It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird sounds Coming Out Of Weining, Guizhou in China For 10 Days Now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
NIGHT FURY!

Or Well, Light Fury.

edit on 3753Friday202013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
Yeah, could be fake maybe there's some bored teenagers in China too.

Only other explanation I could come up with is the plates shifting from the pressure in the Three Gorges Dam.

This is the world's largest dam that's over flood stage and there's rumors it's starting to break. The weight of the water is so great the Dam actually slows down the rotation of the earth by a fraction of a second. Anyway, I read the weight of the water can actually shift the earth plates. So maybe with the pressure of the flood water is putting pressure of the plates causing a noise?

Where did you get the idea the Three Gorges Dam is the world's largest? It's not even close. It has the most installed power generation capacity, but there are a number of dams with much larger volumes of water held back.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Only other explanation I could come up with is the plates shifting from the pressure in the Three Gorges Dam.

This is the world's largest dam that's over flood stage and there's rumors it's starting to break. The weight of the water is so great the Dam actually slows down the rotation of the earth by a fraction of a second. Anyway, I read the weight of the water can actually shift the earth plates. So maybe with the pressure of the flood water is putting pressure of the plates causing a noise?

Where did you get the idea the Three Gorges Dam is the world's largest? It's not even close. It has the most installed power generation capacity, but there are a number of dams with much larger volumes of water held back.

3 gorges is the worlds largest hydroelectric dam by many magnitudes.

www.infoplease.com...

www.livescience.com/amp/32738-whats-the-biggest-dam-in-the-world.html

You are thinking worlds largest man made reservoir

And yes for that list by volume it would be lake kariba.

This article from business insider goes a little more in depth on the whole Slowing earths rotation and fact checks it as being true.

www.businessinsider.com/chinas-three-gorges-dam-really-will-slow-the-earths-rotation-2010-6%3famp

So yes the 3 gorges damn did slow earths rotation, but by no larger fraction than many other variables that have to be accounted for on a continual basis.

Edited to add: just noticed you have to copy paste the link URLs on the last two links into your browser idk why, but copy paste is working at least.
edit on 3-7-2020 by Stevenmonet because: (no reason given)

Edited to add: My limited understanding of how this worked in 3 gorges, but did not have as noticable an effect with the formation of larger man made reservoirs is the height above sea level the mass of watter's center of gravity was moved to and how rapidly it was done. This is just my understanding after reading many articles on the subject.

It's basically the difference between a fat short man slowly rising vs a tall slender man jumping to his feet while both are standing on the surface of a spinning ball. It has less to do with the amount of mass shifting its center of gravity, and has more to do with how rapidly that mass shifts its center of gravity

Sorry if that example doesn't help, but it's the best I could come up with.
edit on 3-7-2020 by Stevenmonet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenmonet

originally posted by: face23785

3 gorges is the worlds largest hydroelectric dam by many magnitudes.

www.infoplease.com...

www.livescience.com/amp/32738-whats-the-biggest-dam-in-the-world.html

You are thinking worlds largest man made reservoir

And yes for that list by volume it would be lake kariba.

This article from business insider goes a little more in depth on the whole Slowing earths rotation and fact checks it as being true.

www.businessinsider.com/chinas-three-gorges-dam-really-will-slow-the-earths-rotation-2010-6%3famp

So yes the 3 gorges damn did slow earths rotation, but by no larger fraction than many other variables that have to be accounted for on a continual basis.

Edited to add: just noticed you have to copy paste the link URLs on the last two links into your browser idk why, but copy paste is working at least.

What is that list purporting to show? Is it the volume of the dam itself? It isn't very specific. If that's the case, I think the volume and weight of the water is a much bigger factor.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I edited my previous comment for clarity I hope it helps with understanding the physics involved regarding the effect of shifting the center of gravity of a mass of watter on earths rotation.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I just thought of a better example. Sit on a swing next to a small child. Lift your legs and lean back very slowly while the child does the same quickly. You have a much larger mass changing its center of gravity, but the child is changing their smaller masses center of gravity more rapidly.

When you swing on a swing you are generating momentum by changing your center of gravity.

