It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race regression in 2020

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Maybe they shouldn't have ran Harris, and Booker off at the beginning.

again democrats really do seem to be an inclusive party as they once again have another old white at the top of thier ticket

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ManSizedSquirrel

The human race has a real problem right now with collective thinking and pandering and we don't even see it. We are all being lopped into groups by those in power for their own gain and it's going to tear us apart.

This ^^^. And if you dissent from the collective thinking then you're "cancelled". These folks seem to truly believe that their way is the only way... and that they can just "cancel" anyone that doesn't agree. It's delusional.

I fought very hard throughout my life to reject a system of beliefs that I found out was a lie.

Good for you. Sometimes -- often times! -- the lessons we learn by living are the lessons we learn best.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is somewhat infuriating to me, since I have a similar situation in my company right now - a big push to ensure we have acceptable minority representation; we have to hit certain targets, despite being a fairly well represented company already.

So what they've essentially said here is; we're looking to hire more non-white people, and this will become part of the hiring process from now on. It's no longer based on the merit of character, or ones aptitude for the job - it's whether you tick a certain ethnic box, which is exactly what's happening in the OP.

I'm totally for equality of opportunity. and I'm happy to listen to people who say perhaps the playing field isn't yet completely even; but now they've taken it a step too far, and it has instead become about equality of outcome. Manufactured equality to appease the virtue signalling social media.

Am I mad, or is this totally irrational - if I'm hired in a position, I want to know it was because I was undeniably the best candidate, not simply because I ticked an ethnic box and helped them look better in a press release?
edit on 2-7-2020 by DeusInAbsentia because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: network dude

Why is our leadership trying to make us all racist?

Maybe you should ask our leadership. You know, the people running the country right now. But I doubt you’ll question them.

We aren’t living under hypothetical Democrat leadership. We’re living under an actual Donald Trump presidency. Question them. Or keep your mouth shut.

We're living under bipartisanship, the disfunction of which proves what a failure the political melting pot theory is.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Thanks Boadicea. I totally agree with everything you just stated. My experiences in life with people have shaped me and my beliefs, not the other way around.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I do!

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Why is our leadership trying to make us all racist?

Maybe you should ask our leadership. You know, the people running the country right now. But I doubt you’ll question them.

We aren’t living under hypothetical Democrat leadership. We’re living under an actual Donald Trump presidency. Question them. Or keep your mouth shut.

So Donald and I are sharing a blundt, and he does that teethy smile where he's about to cough, and he says to me, "network Dude, in answer to why the county is so screwed up, it's because these idiots would rather spend massive amounts of time, money, and effort to remove me, but can't find the sense to ask me if I would work with them?"

And then he giggled and we re-enacted the south park scene where Chef's dad was talking about the lock ness monster. It was epic.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
While the nation undergoes mass protests for racial discrimination and police brutality, you find this partisan fox news article to be important?

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
While the nation undergoes mass protests for racial discrimination and police brutality, you find this partisan fox news article to be important?

I find the systemic racism in the DNC to be sickening.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

You can only say this because Trump didn't pander

Pandering is in the eye of the beholder

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

You can only say this because Trump didn't pander

Pandering is in the eye of the beholder

I don't give a rats ass who does it, it's wrong. If it was only Trump, I'd say something. we are supposed to all be the same. We are supposed to all be judged by our actions, not our skin color. Hence- regression.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I wonder if you aren't pretending to be naive - this is American politics. It's not new

What is pandering if not strategy? We pick candidates that will appeal to our target audience

It always cracks me up when people accuse corporations of pandering. What do you think all their market research is for? Of course they're going to pander

So, Trump picked Pence for his white guy evangelical street cred - and Biden will (probably) pick Kamala Harris. There are many people in this country that are so on board with having a woman for president - vice president isn't at all a stretch. Person of color - why not? About damn time. So long as that person is qualified, pander all you want

It's almost as if you're saying Biden should pick a white guy - you know, just so he wouldn't be pandering

What would be distasteful about all this is if a candidate was chosen that had absolutely no skills whatsoever for the coveted position

!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

it's almost as if i'm saying the Vice President (potential) being the second most powerful position our nation can have, should be picked based on qualities of their job, abilities, and record. NOT just because they are black.

This isn't some right wing agenda stuff here, this is just plain dumb as # thinking.

