It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race regression in 2020

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The poll found that seven in 10 Democrats think it’s “important” for Biden to pick a black woman as his VP, as 35 percent said it was “very important” and 37 percent said it was “somewhat important.” Twenty-six percent thought it was “not very” or “not at all” important.

Harris, the daughter of Jamaican and Indian immigrants, generated the most excitement among Democrats across racial lines: 41 percent of white voters and 32 percent of African-Americans said they would be “excited” by the choice. Overall, 33 percent called her choice “acceptable” and 12 percent called her “not acceptable.”

I'm going to leave this right here:

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
MLK Jr.

I have several dogs in this fight, so it matters to me. I was raised (taught) not to be racist. Racism is taught. Racism is learned. Life experience has reinforced what I was taught. That skin color has nothing to do with how good or bad a person can be.

Why is our leadership trying to make us all racist? Does everyone not see this for what it is?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I see it as pandering. Pandering is appealing to people based on their unconscious value systems.
Racism is most definitely an unconscious value system.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

it's making decisions based on race. Racism.

Definition of racism
1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a: a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b: a political or social system founded on racism
3: racial prejudice or discrimination

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

If only you’d quote mlk for stop and frisk or looking suspicious while black.

Even if races were Asian and hindu, the running mate would be one that panders or compliment ones policies.

You pointing this out when this is what politicians do no matter what the context is what’s suspect

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

The poll found that seven in 10 Democrats think it’s “important” for Biden to pick a black woman as his VP, as 35 percent said it was “very important” and 37 percent said it was “somewhat important.” Twenty-six percent thought it was “not very” or “not at all” important.
Harris, the daughter of Jamaican and Indian immigrants, generated the most excitement among Democrats across racial lines: 41 percent of white voters and 32 percent of African-Americans said they would be “excited” by the choice. Overall, 33 percent called her choice “acceptable” and 12 percent called her “not acceptable.”

I would have thought ability and qualifactions were more important than

colour, on a level playing field. But saying that makes me racist in some's

eyes.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
MLK Jr.

And if he was alive today may have added......ability and qualifactions

to his statement?

Seems like some would like a head start rather than a level playing field

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Maybe pick the best person for the job instead of someone that checks the correct diversity boxes.

Damn I miss Reagan...
Hell I miss bill clinton...

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

MLK Jr.

I have several dogs in this fight, so it matters to me. I was raised (taught) not to be racist. Racism is taught. Racism is learned. Life experience has reinforced what I was taught. That skin color has nothing to do with how good or bad a person can be.

Why is our leadership trying to make us all racist? Does everyone not see this for what it is?

For what it's worth, I was brought up in a very racist household. But early on in my life I began to think for myself and I quickly understood based on my experiences that my parents were wrong to put an entire race or ethnicity of people into a one size fits all group. I have friends (as well as a sister in law) that look nothing like me, but are some of the greatest human beings I have ever met. Racism is taught, but it's not taught to everyone and those who were taught it can easily unlearn it simply by talking to people and embracing the individual.

The human race has a real problem right now with collective thinking and pandering and we don't even see it. We are all being lopped into groups by those in power for their own gain and it's going to tear us apart. I fought very hard throughout my life to reject a system of beliefs that I found out was a lie. I wish others would do the same and start thinking for themselves (I forgot which color pill I had to take again). Sorry if I went off topic slightly, I'm just really getting sick of those in power trying to start a race war.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The people who would represent the democrat party are meaningless.

What is important is The Party. The Party is all.

The Party will choose who will represent The Party and The Party will tell them what to say.

All Hail The Party. All Obey The Party.

The Party will not be denied, The Party will not be disobeyed.

My point is, strict adherence to Party allows the evil democrats to pick whatever mouthpiece they want.
edit on 2-7-2020 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I dont know if I understand the premise of your thread. You seem to be a knowldgeable political person. This has always been done in politics.

Biden hamstrung himself when he said he would pick a woman VP. The current political mood in the country is about having black voices and black buy in. (lets forget the fact another old white guy is at the top of the democratic ticket)

I mean the only way the democrats can come off like they actualyl car ebout black people is by picking a black woman.

