression in 2020

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: network dude

the year, 2020. When solid, cold hard facts are called ignorant. Go get em tiger.

what does that even mean?

Dude - this is all nothing but opinion - you have no facts

This is going to sting a good bit. CNN didn't prepare your mind for all this.

Renegotiate NAFTA
Take no salary
Declare China a currency manipulator
Ask countries we protect to pay more for joint defense
Won't say 'Happy Holidays'
Limit legal immigration
Create private White House veterans hotline
Raise tariffs on goods imported into the U.S.
Move U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv to Jerusalem
Suspend immigration from terror-prone places
Keep Guantanamo Bay Detention Center open
Create a 10-percent repatriation tax
Save the Carrier plant in Indiana
Cancel the Paris climate agreement
Reverse Barack Obama's 2016 gun executive order
Nominate someone from his list of justices to replace Antonin Scalia
Slash federal regulations
Place lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying for foreign government
Stop TPP
Not get the US into another war, and working towards removing troops from Iraq and Afganastan (this one was my personal one, and not one mentioned in the article linked)

www.politifact.com...

The above list are campaign promises Trump made and kept. These are facts, and they are not in dispute. If you chose to dispute them, bring verifiable links, not just tears.

This is why discussions on this site turn out like they do. People feel they are just fine ignoring the truth that doesn't fit their agenda, and they pretend to still be correct, when they in fact are totally wrong and look like foolish idiots.

Another fact that you don't seem capable of grasping is that Harris is indeed Black, and the entire point of the OP is that voices that matter on the left are saying that Biden should choose a woman of color for his VP pick, my feelings are that those who say that are racist assholes. Biden should pick who would best run the nation in the event of his demise. If that choice is Harris, then you can do cartwheels, but now that this has come out, even if Harris was the best choice, she will be seen as the best BLACK choice, because these racists think that pandering to the black community will solidify their vote, as they are in danger of loosing it.

Now, I hope you understand what I mean by FACTS, but somehow, I suspect a last word lesson on a completely different topic.
edit on 3-7-2020 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Affirmative action Vice President.

Disgusting.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So, if Biden chooses a black woman as his running mate, it will be seen as pandering. What will it be seen as if he chooses a white woman? I'm curious as to who you all believe would be the best choice. If someone immediately dismisses his VP choice as pandering, before he's even made the choice mind you, on the sole grounds of it being a black person, well, what do you call that?

Is there a single black person he could pick as his running mate that would make you say "this is a good choice, not pandering"? If not.... what does that say about you?

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

This is going to sting a good bit. CNN didn't prepare your mind for all this.

It doesn't sting. I chuckled a little because I just learned that you're impressed by an 18% success rate. After almost a full term. That's a fact - and you gave me a graphic to look at just so I could know that for sure :-)

It's your opinion that the only way white people can not be racist is to keep hiring white people - because nobody else is qualified. You're more concerned with how it will look. You had several opportunities to respond to the things I said, but instead doubled down

Also, the reason discussions turn out on this site - like they do - is because you started a thread called Race regression in 2020, wherein you have decided that liberals are racist because they won't play ball the way you would

If I'm understanding you correctly that means you would only promote people that are the most qualified. Which are, evidently - only white people, and not ever black. And if the best candidate is black we should put that aside because: looks bad - it's pandering

You might see it that way, but it's looking like liberals are going to do exactly that - nominate a not white person for vice president. I wonder if history will see that as a racist move, or a strategic, egalitarian move in the right direction. Change has to start somewhere. Real change, not the hemming and hawing and stalling you propose just so things don't offend your delicate sensibilities

Now, I hope you understand what I mean by FACTS, but somehow, I suspect a last word lesson on a completely different topic.

Still no facts - just your opinion. And a sloppy critique of how successful your beloved Donald has been

Anyhow - see you in November

P.S. It seems like I'm the only leftier leaning person that bothered to come in here - I wonder why that is

edit on 7/3/2020 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I tried to read your post and not see it as overtly racist, but I just couldn't. It looks like you are saying that only white people would be qualified to do such a hard job, unless some special implements were in place to allow the choice to be only Black people.

I feel that color has nothing to do with how smart or qualified for a job a person may be. I said it a few times, and all I can think of is your dixicrat roots are showing.

I'll say it one more time, slowly, I don't agree with making stipulations on the second most important job in the country. I think that the most qualified individual should be chosen. IF THAT PERSON IS NOT WHITE, that changes nothing, they were the most qualified. See, I don't believe that a person of color isn't as smart as a white person, as you seem to be saying. I think we are all the same, with varying degrees of melanin.

now, on to the facts. If I remember correctly, Trump was a bumbling idiot who couldn't tie his shoe. Well, he managed to fulfill a few of his promises, and since elected officials rarely worry about things they promised, I took note and appreciated it. But the things he finished are right there on that site, laid out as facts. They aren't in dispute, unless you dispute they are true. If that's the case, bring proof, not tears. If you don't dispute them, then they are what we like to call "facts", which is what I brought.

The way you and the left seem to be attacking this, you will be segregating drinking fountains soon. Though you likely won't understand why i say that for a bit.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I tried to read your post and not see it as overtly racist

I don't think you did actually. I think you're saying that now because of how your own posts look. I think you need to call me a racist. Suit yourself

There's been a lot of talk here at ATS about just this sort of thing. It usually happens when a person has no argument. It's also a little scuzzy, but - it's your thread

I feel that color has nothing to do with how smart or qualified for a job a person may be. I said it a few times, and all I can think of is your dixicrat roots are showing.

You did offer a disclaimer at the beginning - true. Then you called liberals racist for hiring qualified people of color - because it looks bad. And now you're trying to clean up your trail of breadcrumbs

You didn't consider anything I said. Your OP - and all your following posts are what they are

The country is moving forward. If you feel that hiring qualified people of color is only racist when liberals do it - that's something I would expect based on what you wrote in your OP. So, no surprises

“There has not been another time in our nation’s history where a nominee of either party has announced that several well-qualified women, including women of color, are under serious consideration,” said Valerie Jarrett, longtime friend and White House advisor to President Obama.

The breakthrough, she said, reflects the progress that underrepresented women have made in politics.

“He has an embarrassment of riches from which to choose, and that is wonderful,” Jarrett, who is Black, said before correcting herself: “‘Wonderful’ doesn’t do the trick — it is historic.”

Biden is probably going to choose a black woman. We can't know for sure yet, he might change his mind. You think it would be racist if he does, you think I'm a racist because I think it's a good idea

So - there we are

edit on 7/4/2020 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
So, if Biden chooses a black woman as his running mate, it will be seen as pandering. What will it be seen as if he chooses a white woman? I'm curious as to who you all believe would be the best choice. If someone immediately dismisses his VP choice as pandering, before he's even made the choice mind you, on the sole grounds of it being a black person, well, what do you call that?

Is there a single black person he could pick as his running mate that would make you say "this is a good choice, not pandering"? If not.... what does that say about you?

Just so you get it, the issue isn't if he picks a black woman, over say an 80 year old white guy, the issue is before he started his picking process, his party is telling him and others, that his choice will have to be a woman of color.

Even thick headed idiots should be able to grasp this. If we made every choice based on race and gender before ability and experience, we would be living in the movie idiocracy, oh wait, we are.

And please, understand what pandering is. When someone calls out a group for saying they will only hire a woman of color, they are POINTING OUT PANDERING, NOT PARTICIPATING IN IT. Some are too wrapped up in themselves to get it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join