If you were picked for an important position because of your under the desk work, rather than you were the best person for the job, others might not be as supportive of your new position.

But I suppose the VP doesn't really do much, and with Biden being so good at push ups, he will be around for a long time.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

it's almost as if i'm saying the Vice President (potential) being the second most powerful position our nation can have, should be picked based on qualities of their job, abilities, and record. NOT just because they are black.

It's almost as if you're saying that if he's picking someone that is black that person can't also be most qualified

I wonder who you think should be Biden's choice then? Any suggestions?

Kamala Harris was my first choice to run for president

Trump wasn't qualified for any office whatsoever. He's not even a successful business owner - he's just a shyster. Many people knew this before he even ran. Pandering, dog whistling and a little help from his friends got him the presidency

What are Pence's best qualifications?

I think what you're really upset about is first of all: liberals

2nd: this will probably be a winning ticket

3rd: black people cannot be most qualified

(That's not me accusing you of being a racist, that's me accusing you of pandering)

I have no problem with Kamala Harris stepping in should something happen to Biden. If he chooses someone else who also happens to be black and is also qualified? Fine by me. This country needs someone who isn't Trump - first and foremost

I know you love him, but many of us do not

edit on 7/3/2020 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Maybe Kamillia Harris is the best choice. Maybe she is the greatest choice evah! But when the choice has yet to be made, and you have people coming out like mentioned in the OP, pandering to race as the qualifying characteristic, then even if Harris was the best choice, everyone will just assume it's because she is black, since that was the underlying factor that prompted that choice, based on the information we see here.

I agree that Trump wasn't politically qualified to be president, but after the train wreck of Obama who was vetted and promoted as the MOST qualified AND THE FIRST BLACK MAN, (which is super important) anybody who wanted to try would be good in my eyes. And Trump as the very least, tried to follow through on his promises, which is way more than most have ever done. So you don't have to like him, but you can't argue with what he has done.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

everyone will just assume it's because she is black,

No, not everyone. People who think the same way you think will assume that

Like I said - I wanted her for president. Do you think you understand what my criteria are? You would have to make an assumption if you say yes

You might do that, but without that assumption your argument falls apart

So you don't have to like him, but you can't argue with what he has done.

And this right here is what makes ATS - ATS

The divide between us is too great dude - I cannot jump far enough to reach you

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

everyone will just assume it's because she is black,

No, not everyone. People who think the same way you think will assume that

Like I said - I wanted her for president. Do you think you understand what my criteria are? You would have to make an assumption if you say yes

You might do that, but without that assumption your argument falls apart

So you don't have to like him, but you can't argue with what he has done.

And this right here is what makes ATS - ATS

The divide between us is too great dude - I cannot jump far enough to reach you

and that is what's sad. You are willing to ignore facts that aren't in dispute in order to justify your hate dislike of Trump. Just so you are aware, acknowledging that he has kept a good number of his campaign promised in no way binds your vote to Trump. You can still not like him. But I feel this conversation is better had with the monitor when it's in the official mode.

Harris may well be the best BLACK choice Biden could make. But when the criteria is preset as it has been, it's a small pool of applicants to choose from. I sincerely hope that nobody has to wonder how bad it could get with a Biden presidency.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Harris may well be the best BLACK choice Biden could make.

Just going to leave your ignorance here. Your need to keep pointing out the obvious tells us you don't believe that it's possible she might also be the best candidate - you would prefer Biden pick someone white

I like her as a senator. I would have voted for her for president

I sincerely hope that nobody has to wonder how bad it could get with a Biden presidency.

I wish there was some kind of Darwin award for politics. And unintentional irony

Good day then Dude :-)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Harris may well be the best BLACK choice Biden could make.

Just going to leave your ignorance here. Your need to keep pointing out the obvious tells us you don't believe that it's possible she might also be the best candidate - you would prefer Biden pick someone white

I like her as a senator. I would have voted for her for president

I sincerely hope that nobody has to wonder how bad it could get with a Biden presidency.

I wish there was some kind of Darwin award for politics. And unintentional irony

Good day then Dude :-)

the year, 2020. When solid, cold hard facts are called ignorant. Go get em tiger.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

the year, 2020. When solid, cold hard facts are called ignorant. Go get em tiger.

what does that even mean?

Dude - this is all nothing but opinion - you have no facts

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join