But this has always been done to grab someone and say that someone will give them the lion share of whatever that someone's demographic is.

I thought this has always been done in politics right??

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Maybe pick the best person for the job instead of someone that checks the correct diversity boxes.
a reply to: Bluntone22

He has already promised a woman. and Biden is going to be led to follow the mainstream narrative of who to pick

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Why is our leadership trying to make us all racist?

Maybe you should ask our leadership. You know, the people running the country right now. But I doubt you’ll question them.

We aren’t living under hypothetical Democrat leadership. We’re living under an actual Donald Trump presidency. Question them. Or keep your mouth shut.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

I dont know if I understand the premise of your thread. You seem to be a knowldgeable political person. This has always been done in politics.

Biden hamstrung himself when he said he would pick a woman VP. The current political mood in the country is about having black voices and black buy in. (lets forget the fact another old white guy is at the top of the democratic ticket)

I mean the only way the democrats can come off like they actualyl car ebout black people is by picking a black woman.

But this has always been done to grab someone and say that someone will give them the lion share of whatever that someone's demographic is.

I thought this has always been done in politics right??

(emphasis above mine to address that statement here)

So, are you saying that a single black woman can speak for ALL black people in this country? Isn't that saying openly that the color drives the policy? Are you saying that if someone's skin is black, that they MUST vote for someone with the same color skin regardless of their platform and policy agenda?

Just because it was done in the past, should NOT be justification of continuing a systemic policy of racial stereotyping. And this from a party that claims to represent the exact opposite of that?

How very racist a viewpoint.

Sickening if you ask me.

Someone's position on the issues should be the driving force, not the level of melanin in their skin.

edit on 7/2/2020 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

So, are you saying that a single black woman can speak for ALL black people in this country?
a reply to: Krakatoa

No ofcourse not! but I mean the media has acted like this is the case for long

AL Sharpton and Jesse jakcson being defacto black leaders

I dont know of anybody I talk with that listens to or follows those two

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

So, are you saying that a single black woman can speak for ALL black people in this country?

No ofcourse not! but I mean the media has acted like this is the case for long

AL Sharpton and Jesse jakcson being defacto black leaders

I dont know of anybody I talk with that listens to or follows those two

Ok thanks for clarifying.

But then, because the media does it, still does not make it right. Yet, if called out on it, who gets called the racists?

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Are you saying that of someone's skin is black, that they MUST vote for someone with the same color skin regardless of their platform and policy agenda?

Nope not saying that at all. People are led to belive that it helps to have a similar face out there that you are appealing to for your votes.

But maybe it is aparty thing. Because it would be interesting to see the demogarpic brakdown for the voters who elected Tim Scott.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Someone's position on the issues should be the driving force, not the level of melanin in their skin.

You better tell Joe Biden that

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Are you saying that of someone's skin is black, that they MUST vote for someone with the same color skin regardless of their platform and policy agenda?

Nope not saying that at all. People are led to belive that it helps to have a similar face out there that you are appealing to for your votes.

But maybe it is aparty thing. Because it would be interesting to see the demogarpic brakdown for the voters who elected Tim Scott.

What I am saying is why does it even matter at all?? Seriously? Are we not supposed to treat people as individuals? With their own goals and minds to think for themselves? Partitioning off stats as you suggest merely perpetuates the racial division, literally.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

But then, because the media does it, still does not make it right. Yet, if called out on it, who gets called the racists?

The media can perform whatever magic they want. Look what they did with the couple in St Louis? They get somehow twisted into being racist. Yet if we look at all these protest there are more white people at all these protest.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
LOL WHAT ?

Biden has to pick a person of color for VP ?

Maybe they shouldn't have ran Harris, and Booker off at the beginning.

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Partitioning off stats as you suggest merely perpetuates the racial division, literally.

Politics dont work like that. its always been about winning demograpics. Even Networks work like that. Trying to win a certain demo.

If you have someone who is good at their job on your campaign team there are going to be asking how do win this demo, how do we win this demo and so on and son. with the realization you are not going to win ALL demo's

Was it bad to point out that Bernie sanders was doing well with yuonger voters??

Politics have for the most part always been about a demographic breakdown of what you can win and what you cannot win.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join