Sure timing is involved when optimizing for velocity ideally changing your center of gravity at the top of each swing, but from a dead start the effects of a small mass changing its center of gravity quickly vs a larger mass changing its center of gravity very slowly should be obvious to any casual observer.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenmonet

I get the idea, I wasn't disputing the gravitational effects. I just wasn't sure what about that dam makes it the "world's largest." Again, the list you linked to isn't very specific about what it's claiming and appears to have a typo listing Three Gorges as the largest. Every other source I've seen about the volume of the dam has it at around 40 million cubic meters, whereas the list you posted has it listed at 40 billion cubic meters.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Smarties

The second sounds like Lions roaring, communicating over a long distance.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

As far as accuracy of any Info in the links I am not an expert, so cant verify. I just googled worlds largest dam, and then worlds largest man made reservoir. And posted the first few links to pop up in google.

Then I looked for any info I could find on the effect on earths rotation caused by 3 gorges, and then searched to see if any other massive reservoirs had a similar effect. Once I got down to about number 5 on the list of worlds largest reservoirs without any hits on rotational change to earth I was forced to speculate.

Here is a better link that explains the math involved, I'll see if I can find a link to the model and data NASA used when measuring the effect of 3 gorges on earths rotational velocity, but this is the best I have found so far and it sites 42 trillion kilograms of water, and i have seen others that say 42 billion tons, whether those are short tons idk.

It looks like it's all about mass and distance moved above sea level. They use the example of a figure scatter putting their arms out, so any mass shifting above or below sea level should have an effect.

it is not like larger reservoirs than 3 gorges did not effect it at all maybe it just wasn't noteworthy, but if we can get our hands on the model NASA used maybe we could plug in the numbers for some of these larger reservoirs and measure the effects and compare.

earthscience.stackexchange.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Again, I don't doubt the gravitational effects, even though that's nothing but a curiosity.

It looks like Three Gorges is not the world's largest dam though, that's all I took issue with and we really don't need to keep derailing the thread over something so trivial.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Ok last one I swear best I could do..

I used this link for a list of man made reservoirs by volume of water since fresh watter all weighs about the same: en.m.wikipedia.org...

Then I googled the reservoirs name and its elevation above see level.

The biggest reservoir on the list was lake kariba at a volume of 180.6 cubic kilometers of water and an elevation of 29 meters above sea level.

For comparison 3 gorges reservoir is only 27th by volume with 39.3 cubic kilometers of water, but it has a max elevation of 185 meters above see level.

So combined with the information from the link in my previous comment we can clearly see Why a mass less than 1/4 the size of lake kariba being elevated to a little over 6 times the height of lake kariba above sea level can have such a greater effect on earths rotation.

I didn't bother going down the remaining 25 examples of larger man made reservoirs by volume than 3 gorges reservoir, but you are more than welcome to.

You may even want to crunch numbers on some of the worlds tallest dams. I found the jinping-I in China at a height of 305 meters above sea level is the record holder, but I didn't see jinping-I reservoir anywhere on the worlds largest man made reservoir list.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Is this thread ufo related or...?

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PHDIKOULAS

I've been telling people for months that July is Godzilla time, it's the logical next step for thr left before August meteors and September moon explosion.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
They discovered it was the mating call of a type of bird they have there. 4 people in China arrested for starting the dragon rumor

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
One of those is a recording of a lion or tiger.

Its just some joke or hoax.

posted on Jul, 4 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

42 trillion kg = 42 billion tons (1000 kg/2200 lbs)

Same amount of water/mass specified using either description.

Can also specify as 42 billion cubic meters since 1 cubic meter of freshwater is also 1000 kg/2200 lbs

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Sound source has been found coming from a cave

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Just one word to sum this up....

K A I J U...!!

edit on 5-7-2020 by Ironclad1964 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
In the second video I definitely hear a lion.
I took care of lions, lived next to them, woke up by them in the morning.
So if you ask me I say somebody is projecting sound effects.

posted on Jul, 5 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ahamarlin

If it is, then it is trapped in a cave. They have identified the sound is coming from a cave
mobile.twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join